Marantz NR1609 or Denon X2600

rajivaryan1984

Team,

I am planning to go for Q Acoustics 3020i and 3010i for a HT setup in my small office room which is 10'4"X13'1". Since I am looking for 60% Music and 40% Movies and Gaming, just wanted to check if Marantz NR1609 or Denon X2600 will be the right choice. Kindly share your input.

Regards
Rajiv Kumar

In my opinion for an office the slimline NR would look and perform well. I guess it comes with preouts, so adding a power amp, later on, should not be a problem.

MaSh

If the bigger size is not an issue go for the X2600. I had initially purchased the NR1509 but found it to be underpowered and returned it , purchased the X2600H

Team,

I am planning to go for Q Acoustics 3020i and 3010i for a HT setup in my small office room which is 10'4"X13'1". Since I am looking for 60% Music and 40% Movies and Gaming, just wanted to check if Marantz NR1609 or Denon X2600 will be the right choice. Kindly share your input.

Regards
Rajiv Kumar

Marantz is more edged towards Music and Denon is towards Movies......again depends on how setup is done etc.

The NR series is the base models from Marantz while the Denon 2600 is the next series after the 1xxx (2xxx, 3xxx and 4xxx). We have dedicated threads for both brands and even other brands for first hand experience from our fellow member users.

The NR series has enough juice for the space you have specified and will work well with the speakers you have selected.....if you are not looking for a pure 5.1 or 7.1 setup......you can consider a 2.1 setup and look at the Marantz NR1200.

Other than the above there are many other brands which offer wireless technology like Bose, KEF etc which can be used for small spaces as these have their own amplification in each speaker, all depends on how much you want to spend and what you like...

Audition if possible ....if not see Youtube videos which would give a fair idea and read reviews....

Last edited:
I have both Denon AVR-2113 and Marantz NR1608 with me. Denon x2000 series is powerful than Marantz NR 1600 series. Marantz is musical with little more emphasis on mid to high frequencies and have little soft low end . Denon is little less subtle but have tight and agile bass. But you can gain that low end with addition of seal subwoofer. On bigger room, high volume, less sensitive speakers or FS speakers Marantz will ran out of power where as Denon will comfortably drive them. In that case you need to pair a powerful subwoofer to assist NR series avr. With limited space, small and sensitive speakers at average volume Marantz can comfortably manage to give good movie performance .

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back