M Audio -any user?

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Hi
Anyone here used M Audio active monitors here at home?
Especially I M referring this model

M-Audio Studiophile BX 8D-2, 130W Deluxe Active Studio Monitors

M-Audio Studiophile BX8a 130W Deluxe Active Studio Monitors130-watt Bi-amplified

or this

http://www.amazon.com/Avid-9900-651...id=1342959128&sr=8-1&keywords=M-Audio+BX+8D-2

My budget is limited and this is an affordable studio monitor for less than 25 K

If I can stretch I may go for yamaha
Yamaha HS80M Powered Studio Monitor

HS80M - HS Series - Yamaha - India

i know it should be better .. but how good?

also any model upto 22-25 k - Powered with 8 inch woofer ( want slightly bass heavy sound)

OR ANY OTHE SUGGESTIONS

about why M audio Studiophile BX 8D-2

Per speakers 2 drivers both powered by separate amp , which some logic must be put by M-Audio ( Avid) engineers

so in stereo pair I 'll have 4 drivers powered by 4 amps --VERY CRUDE LOGIC -but my limited experience with studio monitors is good..

So EXPERTS PLEASE HELP

Juz my suggestion. Check out the Sonodyne Studio Monitor Series. There are some good reviews about their studio monitor series SM 100AK on their facebook page. Somewhere i recollect that their price is around 25K. But not sure though. try it....

Juz my suggestion. Check out the Sonodyne Studio Monitor Series. There are some good reviews about their studio monitor series SM 100AK on their facebook page. Somewhere i recollect that their price is around 25K. But not sure though. try it....

Thanks checked -out of my budget

That was per piece price

I got Foll quote

SM 50 Aki
2 way nearfield *LF 5.25''* HF 26mm *70 Hz ~ 22 kHz (+/- 2 dB)
SM 100 Aki
2 way nearfield *LF 6.5" * HF 26mm *60 Hz ~ 22 kHz (+/- 2 dB)
SM 200 Aki
2 way Midfield *LF 8'' * HF 26mm *40 Hz ~ 22 kHz (+/- 2 dB)

Prices are per unit and include all taxes.

almost 75 k for 8 incher - know these are too good --I do not have dope!!:sad::sad:

M Audio is at the lower end of the budget in powered studio monitors. And therefore have performance to match the asking price. Entry level Yamahas will be better (like MSP 5). Or if you can find used entry level Dynaudio like BM5A. Or entry level Genelecs. That was in ascending order of cost (and performance) as per my understanding.

But why do you suddenly decide on going active?

For what its worth, I have seen a number of M Audios finding usage in (cheaper) Final Cut Pro post production studios where the the audio takes a back seat to the video.

Doesnt Thad have a pair of active M audio speakers?
Bottom of the range!

Well, almost. I have the AV40s, which I don't feel qualifies me to comment on the more expensive models. I'd say it is good value for money as an entry level powered monitor. If I was shopping with a bigger budget, I'd go for Genelec, even the smallest ones, and even without a subwoofer. The Genelec engineers say that you get the same sound whichever model you buy, from teeny-weeny to huge, but the smaller ones have less volume, and do not go so low without the matching subwoofer.

When I bought my AV40s, I fell for a pair of KRKs, playing in the shop. Super, lovely clean sound; beyond my budget.

BTW, ISTR that Avid just sold a number of its brandsm including M-Audio, to concentrate exclusively on the pro market.

Hi all,

I think Airmotiv from emotivapro is also another brand that needs consideration.

N.Murali

Have owned couple of M-Audio studio monitors. My general observation is that they highs are quite harsh and mids are lacking.

They are just about ok for home project studios though as they do allow resonable good mixes, which is what the are meant for!

How have you been, Hemant, my dear friend?
Its been a looooong time . . . .

The Sonodyne monitors are stupendous but then don't consider the SM-200AK and above for home (or even small studio) use, even if you have the dough. Presently, you ought to choose between the Sonodyne SM50AK and this one.
(Audition it and see if it fits your need)

Buy Online | Lowest Price | Free Shipping| KRK Rokit Powered 5 Generation 2 Powered Studio Monitor (Pair) - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipme

Regards

Last edited:
you can also look at Behringer Truths which are in the same price range, but sound different (wont say better!).

or go for second hand gear......

you gotta read reviews online to compare monitors like Truths, M-Audio, Samson etc. to make your pick....

Have heard Yamaha MSP5 and they were quite good in overall sound but not so good in lower frequency extension .

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back