lyrita phono

Many like M97xE at 62K loading. Remember that higher impedance loading = brighter and livelier sound. But make sure that your capacitive loading is also within the recommended 200-300 pF ball park.

jmascreen : Whatever you audition , do it carefully . Most cartridges we get now seem to work best with a capacitance loading of about 100 to 250pF specified by the manufacturer.
In your system you have the connector capacitance, interconnect capacitance and the inherent capacitance of the phono preamp input ( excluding any added capacitance there ) plus tone arm internal cable capacitance . This can be quite high ! This could be 5pF+120pF+60pF+20pF = 205pF already ! With opamp based preamps this would be lower.
If you have too much capacitance you can loose HF. So your interconnect better be a very low capacitance type ....or very short ! Typically the average coaxial cable is about 120pF per meter , RG58 is about 100pF per meter and RG59 is about 68 pF per meter.
Belden 1694 ( available with Blue Jeans) is about 50pF per meter .
The aim should always be to have as low a ( inherent) system capacitance as possible then add externally to get what you want. Sometimes it might even mean removing or changing any pre installed capacitor at the input of the preamp!

Thanks, I have amazon Basic Interconnect from TT to CNC Phono and from CNC to Pre is Normal Blue ridge Interconnect. So any idea how much it could be?

Thanks, I have amazon Basic Interconnect from TT to CNC Phono and from CNC to Pre is Normal Blue ridge Interconnect. So any idea how much it could be?
For amazonbasics cable I used 82pF on CNC board for loading. It given capacitance total 250-260pF. Along with 47K it sounded balanced with M97xe.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back