Marantz PM6007/6006+netwrok streamer

I would suggest to use something like a Fiio BTR3/5/Signature Acoustics Phoenix (supports LDAC, Aptx, SBC) for bluetooth streaming.

If you want a dedicated wireless streamer, you might need something like the Allo- Digione Player if you stick to a budget under 15k. I am not sure if it supports airplay though.
yes exactly thats wat i need.just dedicated wireless streamer options with airplay and bluetooth only and nothing else as i have dig inputs and dac on the amp

yes exactly thats wat i need.just dedicated wireless streamer options with airplay and bluetooth only and nothing else as i have dig inputs and dac on the amp

The Allo Digione supports Airplay as per the below thread. A bluetooth receiver like SA Phoenix combined with the Allo Signature should work good.

ok.i guess in my case a proper streamer only option with airplay and bluetooth 5 aptx will do.i will use the dac in my amp for the heavy lifting.in this case wat are my options?not so pricey

Yamaha WXAD10 is a good option as per your needs.

My PM-6007 should arrive either this or early next week is wat the dealer says.

My set up plan is to have a network streamer from where i want to add the coax to the Marantz PM-6007.Please note I intend to bypass the streamer dac if any.

1.Which cable do I need? Dig or analog coax cables.(I think Dig coax but i cud be wrong)

2.If dig coax i have seen the othello,klotz and mogwai 2964 on hifimart.Any more i should look into? These cables are in my budget.

I am in Kerala and hence any shops or dealers i can talk to for these cables that any of u guys here are aware about?

If your streamer has Optical out then you can go with a blue rigger optical cable from Amazon which is around 500bucks.

I guess on paper. Not sure if it really makes difference. I haven't tried that option. Experts in this forum can confirm.

so got my PM6007 unit yesterday evening.set it up but couldnt hear it.will try today.since i dont have a streamer currently its just plugged in to my tv via a tsolink

one thing i found weird but its just my feeling.
i used to have a yamaha RX-V685 plugged in to my sony tv via earc with the same speakers(polk s20).i agree these speakers arent the ideal candidates for music.
i think some things in the song felt more pronounced vis a vis the marantz.wat they say is true.this is seriously a bit warm.
i was listening to the coke studio afreen song and i can say for sure that with yamaha some instruments felt
more pronounced and i dont know how to say this but more piercing in a good way.
it is weird coz thats a mid range avr but this is atleast a dedicated 2 channel amp.thats wat baffles me.i need to play around with the settings more but this is my initial feeling.

one thing i found weird but its just my feeling.
i used to have a yamaha RX-V685 plugged in to my sony tv via earc with the same speakers(polk s20).i agree these speakers arent the ideal candidates for music.
i think some things in the song felt more pronounced vis a vis the marantz.wat they say is true.this is seriously a bit warm.
i was listening to the coke studio afreen song and i can say for sure that with yamaha some instruments felt
more pronounced and i dont know how to say this but more piercing in a good way.
it is weird coz thats a mid range avr but this is atleast a dedicated 2 channel amp.thats wat baffles me.i need to play around with the settings more but this is my initial feeling.
Different brands have different sound signatures. Hence the importance of audition.

so for anyone who wants to go for marantz pm6007.i am conparing it to my avr yamaha RX-V685.heres my feeling:-
My set up:-
1.polk s20
2.philips dvd player+coax
3.audio cd
4.connected to tv via tsolink

Positives:-
1.the highs arent shrill and even with treble at full and bass at zero it doesnt hurt my ears.

2.no need for a woofer if one needs a bassy feel.

cons:-
1.the seperation of instruments or sound isnt good as yamaha.

2.the sound didnt feel good when i play tv out from firestick or smthng.

3.in source direct the sound is boomy which someone who loves bass may find cool but to me it feels bad.

my brother in law also felt the same regarding the sound seperation or the clarity.i didnt speak anythng abt this to him.so its not only my feeling so.maybe its how marantz is meant to be.
But hey i still love it.

Let it burn for 50 hours at least.
yup but i doubt that is going to make a big diff.thing is i have been playing each song that i heard on my previous avr with this and i can for sure say that the details are missing.its weird because i expected the opposite or atleast the same quality.
eg.in the bang bang movie song tu tu..the yamaha used to articulate the clap very clearly.
in phillauri song certain notes will give one that satisfaction wen u hear.notes are pronounced and make a real mark.
in guru barso re the various sounds in the background are placed in a good way in yamaha.am not saying its missing on the marantz but its kind of laid back...like its there somewhere but not smthng u will notice unless u are lukng for it.with yamaha it will tell u its there..u will realize that till that day u never felt it to be there.

This is wat i meant by the seperation and the clarity.dont know if its a yamaha vs marantz diff or an avr vs intg amp diff or hdmi vs tsolink diff.

one thing though i now notice is that the yamahas used to thin out the sound which was made worse by the polks.but the marantz gives a more fuller sound but the bass stands out which doesnt feel that good to me.bass isnt at all tight.

But it baffles me that sound can vary so much between diff companies.

edit:-
but will definitely keep an ear out to check if the sound changes for the better

i am also not sure if it has anythng to do with the tsolink cable as with the cd it feels much better but the reason i always go back to cds is because listening on music from tv seems dull which wasnt the case with the yamaha 685.

Last edited:
Few days back I compared the sq Marantz pm6006 with audiolab6000A, I felt the same, detailed and separation missing compared to AL6000. Marantz is good for punching and better bass compared to AL. Marantz pm6006 was good at that price

Few days back I compared the sq Marantz pm6006 with audiolab6000A, I felt the same, detailed and separation missing compared to AL6000. Marantz is good for punching and better bass compared to AL. Marantz pm6006 was good at that price
ok so it wasnt my feel only.in a gist i can say that this amp will give total satisfaction to bassheads.they will love it.
but if smone wants to listen to clean audio please look elsewhere.it isnt bad.i am never saying so but the reason one buys good headsets or avg to good amps is to get that clear and more expressive or uncoloured sound.thats wat is lacking here

so 1 week of playing audio cds mainly on my dvd player i can safey say that if u r someone who doesnt like bass dont go for marantz.i dont know about denon ir cambridge but for that spacial feeling go for yamaha.

marantz is not at all bad.infact its more of a wholesome taste.say 10 yrs or ago wen i thought good song means more bass this wud have excited me but not now.

there is clarity..there is treble but had they held on to the bass a bit tightly i can say that this amp wud have been a killer.

compared to yamaha wat i luvd and wat wud seem like partially contradicting my earlier statement here is the less extreme brightness that yamaha can smtimes throw our way.marantz puts a kind of life to the little bit of dry sound of yamaha at times but largely wat spoils it is the absence of tight bass.

one point that always surprises me is burn in time does exist it seems or is it in our brains!i dont know but def the sound has improved from last week a lot

so 1 week of playing audio cds mainly on my dvd player i can safey say that if u r someone who doesnt like bass dont go for marantz.i dont know about denon ir cambridge but for that spacial feeling go for yamaha.

marantz is not at all bad.infact its more of a wholesome taste.say 10 yrs or ago wen i thought good song means more bass this wud have excited me but not now.

there is clarity..there is treble but had they held on to the bass a bit tightly i can say that this amp wud have been a killer.

compared to yamaha wat i luvd and wat wud seem like partially contradicting my earlier statement here is the less extreme brightness that yamaha can smtimes throw our way.marantz puts a kind of life to the little bit of dry sound of yamaha at times but largely wat spoils it is the absence of tight bass.

one point that always surprises me is burn in time does exist it seems or is it in our brains!i dont know but def the sound has improved from last week a lot

yamaha is a more lively amp (some may call it bright) . Relatively Marantz is warm . so that difference cannot be changed . But wait for 2 to 3 weeks as the amp breaks in and the sound changes ...then you will be in a better position to judge it ..

If you dont like a warm , laidback sound then you may not like this amp

yamaha is a more lively amp (some may call it bright) . Relatively Marantz is warm . so that difference cannot be changed . But wait for 2 to 3 weeks as the amp breaks in and the sound changes ...then you will be in a better position to judge it ..

If you dont like a warm , laidback sound then you may not like this amp
ok.
but i hope by warm sound they dont mean the bass thats always present as boomy and not kind of integrated with the sound.it cud also be the combination of the amp and speaker thats not the right match in my case.
any idea as to which speakers may be able to offset this too much "warm" sound if it really means this uncontrolled bass at times

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back