marantz a/v receivers

Hi Venkat;

Thanks for the prompt response. Am hoping to get them in the next ten days or so. Shall keep you posted then. Thanks again.

Hi Ajinkya:

Yes, Quad and Marantz should make an awesome combination. Keeping my fingers crossed for the electronics!!!

An update on the Marantz and Quads:

Got my SR8002 and SA15S1 CD Player nearly a week back but could hook it up only couple of days ago. Presently have only Quad 12L2 Fronts, have to keep something for future add-ons!!!

Audio quality is superb especially in Source/Pure Direct and since the entire system is new, speakers running-in period is still on. Video quality is pretty good with regular DVDs' but am unable to judge the HD part as I have only a 29" CRT. That's another upgrade pending!!

Many thanks Venkat because your comment was the final straw that made me finally select SR8002 instead of a dedicated stereo amp. and A/V amp.- killing two birds...

Ajinkya, now I have no hesitation in recommending Marantz and Quad combination for a laid back musical treat, but perhaps not the ear shattering type.

Hi

I have selected following combination can any one comment?

1.Marantz SR 6001 A/V receiver with Klipsch RF 62 speakers.

Can any one tell me where can I get in Idia in grey market with name and telephone number of shop or person.

Thanks

Hi ABM :

For Marantz you can contact Irfan of Soundout, Heera Panna on Tel. No:022-23514625/23525889. Pro Fx are the dealers for Klipsch and doubt it would be available in the Grey market.

An update on the Marantz and Quads:

Got my SR8002 and SA15S1 CD Player nearly a week back but could hook it up only couple of days ago. Presently have only Quad 12L2 Fronts, have to keep something for future add-ons!!!

Audio quality is superb especially in Source/Pure Direct and since the entire system is new, speakers running-in period is still on. Video quality is pretty good with regular DVDs' but am unable to judge the HD part as I have only a 29" CRT. That's another upgrade pending!!

Congratulations Arun! Enjoy your system and please keep us updated on the movies you see and the music you listen to. Also keep us updated om any upgrades you do to the system.

Cheers

Hi ABM :

For Marantz you can contact Irfan of Soundout, Heera Panna on Tel. No:022-23514625/23525889. Pro Fx are the dealers for Klipsch and doubt it would be available in the Grey market.

Arun, if I might ask -- did you get your Marantz equipment from Sound Out? How was their service and pricing? Thanks.

Thanks Venkat. Certainly will keep posting updates.

No Particleman, purchased it officially, though had auditioned other Marantz and Denons at Soundout. Previously had got lot of equipment including Pioneer DVD players, HT, car stereos etc. from Irfan. Good guy always willing to help and also takes care of the servicing part. P.M me for other details.

Regarding speakers, the safest bet may be to go in for the Wharfedale Diamond 9 series. Sreekanth (Soundsgreat) and I both feel this is good. The combination should be

2 x 9.5 (25K)
2 x DFS for surround (14K)
2 x 9.1 for rear (8K)
1 x 9CS for center (12K)

Hi Venkat,

Can we get the Diamond 9 Series at the above mentioned prices in or around Delhi or Online????

Hi Venkat,

Can we get the Diamond 9 Series at the above mentioned prices in or around Delhi or Online????

Rocky, the Wharfedale prices should be the same across the country. Please check with a dealer in Delhi and let me know. Another thing you can do is to call Designer Audio in Mumbai directly and ask for a good price. One of the Forum members here (from Kochi), ordered for a Wharfedale 9.6 pair with Pro Musicals in Chennai, and got it delivered to his house in Kochi.

There are various ways available. Most dealers will also bargain.

Cheers

i think 9.5 is good musical rather than 9.6. 9.6 is more toller and with deep bass its good for moive

Abhijit - any specific pointers as to why you find the 9.5 more musical than the 9.6? I have listened to the 9.5 and plan on listening to the 9.6's. But it would be nice to have your thoughts based on experience.

hi sid,

you have denon 2309, how would you rate among denon 1909 and onkyo 606 or 706. Could you tell me if possible. :)

Which is more musical and decent movie avr.

Last edited:
IMHO, if one is considering an AVR, I would take it by default that he/she is looking for an HT as the primary need. Alternatively, if HiFi is ones priority, I would suggest them to go for the best CDP/AMP/SPKR combo they can afford. Later, just add the receiver of your choice and use the Pre-outs to add the Amp to the proposed HT!

Hey unleash_me & other senior audiophiles,please help me:

If I buy a stereo amp+2 speaker setup & plan to add the AVR later,how can I do it?Can you please explain such a setup considering I have a tata sky/DVD player/ipod/worldspace/laptop as A/V sources.

Also just a quest to all :

The sound quality as I understand will surely depend on the source.So if we are playing MP3 CD's using a good CD player,will the CD player+amp add extra zing ( quality ) to the music or it is true with original audio CD's only?

Please help to understand this newbie all these things.Please

Also just a quest to all :

The sound quality as I understand will surely depend on the source.So if we are playing MP3 CD's using a good CD player,will the CD player+amp add extra zing ( quality ) to the music or it is true with original audio CD's only?

Please help to understand this newbie all these things.Please

An important thing about sound - all things being equal, you will face one problem with good equipment - it follows a simple " shit in - shit out" principle (just a metaphor..sorry for my French!). Bad recordings will be unbearable. Where as bad equipment can do that to your good recordings as well!

While most people serious about their music would NEVER use MP3's (purists will ONLY use Vinyls) , you should not have an issue with it if you have recorded at 256kbps or higher. Some of the latest amps come with various 'enhancers' to 'improve' compressed recordings - with arguable results!

Last edited:
Thanks.

I do understand that:)MP3s are not audiophile stuff,but poor me can't afford all CD's,although I use only 320/256 kbps MP3:)

I'm planning to use a Marantz SR301 as my amp,but will only stereo setup ( may be 2.1 later but that's it,no 5.1).Please suggest.

Thanks

I'm planning to use a Marantz SR301 as my amp,but will only stereo setup ( may be 2.1 later but that's it,no 5.1 ever).Please suggest.

Thanks

Please audiophiles help me.

Reason I'm looking into Marantz SR301 as my amp instead of CA 340ASE are :

1.I need to connect a sub as I love bass and do watch good amount of action/war movies.
2.I'm very limited on budget,so the first pure stereo amp with a sub/pre out is 540A V2 ( I think so,please suggest if any other option) which costs 18k ( my budget is 12-14K max fr the amp )

Suggest please.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back