Lyrita Audio's Headphone Amp

viren bakhshi

headphone amp_3.jpg

Lyrita Audio has just brought out a new tube Headphone amplifier, dedicated to headphone listening.

A simple circuit, tube based, with a EZ80 rectifier, and a Russian 6N6P audio tube. Transformer heavy again, with separate high voltage and filament transformers, choke filtered power supply, and two audio output transformers. So, the Headphone amp is definitely not portable!

Single analog RCA input, single output headphone jack, and a high quality stereo carbon track potentiometer.

Price is Rs.12,000.

Regards,
Viren

This looks fabulous.
Can you please publish the detailed specs of the amp along with some larger pics ?

Did some search & found this review on this very forum. Bigger pictures are available there.
I would still like to know the power output specs & other measurements.

Last edited:
Hi Viren,

Can you also post a link to a bigger picture(s) if possible. From what can be seen in the pic attached, the piece has that gorgeous classy vintage look. Keep up the good work!

Looks lovely Viren.

Do post a few bigger pictures with different views, side and back.

regards

Here are specifications for the Lyrita Headphone amp:

Input impedance------100k ohms
Output impedance-----100 ohms
Frequency response----30 Hz to 20 kHz

Power output, measured, with an input signal of 2V:
- output voltage into 32 ohms----1.2V (power 45 mW)
- output voltage into 300 ohms---4.9V (power 80 mW)
- output voltage into 600 ohms---5.9V (power 60 mW)

More pictures - the headphone stand can be easily dismounted.

Last edited:
Can I Play Hif
View attachment 4085

Lyrita Audio has just brought out a new tube Headphone amplifier, dedicated to headphone listening.

A simple circuit, tube based, with a EZ80 rectifier, and a Russian 6N6P audio tube. Transformer heavy again, with separate high voltage and filament transformers, choke filtered power supply, and two audio output transformers. So, the Headphone amp is definitely not portable!

Single analog RCA input, single output headphone jack, and a high quality stereo carbon track potentiometer.

Price is Rs.12,000.

Regards,
Viren

View attachment 4085

Price is Rs.12,000.

Regards,
Viren
Hi Viren,
Can i play Hifiman Sundara with this amp?

Kausik

Hi,

Lyrita no longer makes dedicated headphone amps, per se. The earlier headphone amp was suitable only for high impedance headphones.

Headphones have expanded to many products, most of which are demanding loads. Only a full power amp is able to drive the huge variety of headphones. So, any of the small tube power amps that Lyrita makes can be configured to drive headphones as well. These will be regular power amps, not portable at all.

Viren

Hi,

Lyrita no longer makes dedicated headphone amps, per se. The earlier headphone amp was suitable only for high impedance headphones.

Headphones have expanded to many products, most of which are demanding loads. Only a full power amp is able to drive the huge variety of headphones. So, any of the small tube power amps that Lyrita makes can be configured to drive headphones as well. These will be regular power amps, not portable at all.

Viren
Thank you for the information. I understood and agree. Therefore like horn speakers i need to choose a high sensitivity headphone. Planar magnetic flat headphones saw need lots of power.
I though planning to buy a headphone but don't want that to move around with me. It will be static. I'm going for this headphone because the room orientation is still not suitable for for the floor speakers.
Therefore once i complete the choice of headphone i should seek advice for amplifier. As the source is digital hence dac will come in between.
Thankyou

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back