Marantz 4300 Stereo and Quadradial Receiver

COOLDUDE7808

Hi ,

I have a Marantz 4300 Stereo and Quadradial Receiver purchased from a forum member 5 yrs back . Did not use it . If I recollect correctly - There was a popping sound coming from one of the speakers and he had mentioned that the capacitors will have to be cleaned or replaced

Need somebody who is staying in Mumbai to have a look at it and service it .

Can forum members guide me to the right person who can do this . I am willing to pay .

Marantz 4300 - Manual - Stereo and Quadradial Receiver - HiFi Engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMouNJ6hCFU

Its a Monster, If you restore them with a nice Technician. They would spread the Bliss of Music.

All the best and please share some pictures as well

To my eyes those vintage marantz 22xx, 23xx stereo and 4xxx quad receivers are the best looking audio devices ever made!
..and they sound superlative!

There are long discussions about vintage Marantz vs vintage McIntosh.. I'd choose a vintage Marantz over a vintage McIntosh any day!

The Marantz are difficult to work on. Hope you can get yours sorted out and in action soon.

The pots and contacts should be cleaned - any scratchy noises while working the controls/switches or during play time may be eliminated by doing this.
Leaking or failing capacitors will need replacement. It is a good idea to get the receiver thoroughly checked and calibrated by an experienced technician.

In the meanwhile, do post some pictures for everyone to enjoy..

Cheers!

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back