Marantz PM5005 "input selector" knob query.

dinesh1201

Hi friends,

I'm scratching my head by seeing the input selector knob woobling a little bit of my Marantz PM5005. :sad:
Is this common on every amp. The volume knob feels very solid and couldn't wobble by a little push from left or right side but when do the same with the "input selector" knob it wobble a little bit.

Is this common, the way it is built or mine have this issue?

If you please clear my doubt on this issue?

Warmly
Dinesh.

Hi friends,

I'm scratching my head by seeing the input selector knob woobling a little bit of my Marantz PM5005. :sad:
Is this common on every amp. The volume knob feels very solid and couldn't wobble by a little push from left or right side but when do the same with the "input selector" knob it wobble a little bit.

Is this common, the way it is built or mine have this issue?

If you please clear my doubt on this issue?

Warmly
Dinesh.
Does it rattle too? Usually the build quality is quite good, surprised to hear this.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Does it rattle too? Usually the build quality is quite good, surprised to hear this.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

This moves from either side from a little push. No rattle, just wobble with a soft push :(

Last edited:
Try pushing the knob more inside. Compare with "Volume" knob to see if any difference in positioning. In case the "input" knob is not getting properly inserted, pull it out completely and reinsert after aligning the with grooved stem inside.

Finally if nothing helps, maybe just leave it as it, as long as the knob functions properly. :)

PM5005 users, if you please check yours to confirm.

i'm a PM6005 user, the feel of the knobs i.e. Vol & Input selection should be similar when you move it. The only difference which i have noticed is, when you move the Input selection knob clockwise / anti-clockwise there is a internal "click" kind of feeling which you will experience during selection of various source.

however it doesn't wobble for sure. Might be in your case it could have accidentally moved from the slot ???:rolleyes: just guessing...

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Pana dmp bdt220 | Creative SB Roar

i'm a PM6005 user, the feel of the knobs i.e. Vol & Input selection should be similar when you move it. The only difference which i have noticed is, when you move the Input selection knob clockwise / anti-clockwise there is a internal "click" kind of feeling which you will experience during selection of various source.

however it doesn't wobble for sure. Might be in your case it could have accidentally moved from the slot ???:rolleyes: just guessing...

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Pana dmp bdt220 | Creative SB Roar
During rotation it doesn't wobble. Seems fine, but when I hold it and move it (not rotate ) it move left and right in millimeters. Though I don't have to do this :D but still when I do same with volume knob it doesn't move.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Why would you do that?.....:eek: millimeters That's perfectly normal.
Don't trouble the knob too much, use the remote :D they have given it for a reason :cheers:

Last edited:
It is funny that I did not notice any 'wobbling' on my PM5005 until I came across this thread and tried it out while the system was off.
Both the knobs have some play, but the input selector's play is more.

Back