Lyrita Owner's thread

Congrats Helium and Vortex.

I remember Helium was hung on big bass a few months back. The funny thing is you can read and read audio reviews for months and years, but real understanding of what one likes only comes with listening to different kinds of equipment. "Hearing is believing" as they say ... :)

Enjoy listening!

Cheers

Gobble thank you for those encouraging words. I guess I was lucky to found my way in the dark, quiet quickly without blowing the fuse.:thumbsup:

helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakres: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

hi sharmaji?
Congrats on your latest aquisition.
Rgds
Venu

Thank you Venuji

It's your turn now. Your visit is due. You were a wonderful host, do let me return the same.

--
helium

Congratulation to you too vortex. Please also list down your equipment/ pics on this thread.

--
helium

My equipment is as below:

Source - HTPC with ASUS Xonar D2X sound card (Analog outs only)
Amplification - Lyrita SET 2A3c (the same input, output and rectifier tubes that you have).
Speakers - EPOS M12.2
Subwoofer - EPOS ELS Sub (for movies)

Last edited:
Congrats helium

I think you made the right choice. Hearing is beliving as they say. Btw what happened to the Bryston

My equipment from the Lyrita stable

Lyrita Tube based power amps
Lyrita Tube based pre amp with phono stage built in
Lyrita Harmony One Speakers

alongwith no dearth of support from Mr Bakshi (never used though) . Been using this system for more than 3 years now. Worth every penny paid.

My equipment from the Lyrita stable

Lyrita Tube based power amps
Lyrita Tube based pre amp with phono stage built in
Lyrita Harmony One Speakers

alongwith no dearth of support from Mr Bakshi (never used though) . Been using this system for more than 3 years now. Worth every penny paid.

Hi dilli,
is your power amp separate monoblocks or its a single unit. Can you please post a picture of it.
Thanks.

Hi,

I have separate monoblocks. I will post the picture later after I figure out how to do so. However the image of the same is given in Lyrita's website under the reference monoblocks and so is the lync preamp.

Ive been using the 6C33CB set amp for the past 6 months now and enjoying every moment. The stereo set up is

Lyrita Audio 6C33CB amp
Marantz CD 6002
Pioneer CR 1380 wr double casette deck (21 yrs old and running.. beutifully)
Canton CT920SC speakers 89DB senstivity 320W Max.
Interconnects and speaker wires ...by Lyrita of course
The Lyrita drives these speakers effortlessly and with a sweet sound which is thoroughly enjoyable.Midrange is the speciality ,trumpets,saxaphones,clarinets all these sound great and since my speakers go all the way down to 16Hz ,the Bass is just....nice and tight !My 20 yr old casettes ,once dumped in the attic,are out dusted and fully in use ,they never sounded so good.
On the way is a phono pre amp from Lyrita for my ,also on the way,Pro-ject Debut 3 TT.All that remains are the LP's ! and these are also on the way !from 20North and importcds.com hope they arive before the year ends
nirmal

Hi,

My set up is

Lyrita 2A3 SET(with RCA 45 tubes and Mullard GZ34 rectifier, Tungsol 5687 )

Lyrita Phono stage(Mullard GZ34/GZ32, PhilipsECG 7025, SIEMENS triple mica 5751, Tungsol 5687)

This combination of tubes gives the best sound to my ears in my set up.

The Source is a Linn lp12/Ittok/Soundsmith rebuilt Asak/Fidelity Research FRT4 SUT.
Loudspeakers are Altec horns/Tannoy 15 inch Monitor Golds

Interconnects and speaker cables are are also Lyrita.

Regards
Rajiv

Last edited:
I will be touching upon this in my 'Valve amplifiers' thread as well. But please dont give too much importance to the sensitivity figure as far as your speakers are concerned. Hearing is believing - as has been said so many times in this thread alone.

My speakers are rated at 87 db/w. The SET amp is rated at 2.5 W. Enough said about the numbers. There is ample room filling sound on offer. Rajiv too experienced this the other day when he so kindly came in to look at a couple of things.

Thanks guys for the enthusiasm you've shown by mentioning your experiences, equipment but Please also Post Pics.:cool:

Kindest regards,

--
helium

Hello,
let me also join the Lyrita community. My Lyrita setup is as follows

1)Lyrita pre amp with phono Preamp fitted with usual tubes.
2) Lyrita 6c33c amp fitted with usual tubes
3) Harmony one speakers with special platform custom made by Mr bhakshi so that they can be raised by 16"
Cd source is Cambrdge audio azur 540 D v2 dvd player
vinyl source is Project Debut 3 TT with Shure M97 Xe cartridge.
All the IC and speaker cables custom made by Mr Bhakshi from Lyrita Audio.

The only tweak applied to the speaker is a pair of socks is stuffed to each Harmony one speaker to reduce the boomyness as I can't offer them much breathing space from the rear wall.
I mostly listen to vinyls. My music listening experience has improved quite a lot because of this system.
Thanks.

Hi,

Posting links to the recently held European Triode Festival

European Triode Festival - ETF 2009 photos

European Triode Festival 2009

Thought members wiould find it interesting.

The most interesting speakers for me are these Altec based open baffle speakers using a an Altec 416 an Altec 414 and 802 compression driver.

European Triode Festival 2009/cg/DSC_0885

The Onken+ open baffle is also pretty interesting.The woofer looks like a JBL 2226,not shure what the other drivers are,though the ribbon looks familiar.

European Triode Festival 2009/hb/DSC_0320

Regards
Rajiv

Hi,

My set up is

Lyrita 2A3 SET(with RCA 45 tubes and Mullard GZ34 rectifier, Tungsol 5687 )

Lyrita Phono stage(Mullard GZ34/GZ32, PhilipsECG 7025, SIEMENS triple mica 5751, Tungsol 5687)

This combination of tubes gives the best sound to my ears in my set up.

The Source is a Linn lp12/Ittok/Soundsmith rebuilt Asak/Fidelity Research FRT4 SUT.
Loudspeakers are Altec horns/Tannoy 15 inch Monitor Golds

Interconnects and speaker cables are are also Lyrita.

Regards
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,
I can see you have done quite a bit of tube rolling. what differences did you notice when you changed the stock 5687 with Tungsol 5687. I have 1 5687 in my phono pre amp and 2 of them in my 6c33c amp. I am thinking of changing three of them to Tungsol to see the change. Btw did you try any other brands than Tungsol?
Thanks.

Hi Rajiv,
I can see you have done quite a bit of tube rolling. what differences did you notice when you changed the stock 5687 with Tungsol 5687. I have 1 5687 in my phono pre amp and 2 of them in my 6c33c amp. I am thinking of changing three of them to Tungsol to see the change. Btw did you try any other brands than Tungsol?
Thanks.

Hi Mahiruha,

The 5687 tubes Viren supplies with his amps are NOS Tungsol .

They are not labled Tungsol,in fact some are labled Mullard.This is creative faking by tube sellers as Mullard never made any 5687 tubes.

The Tung Sol tube was rebranded by many different companies. You see IBM/ CEI/ Westinghouse/ Standard/ Motorola/ National etc.... along with the tube being rebranded and sold by the other well known tube companies like RCA and GE.

The Tung Sol D top getter 5687 was in production from about 1952 up through the early 1960's. The Tung Sol O top getter 5687 looks identical except for the getter.

I have compared the internal structure and production codes on the 5687 Viren has supplied me with pictures/information available on the net and I am reasonably certain that the tubes are Tungsol 5687.

These tubes are very good and a significant upgrade is to use the Bendix 6900 tube which is an equivalent.,but cost around $300 each if you can find them.

Regards
Rajiv

Hi Mahiruha,

The 5687 tubes Viren supplies with his amps are NOS Tungsol .

They are not labled Tungsol,in fact some are labled Mullard.This is creative faking by tube sellers as Mullard never made any 5687 tubes.

The Tung Sol tube was rebranded by many different companies. You see IBM/ CEI/ Westinghouse/ Standard/ Motorola/ National etc.... along with the tube being rebranded and sold by the other well known tube companies like RCA and GE.

The Tung Sol D top getter 5687 was in production from about 1952 up through the early 1960's. The Tung Sol O top getter 5687 looks identical except for the getter.

I have compared the internal structure and production codes on the 5687 Viren has supplied me with pictures/information available on the net and I am reasonably certain that the tubes are Tungsol 5687.

These tubes are very good and a significant upgrade is to use the Bendix 6900 tube which is an equivalent.,but cost around $300 each if you can find them.

Regards
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,
thanks for the info. It is true that lot of rebranding is done specially with the NOS tubes. It is better to concentrate on replacing the 5751 tubes with the ecc83s. I am yet to finalize on the brand. Telefunken. mullard are in the list. What are the tubes you have tried in place of 5751 and what was your impression. Did you try and changing any other tube in the pre amp like the 5Z4g. Also I chekcked some tubes at
Stock List
It seems they have many varieties of ecc83s and there is a term microphonics associated with them. Do you have any idea what it means actually. I mean to say do I need to pick the tube to be used in my phono pre amp which matches my cartridge characteristics?
Thanks.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back