Lyrita Owner's thread

Hi,

I have following this thread with glowing praise for the sound of LYRITA, 2A3 tube amplifier,has anyone compared the sound with anplifiers like yamamoto or any similar amp,i would be certainly willing to hear the comparison.thanks

Recently Kishore, Jaibir on the forum let go the Retham pre-power amp for the Lyrita 2A3. You may PM him to know more.

Hi Heliumflight/Mekr

Rethm and Lyrita are very different sounding amps. I own one and have listened to the other. Lyrita is a typical tube sounding amp which is very nice and pleasing. Rethm is a very modern sounding tube amp. The Yamamoto is a lot like the Rethm amp.

Few changes in my 2A3 amp, new input tubes 6n1p and driver t6n6p.

helium
Cambridge Audio Azur 640c V2.0 -> SB Classic + Lyrita SET 2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW-175 -> Lyrita IC + Cables => 'Nirvana'

I've got Virenji's new EL84 push pull amp.
The sound I would like to desribe is, it has drive to push the bottom end and with tons of sparkle and chime in the highs. The tonality is very natural and overall it presents a vertical presentation of entire musical frequency spectrum.

--
helium
HiFi I - CA 640c V2 + Sansui AU-317 + Vintage B&W DM4 + Pure Silver cables
HiFi II - SB Classic + Lyrita EL84 + Akai SW-175 + Lyrita's IC & Speaker cables
HiFi III - Marantz PM6100SA & SM6100SA + Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary LE

Last edited:
Helium,

I thought that Virenji has stopped making EL34/84 amps for now. IS your amp an integrated one? Kindly share more details of the amp/watts - thanks.

Yes Denom, Vienji now concentrates more on SET's. He makes push pull on made to order basis.

This what I could get from his website- Tube Amplifiers

The Integre Two is a tube stereo integrated amplifier with a pushpull output stage. This amplifier provides a good introduction to tube sound.
The overall design is simple and direct, with innovative circuitry. The input is a differential stage acting as a voltage amplifier and phase splitter. This is RC coupled to the tube output stage. The output stage is push-pull in pentode mode. The output stage uses a custom designed audio output transformer. Minimal feedback is used. All wiring is point to point.

Fixed bias is used for the output tubes. No user adjustment is required.

The power supply has an oversized EI-core transformer, to provide good regulation for the supply voltages. Tube rectification is used. Each stage of the high voltage supply is independently filtered through chokes. Separate transformers are used for the tube heaters.

The Integre Two is housed in a naturally finished solid sheesham cabinet. The design elegantly showcases the beauty of the tubes.

Specifications

Input Tubes: 6N2P (2 nos)
Output Tubes: EL84 - BEL NOS (4 nos)
Rectifier Tube: GZ34 - BEL NOS (1 nos)

Power Output Frequency Response Distortion(THD) Mains Power
10 watts into 8 ohms 40Hz to 20kHz < 1% 230V/50Hz,250W(max)

Bought a Lyrita Lync preamp from a friend recently. Currently using it as a headphone amp until I get myself a decent power amp and a TT

qOdk2.jpg

Stevieboy, though I liked the 2A3's a lot more but could not afford the prohibitive cost of a high sensitive Tannoy/ Altec speakers. Single driver's are not to my satisfaction.

I'm sure they do bring a feeling of nostalgia to you. Could you guide me what are my options of replacing tubes? How much difference to they offer with the present ones? Found some information on different EL84 tubes and their corresponding sound signatures on www.thetubestore.com - EL84 Tube Review

Preferred Series 7189 (premium EL84)
Gold Lion EL84
Mullard EL84
Electro Harmonix EL84
Sovtek EL84
TAD EL84-STR
Telam and Polam EL84
JJ EL84
JJ EL844 (low power EL84 version)

The review says that "I would take these over MOST NOS tubes any day of the week. If you figure in the extra cost of NOS, these are actually a better value. IF you can get Philips, Telefunken, or British Mullard then go for it. If not, try a set of the Gold Lion EL84's"

Hi Heliumflight,

The stock BEL 84s are quite good! If I were you I'd do some more reading from independent sources. The tube store might be biased since they sell new production tubes hence the 'reviews'. Getting mullard gz34 rectifier will also benefit quite a bit! Personally I've had very good experiences with the NOS tubes in my stash but then they're 12ax7s. The Mullard el84s are a bit expensive since you need a quad and not just a pair.

Regards

Hi Heliumflight,

The stock BEL 84s are quite good! If I were you I'd do some more reading from independent sources. The tube store might be biased since they sell new production tubes hence the 'reviews'. Getting mullard gz34 rectifier will also benefit quite a bit! Personally I've had very good experiences with the NOS tubes in my stash but then they're 12ax7s. The Mullard el84s are a bit expensive since you need a quad and not just a pair.

Regards

Stevie can you direct me to an ebay link for Mullard gz34 rectifier and Mullard el84s NOS?

Helium,

I haven't bought tubes for a while so don't know current prices. Just go to ebay US and ebay UK and search for Mullard GZ34 look at all the listings and see the average buy it now price. This will give you an idea of what they are going for. You'd have to follow a few auctions till the end to see at what price auctions end then target an auction and put your bid or select a buy it now listing. If you buy from a 100% seller you're more sure of getting good stuff or it lands up DOA the seller will take it back if returns are mentioned in the listing. I'll see if I find something...

Regards

Bought a Lyrita Lync preamp from a friend recently. Currently using it as a headphone amp until I get myself a decent power amp and a TT

qOdk2.jpg

Thanks for sharing pics Sunnyboi. I'm sure you also are quite delighted by the sound quality of Lyrita and it's value for moneyr proposition.

Are there more Lyrita owners here? Please share your happiness with others..:licklips:

Helium,

I haven't bought tubes for a while so don't know current prices. Just go to ebay US and ebay UK and search for Mullard GZ34 look at all the listings and see the average buy it now price. This will give you an idea of what they are going for. You'd have to follow a few auctions till the end to see at what price auctions end then target an auction and put your bid or select a buy it now listing. If you buy from a 100% seller you're more sure of getting good stuff or it lands up DOA the seller will take it back if returns are mentioned in the listing. I'll see if I find something...

Regards

Kool Steve:). I got a mail from tube store that they don't offer NOS tubes.

Some more close pics of my EL84, 10 watts of pure bliss. Spreading the goodness:)

--
helium
SB Classic + CA Dac Magic + Lyrita EL84 + Vintage B&W DM4 / Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary LE + Lyrita's IC & Speaker cables

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back