Marantz PM6007/6006+netwrok streamer

ok so after i guess 3weeks probably the sound seems more open...bass is tight on cds.this is not source direct which still sounds boomy.now i dont believe too much in burn in stuff.guess its my ears geting slowly familiar or accustomed to this sound

I just got this same amp, turns out one of the optical inputs is boomy with too much bass and the other one is really nicely balanced and sounds good. Very strange.

Last edited:
I just got this same amp, turns out one of the optical inputs is boomy with too much bass and the other one is really nicely balanced and sounds good. Very strange.
this is something i will check.one of my optical is from pc and the other from tv.

I have the PM6007 too, it is paired with diamond 12.3s and an SW150. I too think the bass is a tad bloated, 14 year old me would have loved it.

I rarely use source direct these days and have settled on SD off and bass turned down a tad (set just after 9pm on the dial) treble neutral at midnight. It bothers me a bit as source direct should be the way to go, I am not 100% sure I have the SW150 sub set properly but I have tried various settings on it so I think that the PM6007 just a bass heavy amp maybe.

If I had my time again I’d probably go with something else TBH.

I have the PM6007 too, it is paired with diamond 12.3s

......so I think that the PM6007 just a bass heavy amp maybe.

If I had my time again I’d probably go with something else TBH.
It could also be because Wharfedale Diamonds have bloated flabby slow bass, that drowns other frequencies.
Test with QA or Dali speakers and see. In contrary to the myth repeated ad nauseum, Marantz and WD are not good partners.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back