Marantz -getting service from authorized channel

vkhandelwal

For those who are looking to buy receivers or products from marantz.. I thought i should share my experience dealing with dealer and service center which i would say is very poor.
I had purchased a marantz 5006 receiver from Bass and Treble Gurgaon. After some time time it stopped working . I contacted the dealer and he adviced me to send that to mumbai service venter of MZ distribution who are authorized distributor of marantz in india. After several followups and 60 days of wait i got the receiver back to find that the issue came back after few days. Had spent 5000 for repairs and 2000 for shipping. Then i did not follow up as I was busy with the construction of my new house and was not using the receiver much . Just the amp for music.. After completion of my home and setup of my dedicated music room, I again contacted both dealer bass and treble and mz service center and sent the receiver to mumbai. Have already spent 3600( for shipping 900 . courier company charged as octroi paidwhile i had declared that the piece was old and was being sent for repairs. Have transferred the amount to service center account) now I am back to the followups on email and phone with both dealer and service center. What a pathetic state of customer service!! I had recommended the dealer to many as he was friendly and marantz products as I was a fan of marantz SQ. But considering the service and after sales experience i now seriously doubt if someone should purchase marantz through authorized channels considering such a bad service experience.

For those who are looking to buy receivers or products from marantz.. I thought i should share my experience dealing with dealer and service center which i would say is very poor.
I had purchased a marantz 5006 receiver from Bass and Treble Gurgaon. After some time time it stopped working . I contacted the dealer and he adviced me to send that to mumbai service venter of MZ distribution who are authorized distributor of marantz in india. After several followups and 60 days of wait i got the receiver back to find that the issue came back after few days. Had spent 5000 for repairs and 2000 for shipping. Then i did not follow up as I was busy with the construction of my new house and was not using the receiver much . Just the amp for music.. After completion of my home and setup of my dedicated music room, I again contacted both dealer bass and treble and mz service center and sent the receiver to mumbai. Have already spent 3600( for shipping 900 . courier company charged as octroi paidwhile i had declared that the piece was old and was being sent for repairs. Have transferred the amount to service center account) now I am back to the followups on email and phone with both dealer and service center. What a pathetic state of customer service!! I had recommended the dealer to many as he was friendly and marantz products as I was a fan of marantz SQ. But considering the service and after sales experience i now seriously doubt if someone should purchase marantz through authorized channels considering such a bad service experience.

I also have Marantz 5006 AVR,it was having some display issue. I was contact MZ service center,there response is very bad,so I contact local dealer for same...

Hi

Ashraf is the owner of MZ audio and his profile is there on LinkedIn if you want to give this honest feedback.....there are quite a few who repair Marantz in Mumbai and other parts in India, fortunately I have a few repairers who can resolve any issue should I face one in future...

Heard that Marantz is officially setting up in India next year and I am sure there would be enough after sales service support then...

Hi

Ashraf is the owner of MZ audio and his profile is there on LinkedIn if you want to give this honest feedback.....there are quite a few who repair Marantz in Mumbai and other parts in India, fortunately I have a few repairers who can resolve any issue should I face one in future...

Heard that Marantz is officially setting up in India next year and I am sure there would be enough after sales service support then...

I think ashraf is aware about this. They have not even bothered to reply to the mail which i sent. After several followups they have finally sent the unit back and it is in transit now. I will share if the issue is resolved this time.

If marantz opens their service centre it would be great . Bad after sales experience is ruining their reputation and does not match with some fine products they have

I also have Marantz 5006 AVR,it was having some display issue. I was contact MZ service center,there response is very bad,so I contact local dealer for same...

Many dealers in bangalore are selling Marantz and it is difficult to believe there is no service center/partner for the product.

Marantz has an official service centre in Banglore

M/s Arn System Pvt Ltd,

133,Coronation Royale, 1 Floor,

Promenade Road, Fraser Tower,

Bangalore-560005

Bangalore, Karnataka.

Ms Farida : 09731275633

Ms Asma : 08041289378

Email:

[email protected]

Marantz Official Service centre in Hyderabad

Archana Electronics

Ram Towers, 1-1-151,1,

Alexander Road, Opp.Lane Y.M.C.A.,

Beside Hari Hara Kala Bhavan,

Secunderabad-500003

040-66315836/66315804/27805836

Email:

[email protected]

Marantz Official Service centre in Kolkatta

Sollfege X-perience Centre

26/5A, Ballygunge Circular Road
1st Floor,
Kolkata 700 019

Phone: 033 4060 8000 / 98360 10001

Contact Person: Ms. Sabina Yasmin

Email: [email protected]

Marantz Official Service centre in Delhi

Bass N Treble
# 2, Club Drive,
Ghitorni, New Delhi 30
(Near Ghitorni Metro Station on MG Road)

Landline: 011-26503124
Mobiles: (+91) 9999 016148

M/s Arn System Pvt Ltd,

Bangalore-560005

Bangalore, Karnataka.

Email:

[email protected]

I have been checking out AVRs during last two weeks in Bangalore. Before I started this exercise, Marantz was top in my list based on the reviews I had read. But atleast three dealers recommended not to buy Marantz - as per them they have been seeing issues and said getting them repaired is a big hassle as the AVR needs to be shipped to Mumbai.

One dealer gave little more background on the issues (not sure how true/correct that is though) - he said that Marantz AVRs are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations and earthing and if you have proper earthing and voltage stabilizer etc, then Marantz will work just fine.

Their suggestion was to go with Denon or Yamaha as they are more stable/sturdy.

So I am a bit confused now as my heart still wants Marantz. I wish Marantz does something about their service quickly.

I have been checking out AVRs during last two weeks in Bangalore. Before I started this exercise, Marantz was top in my list based on the reviews I had read. But atleast three dealers recommended not to buy Marantz - as per them they have been seeing issues and said getting them repaired is a big hassle as the AVR needs to be shipped to Mumbai.

One dealer gave little more background on the issues (not sure how true/correct that is though) - he said that Marantz AVRs are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations and earthing and if you have proper earthing and voltage stabilizer etc, then Marantz will work just fine.

Their suggestion was to go with Denon or Yamaha as they are more stable/sturdy.

So I am a bit confused now as my heart still wants Marantz. I wish Marantz does something about their service quickly.

M/s Arn System Pvt Ltd,

Bangalore-560005

Bangalore, Karnataka.

Email:

[email protected]

@HiFiVision - Thanks for the information on the service centers in various cities - esp Bangalore. Wondering why none of the dealers mentioned that.

Will wait to see if anyone comments on the Marantz sensitivity to voltage levels/earthing. I understand that for any equipment, it is good to have a voltage stabilizer / UPS and proper earthing but want to get a gauge on whether that could have been the primary cause for Marantz AVR issues?

I'm looking at buying SR5009 which is a relatively big investment for me.

Have a Marantz AVR which isn't working anymore. Voltage fluctuations in my area is really bad so I guess that's the culprit. Still, really wish I'd gone with something else with better support in Delhi.

Anyone know where can I atleast get it checked out? Don't want to ship it all the way to Mumbai just to find out it's not fixable or will cost too much to repair. Guys at bass n trebel don't seem like they'll do much more than shipping it to Bombay either. Also it's an hour long drive to their office from my place and I only have Sundays off (which is unfortunately their day off too).

Last edited:
Have a Marantz AVR which isn't working anymore. Voltage fluctuations in my area is really bad so I guess that's the culprit. Still, really wish I'd gone with something else with better support in Delhi.

Anyone know where can I atleast get it checked out? Don't want to ship it all the way to Mumbai just to find out it's not fixable or will cost too much to repair. Guys at bass n trebel don't seem like they'll do much more than shipping it to Bombay either. Also it's an hour long drive to their office from my place and I only have Sundays off (which is unfortunately their day off too).

Marantz has just opened a Official Service centre in Delhi. You do not need to ship to Mumbai.

Bass N Treble
# 2, Club Drive,
Ghitorni, New Delhi 30

@HiFiVision - Thanks for the information on the service centers in various cities - esp Bangalore. Wondering why none of the dealers mentioned that.

Will wait to see if anyone comments on the Marantz sensitivity to voltage levels/earthing. I understand that for any equipment, it is good to have a voltage stabilizer / UPS and proper earthing but want to get a gauge on whether that could have been the primary cause for Marantz AVR issues?

I'm looking at buying SR5009 which is a relatively big investment for me.

I would recommend anyone buying audio/video electronics to invest in a power conditioner if possible. In India we not only have wild swings in voltage but also extremes in frequency. Most power distribution companies cannot provide a steady 50Hz. This plays havoc with all AV equipment.

Marantz Official Service centre in Hyderabad

Archana Electronics

Ram Towers, 1-1-151,1,

Alexander Road, Opp.Lane Y.M.C.A.,

Beside Hari Hara Kala Bhavan,

Secunderabad-500003

040-66315836/66315804/27805836

Email:

[email protected]

Marantz Official Service centre in Kolkatta

Sollfege X-perience Centre

26/5A, Ballygunge Circular Road
1st Floor,
Kolkata 700 019

Phone: 033 4060 8000 / 98360 10001

Contact Person: Ms. Sabina Yasmin

Marantz Official Service centre in Delhi

Bass N Treble
# 2, Club Drive,
Ghitorni, New Delhi 30

M/s Arn System Pvt Ltd,

Bangalore-560005

Bangalore, Karnataka.

Email:

[email protected]

Thanks but i doubt if these are service centers.. As bass n treble is listed and is the dealer from which i had purchased the amp for . Denny from bass n treble asked me to send to mumbai and he was part of my several followups. However the good news is that i received the amp and it worked just fine . Calibrated again and all the channels were recognized.. Crossing my finger that it will last longer this time..

I had been to MZ many times. I did meet Ashraf also 2-3 times. He is a good person and cooperative also. The thing is he keeps very busy in managing the things, going to the town area for setups, deliveries etc. His representatives are there who will entertain you. But lacks the detailed knowledge abt the product.
For repairs and maintainance works MZ has a good service setup. But being the only authorized distributor they are heavily loaded with work. You really need to push them up and needs to follow up regularly.
Secondly if you can find out the contact details of the person who is dealing with the repairs directly, it will be easier for one to know exact status of the servicing of the product. The MZ showroom guys are cooperative and they will give the contact details of the person who is actually looking after servicing.
Initially i had problems with communicating them and getting their response etc. But later when i contacted the service person, i came to know wHat the problem was and how much time it required.
About the cost of repairs:- they will let you know after availability of the parts.
Marantz avrs are sensitive to voltage fluctuations. Especially their torroidal transformers.
We need to protect the gear by providing voltage stabilizers. (Not only Marantz but all gears and gadgets.)

I would recommend anyone buying audio/video electronics to invest in a power conditioner if possible. In India we not only have wild swings in voltage but also extremes in frequency. Most power distribution companies cannot provide a steady 50Hz. This plays havoc with all AV equipment.

Hi, can you please recommend some value for money Power Conditioners?
I am based in Mumbai. Would I still need it?

Also can you please let me have the official Marantz service centre in Mumbai?

Thanks!

I had been to MZ many times. I did meet Ashraf also 2-3 times. He is a good person and cooperative also. The thing is he keeps very busy in managing the things, going to the town area for setups, deliveries etc. His representatives are there who will entertain you. But lacks the detailed knowledge abt the product.
For repairs and maintainance works MZ has a good service setup. But being the only authorized distributor they are heavily loaded with work. You really need to push them up and needs to follow up regularly.
Secondly if you can find out the contact details of the person who is dealing with the repairs directly, it will be easier for one to know exact status of the servicing of the product. The MZ showroom guys are cooperative and they will give the contact details of the person who is actually looking after servicing.
Initially i had problems with communicating them and getting their response etc. But later when i contacted the service person, i came to know wHat the problem was and how much time it required.
About the cost of repairs:- they will let you know after availability of the parts.
Marantz avrs are sensitive to voltage fluctuations. Especially their torroidal transformers.
We need to protect the gear by providing voltage stabilizers. (Not only Marantz but all gears and gadgets.)

Thanks
Being heavily loaded is a good thing and should not be an excuse.. If you are doing good in business hire someone to track pending requests and responses to emails..
I was in touch with akbar , who i believe is the person responsible for service station. Had sent a mail to ashraf for which received no response also when i was talking to akbar about buyback options ashraf was on another line. I was not updated that there was unavailability of any part. Infact i am not sure about the problem which was resolved both times..
Have been lucky that none of my gadgets have failed for power issues.. Not sure if that was related to power as they did not tell me about that. But even if it is .. It points to design flaw specially if other brands work well for our region
I was not told that it was related to power

Hi

Could you please care to share some dependable repair shops in Mumbai for AV Receiver. I have an Onkyo one to repair and the authorized service centre is the pits.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back