Lyrita Audio's New Amity Speaker

Thanks, thevortex.
I guess the thought was to use the bigger SET for the primary round of auditions because the 6C33CB SET would have enough oomph to spare to handle explosive drum attacks/bass demanding passages effortlessly bec of its much larger power reserves.
I shall be listening to the Amity's with mid priced Solid State amps next & also with the 2A3.

Hi,

Kamal Excellent :clapping: , Am relieved that I was close too with my assumptions on the sound ;)!!

I also like Asit will sincerely request you to please please edit the post and bring in more paragraph's and breaks ! Its really bothering me to read it in its current form ! Please excuse me for the comments but I had to.....

Please let me know when you are planning to visit next so that I can try to join and meet you since Am in delhi and Am likely to be till 30th or so :) !!

Regards.

Thanks Soundsgreat.
I've just mailed the original wordfile in which I'd composed the write up to Asit.
While copy/pasting to the Forum post page, it all jumbled up, para breaks got lost, bold highlighting also went.
I don't really know how to set the post page right.
If I email you the article in the original word file, could you do something?

Kamalji,
What a wonderfully detailed review. Truly applaud the effort.
The amount of music!!!!!!!! Phew.

Written as a review should be. Maybe some of the guys who write on HIFI in WHF & AVM should be mailed a copy asap.
Rgds

Thanks a ton Dinyaar.
Yes ,you're involved in something which has been your lifelong passion,time flies, effort seems effortless.
But I do wish i could do something abt the layout of the post -it seems to be bothering some members.

Hi,

Thanks Soundsgreat.
I've just mailed the original wordfile in which I'd composed the write up to Asit.
While copy/pasting to the Forum post page, it all jumbled up, para breaks got lost, bold highlighting also went.
I don't really know how to set the post page right.
If I email you the article in the original word file, could you do something?

Kamal the formatting of word and here are bit different due to PHP scripts and such !! so the word file and this will have differences !

Am sorry but no matter what I try it'll still be similar if not same ! The persons who can clean it are Our Mod's (Hifi,Madbullram) !! So please ask them coz they are only guys with editing controls of posts from all other members !!

Both you guys listening ?? where is the mod when you need one :lol:??

Else you your self can do one thing,click edit and add space where required (using space bar and return key for gap between the lines ) !!

Regards.

Kamal,

Thanks for a very very very (yes, I meant it thrice) well written review. Your passion and soul really came out in this write-up. I am really touched.

A great, varied and huge collection of music you listened to. Unmatched diligence. But I hate to use the word 'diligence', 'love affair' is more apt, as already indicated in my last post.

Can you refer to any other speaker that we may know about that would be close to the Amity in terms of musicality, clarity, resolution, coherence, and a balance of bass, midrange and treble performance?

It seems simply imperative for me to go and visit Viren's place to have a listen to these speakers much before I see anything else like the Red Fort (I have been to Delhi many times, but never saw anything there. Recently I was there in early July, but got back the same evening). Only thing is I do not know when I'd be in Delhi next time. I do not travel well and much.

Thanks for sending the word file. I really really appreciate it.

Regards.

Kudos to Kamal for superb review.

Would wait to know the performance of Amity with solid state electronics.

Hi Kamal

I would love to come for one of the sessions preferably on weekends. In case it takes place please let me know

thanks

Hi dillihifi,
Some other members also expressed such a desire.
Lemme talk to Viren-perhaps something can be set up for the next weekend when we can all meeet each other & also have a musical time.

Soundsgreat wrote-
"....Else you your self can do one thing,click edit and add space where required (using space bar and return key for gap between the lines ) !!"
Thanks Soundsgreat.
Have attempted something like you suggested.
Plz take a look.
I wish it could be possible to transfer the formatting of a Word file just as it is-would be a huge help.

Hi kamal!

One word- awesome!

As Dinyar has said way better than what we get from the mags.
As some one also said a treasure of info about music.

Its one thing to have an audition but it is really something to share it with others with wonderful precision.Thanks a lot.:clapping:

cheers,
sri

Hi,

Soundsgreat wrote-
"....Else you your self can do one thing,click edit and add space where required (using space bar and return key for gap between the lines ) !!"
Thanks Soundsgreat.
Have attempted something like you suggested.
Plz take a look.
I wish it could be possible to transfer the formatting of a Word file just as it is-would be a huge help.

Kamal now its just right no need to change :) !! I finished it now and its now giving the proper insight into the product !!

Thanks for editing it !!

Regards.

Dear Kamal !

Thanks for a comprehensive and accurate review.

I will only briefly highlight the points that struck me:

- Soundstage was amazingly wide open & deep. The speakers soon bacame invisible. Viren attributed to open-baffle but I think it is good designing.

- The bass response was fast accurate and tight. The Sheffield Test Disc performance was an eye opener. I'm sure even Viren was surprised to hear his own babies.

- The highs were somewhat mellow.

- I missed the vocal presence that I am so used to in Viren's speakers.

- The speakers performed exceedingly well when the music had fewer instruments but appeared somewhat overwhelmed when a lot of instruments played together at the same time.

- Musically great

- Aesthetically great

Overall a wonderful package from our very own genius ! :clapping:

Regards

Sanjay

I missed the vocal presence that I am so used to in Viren's speakers.Sanjay

Hi Sanjay,

i quite know what you mean!

open baffle speakers tend to lean towards 2D presentation of the midrange, and while they are immediate and without compression, they tend to lose out on the "body" of male and female voice.

regards

Where is this review that Kamal had trouble editing? Its not on the first page?

TIA
Regards

Where is this review that Kamal had trouble editing? Its not on the first page?

TIA
Regards

Detailed review by Kamalji on 3rd page. First page post was just an introduction to the Amity's

Sanjay wrote:-
" I missed the vocal presence that I am so used to in Viren's speakers."
Suri wrote:-
" open baffle speakers tend to lean towards 2D presentation of the midrange, and while they are immediate and without compression, they tend to lose out on the "body" of male and female voice."

As a matter of fact, it was precisely to address this issue that the 3 position Tonal balance switch is being put in.
Apart from the factor re the open baffle design that Suri mentioned, the 12" Eminence driver with the shallow slope designed in the crossover shifts the tonal balance a bit towards the lower frequencies, vis a vis the Harmony speaker, making for a more laid back presentation.
The Tonal balance switch enables the flexibity to shift the presentation, from Flat, laid back, to a more forward one, which would enhance the feeling of Presence.
You could thus vary the presentation to suit you personal preference, adjust somewhat for speaker placement constraints, & also for the type of music being listened to- e.g, Flat /bit more laid back for vocals/blues/jazz/Classical & forward for rock/energetic pop.
@panditji & dillihifi, what say we meet up for an audition of the Amity with your SS Amps & your fav music ?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back