Lyrita interconnects

prem

I had the pleasure of listening to the Lyrita interconnects in my system today. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. Considering it costs only a couple of thousands, its fantastic value for money.

I have not heard the Lyrita amps or speakers yet. But going by the quality of the interconnects, i am sure that for a few tens of thousands Lyrita offers you a different take on the music. One which is probably more emotionally involving.

Hi Prem , Can you please share with us the model number of the Interconnect and the price of it. How good they are when compared to products like Nordost , VDH , Solitone etc. I am in a process of buying a IC , so I am curious.

regards
Vijay

Hi Dali

The interconnects are not mine. Its my friends. There is no model number mentioned on the interconnect. It only shows a few arrows so i presume its directional. Maybe Stevieboy or Rajiv or Viren himself will be able to help you with the model no and the exact cost.

My personal take on the interconnects is that it will sound better in open sounding systems.

I cannot compare the Lyrita to the brands you have asked because i have not heard any of them on my system. I have heard the Nordost and VDH in showrooms. Nordost is fast and a little lean sounding. VDH is pleasant sounding but a little slow and opaque for my tastes. I have never heard Solitone.

Last edited:
Hi Prem , Can you please share with us the model number of the Interconnect and the price of it. How good they are when compared to products like Nordost , VDH , Solitone etc. I am in a process of buying a IC , so I am curious.

regards
Vijay

hi vijay,

he just makes two pairs one regular and one with gold plated connectors. i dont know the prices but i got mine for 1k a few years back. the regular one. in my system i compared it to a straight wire interconnect, the audioquest king cobra and viren's interconnect bested them. even in a blind test with my girlfriend whom i told just listen and tell me what you hear. not even what i'm doing or what i'm changing. same take both of us had.

i heard it in arj's system and it didn't sound good. his interconnects sounded much better in his system. don't remember what they were bout couple of years back...

i think, and its just conjecture, that his interconnects will go good with simple speakers ie no/simple crossovers and low powered amps which is why prem seems to have some positive experience as his set up mirrors mine to some extent, low powered SET and high sensitivity speakers. you'd have to listen and see. viren might send you a pair for audition. check with him. i've got his speaker cables too.

regards

Know this is a nine year old post. But writing just to confirm that my experience with a Lyrita interconnects matches those above. And agree with Prem - as my system started opening up through upgrades and optimisations, the Lyrita started proving to be more advantageous than the Nordost and VDH interconnects I possess.

I have used Lyrita's ICs for at least 7-8 years now and in their various avatars. One of the earlier versions was a cloth shielded copper wire which later has evolved to an enamel coated bare copper strand. I would best describe the sound as airy, open, free-flowing with a very large sound stage. The latest version sounds more refined than the previous ones in my opinion. Pairing of these cables with Lyrita amps is a very good match (doesn't mean that these don't/can't pair well with other gear). I find them to sound honest, if it makes any sense. It emphasizes on the tonal richness of the music content rather than focusing overtly on embellishing them. The enamel on the cables is so thin, I virtually find these to be non-shielded. In my system these sound effortless and less congested.

Whenever I have swapped the Lyrita ICs with any shielded cables (currently, I use the ones Mr. Murthy makes), it changes the tonal balance of the system. The sound becomes a tad heftier, gets me a sense of more weight and bass, the staging constricts and it sounds a bit subdued/muted. Putting back the Lyrita ICs immediately starts giving me much more information in the music, feels less clogged. By no means is it light on bass, rather it provides a more articulated and defined low end which doesn't feel bloated.

One more thing that I can share based on my experience is that since I live in an RFI prone area (2 radio stations in close vicinity), it makes it very difficult to be able to use the Lyrita ICs in the analog part of the chain. Tube phono amps are sensitive to RFI pickup. RFI is random and varies with weather conditions and what not. There are days when I have been able to use Lyrita ICs between my TT-->Phono & Phono-->Pre. But mostly shielded cables do the duty at the analog side of things.

All of this said, these changes are more apparent in more resolving systems. So the mileage may vary. I will try more cables in the future from other renowned brands and be able to draw more comparisons.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back