Marantz PM 8000 or Nad C352 and Monitor Audio RS 6/8 or Quad 22L Speakers

Here is my 2 paise worth....

MA's have a very unique sound signature. They are very powerful at the bottom end and delivery excellent output. The mids and highs are decent but not great. This is the reason many people either like them a lot or dislike them for the same reasons.

Having said that, RS6 just about set the stage as a reference model for MA. While RS8 was more expensive, its sound was very similar to the RS6. The RX series are comparitively not that great esp. for the price differential. Again they are compared to RS6 if you speak to the audio folks or check some quality reviews. So what does all this mean? If you have auditioned the MA and liked it, then RS6 may be worth getting esp. since its already been replaced by newer models.
If you are still on the wall, other brands to try are B&W, Quad, Dynaudio, Focal, Totem, etc.

They shoudl be going for about 30% less than previous retail prices at this time.

Good luck

Finally opted for Dynaudio Audience 122 and Nad C 375 BEE Amp and Nad C 545 BEE CDP.After 50 hours of playing western classical,jazz and rock I am completely satisfied with the set up.There are lingering regrets that my original choice - the Dynaudio Audience 72 was not available.But the demo pair of Audience 122 which I purchased WITHOUT an audition are absolutely marvellous.According to Soundsmiths ,the Indian distributor,they have only one more (new) pair left and at app.70 K I feel they are probably the best floorstanders currently available at that price point.I auditioned Quad 22l2,B&W 683 and CM 7,MS Mezzo 6 as well as some Klipsch and Jamo's.Liked the Quad and also the B&W CM7.But the Dynaudio sound is in a different league.Its early days but I think I may become a Dynaudio fan for life.Next upgrade -the Dynaudio Focus 220 ,maybe a couple of years down the line.As for the Nad's they are great value for the money!They provide all the power (150 WPC) and inputs that the Dyn's need and then kind of disappear into the background.Which is perfect.At the same price point the other brands of amps I was considering were offering 75-90 WPC which I believe would not have adequately powered the Dyns.
I got in touch with quite a few distributors,dealers,consultants from Mumbai,Bangalore,Chennai and Delhi.From the start I was very clear that I WOULD NOT PAY more than 15-20 % premium over international prices which I checked at Hifix and other sites.I refuse to accept "the taxes are higher in india " excuse passed out by the distributors.If indeed they are higher,customers should demand a DETAILED breakup of current ex factory prices,taxes and landing costs in the United States or Europe as compared to those in india.I believe that due to lack of competition/choices/information many sellers in India are quoting outrageous prices.Prices quoted by the distributors of Rotel,B&W,Roksan Kandy and Odyssey seemed to be 50%-80% higher than their prices abroad.I instantly deleted all of them from my shortlist!
Finally I believe that TOO much "audiophilia" KILLS the pleasure of listening to music(intend to start a thread on that).Having made a choice I believe it is time to shift my focus to the end objective,which is to LISTEN TO MUSIC banishing all thoughts about other possible permutations and combinations I could have opted for.Listening to good music on a Sony/Samsung two-in-one is a much higher form of activity than listening to c*** on pricey hifi gear....

Last edited:
Finally opted for Dynaudio Audience 122 and Nad C 375 BEE Amp and Nad C 545 BEE CDP.After 50 hours of playing western classical,jazz and rock I am completely satisfied with the set up.There are lingering regrets that my original choice - the Dynaudio Audience 72 was not available.But the demo pair of Audience 122 which I purchased WITHOUT an audition are absolutely marvellous.According to Soundsmiths ,the Indian distributor,they have only one more (new) pair left and at app.70 K I feel they are probably the best floorstanders currently available at that price point.I auditioned Quad 22l2,B&W 683 and CM 7,MS Mezzo 6 as well as some Klipsch and Jamo's.Liked the Quad and also the B&W CM7.But the Dynaudio sound is in a different league.Its early days but I think I may become a Dynaudio fan for life.Next upgrade -the Dynaudio Focus 220 ,maybe a couple of years down the line.As for the Nad's they are great value for the money!They provide all the power (150 WPC) and inputs that the Dyn's need and then kind of disappear into the background.Which is perfect.At the same price point the other brands of amps I was considering were offering 75-90 WPC which I believe would not have adequately powered the Dyns.
I got in touch with quite a few distributors,dealers,consultants from Mumbai,Bangalore,Chennai and Delhi.From the start I was very clear that I WOULD NOT PAY more than 15-20 % premium over international prices which I checked at Hifix and other sites.I refuse to accept "the taxes are higher in india " excuse passed out by the distributors.If indeed they are higher,customers should demand a DETAILED breakup of current ex factory prices,taxes and landing costs in the United States or Europe as compared to those in india.I believe that due to lack of competition/choices/information many sellers in India are quoting outrageous prices.Prices quoted by the distributors of Rotel,B&W,Roksan Kandy and Odyssey seemed to be 50%-80% higher than their prices abroad.I instantly deleted all of them from my shortlist!
Finally I believe that TOO much "audiophilia" KILLS the pleasure of listening to music(intend to start a thread on that).Having made a choice I believe it is time to shift my focus to the end objective,which is to LISTEN TO MUSIC banishing all thoughts about other possible permutations and combinations I could have opted for.Listening to good music on a Sony/Samsung two-in-one is a much higher form of activity than listening to c*** on pricey hifi gear....

congrats on ur purchase.. being priced at MSRP: $ 1499.00 , 70k is indeed a great price..

Ajay124 wrote-
"...Finally I believe that TOO much "audiophilia" KILLS the pleasure of listening to music(intend to start a thread on that).Having made a choice I believe it is time to shift my focus to the end objective,which is to LISTEN TO MUSIC banishing all thoughts about other possible permutations and combinations I could have opted for."
I could'nt agree more!
And-
"...Listening to good music on a Sony/Samsung two-in-one is a much higher form of activity than listening to c*** on pricey hifi gear..."
Well said!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back