Magnepan 1.7i - Wish we had something like this in India

A classic case is HT Store.in. No offence. They have copied and pasted the exact contents of the US web site regarding the SVS Subwoofers including the 45 day no questions asked home trial - I was informed that it is only for the US of A........:mad:

The Indian market for Hi-fi gear is still very nascent. It will take time for us to grow discerning as this involves purchasing power. In the speaker segment not many desi brands that will give quality and sound good at an affordable price point. So we depend on imports that jack up the prices.

Most people are happy with a HTIB package to go with the TV purchase. Are they to blame for the low sales of "hi-fi" gear? Absolutely not. If manufacturers decide to come to India and sell low to mid priced gear at affordable prices there are volumes to be reaped. It just takes a lot of marketing and hi-fi companies don't see India as a serious market yet.

How else would one justify the answer to this question.
What is the best sounding speaker system you have heard?
Majority of the people I know at work and otherwise have replied "Bose"
No offense to Bose but that's some serious marketing and branding.

Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back