Mackie HR824

Amsterdam

I want to hookup a turntable and CD player with volume and switching to a pair of active Mackie speakers.
What is the simplest way to do this.
Thank You

You need a pre-amp!

By the way, your thread title made me think it would be about the speakers. That may mean your actual question doesn't get answered.

Hey, tell us about those speakers, anyway :)

I want to hookup a turntable and CD player with volume and switching to a pair of active Mackie speakers.
What is the simplest way to do this.
Thank You

Hi, which cd player and turntable do you have ? Are you a DJ ?

CD and turntable have built in volume control ? More details about your setup will help us to guide you better.

Assuming it is a regular CDP and turntable you can use either a mixer or a monitor controller with/without phono preamps depending on your case (You aware turnables need phono preamp). Then, the best option for your need is Mackie - Big Knob, it is also from MACKIE :eek:hyeah:. Search for monitor controllers and mixers with or without phono preamp which ever is applicable to your case and budget. There are lot of super expensive to cheap ones.

Tell us more about the CDP and turntable.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Then, the best option for your need is Mackie - Big Knob

Brilliant choice. Several switchable inputs and a choice of outputs too. Being pro kit, balanced in/out/levels is catered for too.

I did, recently, obtain a pre-amp to perform this function, although the PC is my main source. Before that I was using a small 4-channel mixer, which will probably get used again if I ever do any more recording.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back