MadVR Envy

:). I can understand, I have spent a similar amount on my work system. It’s not easy to spend that on a stand alone processor. I doubt I will ever buy one.
MadVR Envy is very costly one .
Alternatively u can build an HTPC to configure MadVR in that . This will be cheaper comparatively. Only downside is u can only play ripped files through HTPC.

I believe there are a few Envy clones available in the market that mimic the Envy (in the sense that they likely bundle and integrate videoprocessor, hdcp stripping using a splitter and a pc with a solid RTX card). I haven't been able to find one yet.

I have been using the HTPC version of madvr for years now for my HT and it works great. I still am on v113 to avoid the update nag. I have been meaning to get a blackmagic capture card and setup my own video processor, but not sure when I will get around to it.

So I’m building a video processor pc to see if I can get by not buying a lumagen/mad VR envy.

Waiting for the capture card to arrive. Had a bunch of parts lying around so this seems like a good project to undertake. I’ve used madVR for local content but having everything run through a video processor is very tantalising.

I will create a separate thread once I’ve made some headway with the project.

Right now, the parts look like this:

Intel i5 12400F
ASUS Prime b660 D4
2 x 8GB Teamforce Nighthawk 3600 MHz DdR 4 RAM
Nvidia RTX 3080ti FE
Running no RGB - air cooled
Using the ASUS prime AP201 cabinet.

Attachments

• 133B5245-074B-4CD7-8EC0-16FD387C24CC.jpeg
    133B5245-074B-4CD7-8EC0-16FD387C24CC.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 20
So I’m building a video processor pc to see if I can get by not buying a lumagen/mad VR envy.

Waiting for the capture card to arrive. Had a bunch of parts lying around so this seems like a good project to undertake. I’ve used madVR for local content but having everything run through a video processor is very tantalising.

I will create a separate thread once I’ve made some headway with the project.

Right now, the parts look like this:

Intel i5 12400F
ASUS Prime b660 D4
2 x 8GB Teamforce Nighthawk 3600 MHz DdR 4 RAM
Nvidia RTX 3080ti FE
Running no RGB - air cooled
Using the ASUS prime AP201 cabinet.
Hi,

Did you completed the HTPC video processor with Madvr?

I saw this video in YouTube interesting.. if this works it will save huge cost

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back