Marantz PM6007/6006+netwrok streamer

Came across cambridge audio amplifiers yesterday on headphonezone the AXC35 to be precise.Are they beetr than marantz?

First make up your mind what you want.
Then make up your mind as to what budget you will have.
Within similar price bracket both amplifiers are good - they would just have different sound signature, which one can only decide through audition. Both brands have their fanbase and it’s a pointless question to ask which is better.

First make up your mind what you want.
Then make up your mind as to what budget you will have.
Within similar price bracket both amplifiers are good - they would just have different sound signature, which one can only decide through audition. Both brands have their fanbase and it’s a pointless question to ask which is better.
made up mind to get a good amplifier..no matter if its marantz ir cambridge.will probably get a good deal on marantz but i am interested in a better soundamong the two.dont know which one is better.thats why just wanted to get a view

In between the two , there is nothing that’s better sounding. It’s just different sounding. Some prefer the warm Marantz signature , some prefer the slightly analytical Cambridge. That’s what I’m trying to say. You need to hear both to decide for yourself.

What sound do you prefer?
In general the Cambridge has a more forward soundstage while the Marantz has a more wider soundstage.
Haven't heard the new Cambridge so they could be different.

so decided on a cambrifge AXR100 finally.have to place order.before that anybody aware of any issues that i shud be aware of.had a bad exp with yamaha avr.dont want a repeat fiasco

Hear out both and decide. Like most FM’s suggested, I felt Marantz has its own traditional warm, slightly bumped up mids and a wider soundstage compared to Cambridge audio. I have tried the Marantz 7001 and I pretty much liked it compared with the Cambridge audio AM10. But then I am sure the AXR is better than AM10. Fm @Kumar442244 has put up his Marantz 8009 for sale. It’s a good deal and I think you should grab it before it’s gone.

What will be your source for the axr100, it does not have wifi. It seems you will be basically using bluetooth to stream, not ideal imho. Maybe you could consider something like Denon DRA-800H.

What will be your source for the axr100, it does not have wifi. It seems you will be basically using bluetooth to stream, not ideal imho. Maybe you could consider something like Denon DRA-800H.
yes..thats wat.i know i wont have wifi.but isnt denin not suitable for music

If you have Polk speakers, I would suggest getting the Marantz amp. Polk and Marantz just tend to gel better.

MaSh

Marantz and denon are sister companies, and as far as I know amps are quite similar, please check on it. You can also check Allo digione player for about 11k if you technically inclined, read about it. I am currently using a marantz 6005 with the digione and happy with it. Do try and audition amps if possible.

I used to have the Marantz PM6006 (paired with Energy CF-70 floor standing speakers) and was looking to get a streamer that would play Spotify, Amazon Music and the likes as well as have bluetooth and USB support for HDD. Airplay was never a requirement.

I like the Marantz sound and so rather than look for a separate streamer I started looking at the Marantz NR1200 Stereo Network Receiver . Post lockdown when shipping resumed I checked with Hifimart and the Marantz was not in stock. However , Mr Anil from Hifimart offered the Denon DRA-800H Stereo Network Receiver at a very attractive price.

his has worked out very well and streaming through the HEOS app is seamless. Bluetooth range is good and even though Airplay was not a requirement this device supports Airplay as I discovered recently when I was using the wife's macbook. Also has subwoofer out so enjoying this 2 channel setup with a sub. No more external dongle for bluetooth and aux cables to connect the phone for streaming. The only downside to this is that I preferred the phonostage on the Marantz PM6006 to the one on the Denon DRA-800H but this can easily be fixed with an external phono stage.

I used to have the Marantz PM6006 (paired with Energy CF-70 floor standing speakers) and was looking to get a streamer that would play Spotify, Amazon Music and the likes as well as have bluetooth and USB support for HDD. Airplay was never a requirement.

I like the Marantz sound and so rather than look for a separate streamer I started looking at the Marantz NR1200 Stereo Network Receiver . Post lockdown when shipping resumed I checked with Hifimart and the Marantz was not in stock. However , Mr Anil from Hifimart offered the Denon DRA-800H Stereo Network Receiver at a very attractive price.

his has worked out very well and streaming through the HEOS app is seamless. Bluetooth range is good and even though Airplay was not a requirement this device supports Airplay as I discovered recently when I was using the wife's macbook. Also has subwoofer out so enjoying this 2 channel setup with a sub. No more external dongle for bluetooth and aux cables to connect the phone for streaming. The only downside to this is that I preferred the phonostage on the Marantz PM6006 to the one on the Denon DRA-800H but this can easily be fixed with an external phono stage.
so how do u find the sound of denon DRA-800H vis a vis marantz pm 6006

The denon is more neutral sounding. The Marantz is warmer. After using the Denon for a few days, I switched back to the Marantz for a few hours before I passed it on to my uncle. Didnt enjoy it much.

The denon is more neutral sounding. The Marantz is warmer. After using the Denon for a few days, I switched back to the Marantz for a few hours before I passed it on to my uncle. Didnt enjoy it much.
so udidnt like the marantz sound is it?

so udidnt like the marantz sound is it?
You are going back and forth in a meaningless way. This is not how one steps into hifi.
Take a deep breath. Wait for a few months. Once restrictions are over, audition for yourself and buy what you like.
Sorry for being blunt.

You are going back and forth in a meaningless way. This is not how one steps into hifi.
Take a deep breath. Wait for a few months. Once restrictions are over, audition for yourself and buy what you like.
Sorry for being blunt.
well going for an audition probably next week.
they wil probably let me audition the dra-800h and marantz and cambridge CXA60

Back