Lyrita Owner's thread

I was lost and bewildered but I'm glad to be back home! No matter under what circumstances you leave it, music does not cease to be less music, unless it's on SET. No matter how you lived there-well or poorly.

--
helium
Asus Xonar STX + Lyrita Audio SET 6C33C + Vintage Acoustic Research AR2ax + Lyrita cables = Nirvana

Last edited:
Sir, little hard to describe emotions which only SET can exhibit. No matter how hard a man drapes himself with a saree, he will still not classify as a woman. SET and SS are 2 worlds apart. You may visit me for a listening session as your in Delhi.

--
Helium
Asus Xonar STX + Bottlehead Foreplay III + Lyrita Audio SET 6C33C + Vintage Acoustic Research AR2ax + Lyrita cables = Nirvana

Attachments

• Set1.jpg
    Set1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 304
  • Set2.jpg
    Set2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
just trying to get a handle on the english.

'No matter under what circumstances you leave it, music does not cease to be less music, unless it's on SET'

I had an opportunity to listen to Heliumflight's all new setup. Its astonishing to know that he found a pair of vintage Acoustic Research speakers in excellent condition within a week of posting in the wanted section. What added to this is he ending up with Lyrita SET based on 63CC3 tube amp. Fatigue free easy listening. The SET/Acoustic suspension speakers combo is mellow yet snappy. Coming from my experience with EL84, the vocals were rich while the whack of the stick on drums were quite prominent with slightly bloated bass. While the whole presentation was nicely spread cross the room there was a slight loss detailing. This could be attributed to source as well.

What works best is it transforms Heliumflight to another space - nirvana.

Regards

I recently bought a custom made 2A3 DHT amp with Hashimoto output transformers and drivers being RCA 45s. The preamp is a DHT preamp with 4P1L tubes. Sounds wonderful. Thanks to Viren ji for a great build.

I recently bought a custom made 2A3 DHT amp with Hashimoto output transformers and drivers being RCA 45s. The preamp is a DHT preamp with 4P1L tubes. Sounds wonderful. Thanks to Viren ji for a great build.

Me too received 2A3 DHT amplifier from Sri.Viren last week and tried various combination of 45/2a3, 2a3/45, 45/45 along with my DHT Pre and it sounds wonderful. Very good timber and body over the music produced.....

Anyone wanting to listen to Lyrita setup in Bangalore are welcome to my place. I have Lyrita's back loaded horn bookshelf speakers and a basic push pull amp Viren Sir built for me considering the budget i had. For a seasoned ear it will fall short of expectations due to the push pull amp but for a novice it sure will ignite emotions. Adding a decent pic of the setup

Attachments

• Lyrita Setup.jpg
    Lyrita Setup.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 119
I too use the Lyrita DHT Pre and 2A3 power amps, for the simple reason that anything better would be many times the price. The fact that my speakers are hugely efficient helps. I need just 1 Watt of power, while the SET amp gives me 3 Watts. So no big reason to upgrade. And, what would I upgrade to, from a 2A3 SET amp? Only a better 2A3/300B SET amp :)

Last edited:
Hello,
I understand that this group belongs to dedicated Lyrita audio owners. I have one question. I did listen to the SET 2A3 separates at Mr. Bakshi's house and loved it. Though I very firmly believe in separates, how different would an integrated design sound from separates. or is it going to be just a placebo effect?
thanks
Varun

Hello,
I understand that this group belongs to dedicated Lyrita audio owners. I have one question. I did listen to the SET 2A3 separates at Mr. Bakshi's house and loved it. Though I very firmly believe in separates, how different would an integrated design sound from separates. or is it going to be just a placebo effect?
thanks
Varun

The difference lies in the micro dynamics. Only a back to back comparison can one hear the subtle difference.

Got my custom junior 2A3 amp. Got lost somewhere, but now romance is back in my life!

HiFi Rig: Cambridge Audio Cxn > Lyrita Audio Set 2A3 > Pioneer CS-905 / Piega Classic 3.0

not new exactly, thought i'd add my membership to this club.. bought the Lyrita 2a3 and dht pre from forum member naturelover, who instead i think got it from satyaki. its the modded version which is documented in satyaki's thread on his diy speakers.

speakers Rethm Saadhana which i bought from a forum member, speakers were replaced to newest lowther speakers as one of the speaker was dead on arrival. was a huge investment to get the new speakers considering the speaker cost and 42% customs. neverthless, i am happy, as now i effectively have the rethms in its full glory. the newer lowthers too have some modification.

overall, the lyritas and rethms pair well, considering the rethms have a active sub section. its fun to switch off the the sub for some genres to get the true single driver vibe...especially true for acoustic jazz, horns and piano...

Lyrita does pair well with the rethms..its bass sections compliments the entire spectrum and in that i can see lyrita is feeding super smooth signals. no fatigue...can listen for hours..i can listen to all genres from mogwai to tame impala to miles to st vincent to beck to grizzly bear to anything under the sun. metal may not sound the best, but still, its fun,

overall a happy customer of lyrita.

2A3 amps require 2.5k output transformers and 45 mates with 5k output transformers as I have been told by a master crafter......
Hi,

If there is one thing that I have learnt after all these years, is that when it comes to audio nothing is written in stone. Many find that using a 5K OPT with the 2A3 tubes gives better sound in their system. It all depends on the circuit, implementation and system configuration.

The late Don Garber of FI used 5K OPT's with 2A3 amps, as do others. The acclaimed JE Labs 2A3/45 also use a 5K OPT.

From the JE Labs website.

"Primary Z of OPT - some people have expressed concern on the use of 5K load for a 2A3 which only requires 2.5K according to the tube manual. Well folks, as stated the operating point for this amp is for a type 45 and since this is not the most linear region for a 2A3 a higher impedance load reduces distortion and improves damping factor in the low frequencies. I've measured 2.5W output from this circuit with 2A3s inserted, it sounds more dynamic and punchy lacking only the purity and refinement of a type 45. "

Regards
Rajiv

2A3 amps require 2.5k output transformers and 45 mates with 5k output transformers as I have been told by a master crafter......

This is a good read from George Anderson's site 'tubelab.com', on the subject of OPTs - 2.5 vs. 5K. The SSE page is good reading too. He prefers 5K for better damping of the speaker and lower distortion, at the cost of lower output.

http://tubelab.com/designs/tubelab-se/applications/

http://tubelab.com/designs/tubelab-sse/applications/

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back