Making the Odyssey Epiphony comfortable - Suggestions Invited

@stevie - hmmm, rolled up mattress, my understanding is that you need dense material for a 'wide band' absorber that will also deal with low frequencies, i am wondering if it'll work for my room. Will see if I can jury-rig something and try it out. Thanks!

@moktan - thanks for the formulae.....the problem with RW X .447 for me is that that's half the length of the sidewalls as well (which are the same length as the RW). So right now I am managing with about a foot from the rear of the speaker to the wall. I'll try an experiment by which I will give them another 1/2 - 3/4 of a foot and see how that sounds.

Operation thick drapes will also have to be implemented soon, whenever I get the time.

hi psychotropic...i just remembered where i got that 'formula' from..its from the George Cardas site where he is making suggestions for speaker placements in rectangular rooms...assuming that a square too is a rectangle maybe it would work for you too..to quote from the site... 'When you use this method to set your room up, the speakers are
placed so the three nodes progress or differ from one another in
Golden Ratio. This eliminates any unison or near unison resonance
in the nodes....'
you could get more (maths, diagrams etc) here www.cardas.com/pdf/roomsetup.pdf

well just checked and found suggestions for speaker placements in square rooms here..
http://www.cardas.com/content.php?area=insights&content_id=33&pagestring=Room+Setup+8
and here http://www.cardas.com/content.php?area=insights&content_id=32&pagestring=Room+Setup+7...

Last edited:
@stevie - hmmm, rolled up mattress, my understanding is that you need dense material for a 'wide band' absorber that will also deal with low frequencies, i am wondering if it'll work for my room. Will see if I can jury-rig something and try it out. Thanks!

@moktan - thanks for the formulae.....the problem with RW X .447 for me is that that's half the length of the sidewalls as well (which are the same length as the RW). So right now I am managing with about a foot from the rear of the speaker to the wall. I'll try an experiment by which I will give them another 1/2 - 3/4 of a foot and see how that sounds.

Operation thick drapes will also have to be implemented soon, whenever I get the time.

in the years gone by - there lived a king -

he had a wise minister -

the king felt that walking barefoot was the pits -

and ordered the minister to line the roads of the kingdom with leather -

the minister (loyal ch$$th) - asked the king to cover his feet with leather -

and that would save a whole lot of money for the kingdom.

in that vein - here is a solution -

dsc09542n.jpg

By witchesofsound at 2010-07-28

:eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :lol: :D you are indeed hilarious suri :) and excellent advice. the quickest fix solution psychotropic can implement.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back