Marantz PM6007/6006+netwrok streamer

so udidnt like the marantz sound is it?
Loved it.... and the PM6006 is a a great way to start into the world of hifi. It has a fun sound. However when I got the 'neutral' Denon I felt it was lacking a bit on the low end. So I hooked up a sub that I had in storage. Now I prefer this set up. That does not mean I didn't like the Marantz. I passed it on to my uncle so it is still in the family and he really enjoys it in his set up with bookshelf speakers.

Following is my setup.. pioneer elite N30>schiit modi 3>marantz pm5005>diamond 225| samsung s8/ipad>ifi zen blue dac>marantz pm5005>diamond 225.

Regarding how it compares to yamaha.. cant say as i have not tried it.
I would like to know how you like the combination of pm5005 and diamond 225? Are you happy with it? How do they sound?

I would like to know how you like the combination of pm5005 and diamond 225? Are you happy with it? How do they sound?
Hello
Not exactly the reply which you must be expecting. I have marantz pm 6005 and wharefedal diamond 9.2 speakers. This combo is very nice to my ears. I am getting very sweet midrange, good bass and overall my experience is fine so far. I have my TT and an humble DVD player as source. I have used both the phono of my TT and the amp and the latter wins . I listen to Bengali songs, Indian classical , Rabindrasangeet and Bollywood oldies ( 50's- 70's). Vocal is very clear even when I stand about 8"-10" distance. Of all the genres I have mentioned here RD Burman triumphs. Earlier I used to listen to my vinyls and CDs in an active speaker set up but my new set up comprising of marantz wharefedal diamond is what I have been waiting for.
Regards

Hello
Not exactly the reply which you must be expecting. I have marantz pm 6005 and wharefedal diamond 9.2 speakers. This combo is very nice to my ears. I am getting very sweet midrange, good bass and overall my experience is fine so far. I have my TT and an humble DVD player as source. I have used both the phono of my TT and the amp and the latter wins . I listen to Bengali songs, Indian classical , Rabindrasangeet and Bollywood oldies ( 50's- 70's). Vocal is very clear even when I stand about 8"-10" distance. Of all the genres I have mentioned here RD Burman triumphs. Earlier I used to listen to my vinyls and CDs in an active speaker set up but my new set up comprising of marantz wharefedal diamond is what I have been waiting for.
Regards
Thank you for sharing your experience in detail. It's helpful. Which TT are you using?
Regards.

One word.. Satisfied. It has slight warm sound but detailed enough you to enjoy the music.. the presentation is wide and imaging is good at its pricepoint.. one thing I have noted is that the in-between components do matter.. be it interconnects, source or be it DAC as I did note difference in sound signature basis which dac or interconnect that is connected. Now to be clear.. I have not heard ton of equipments so cannot comment how they are relative to other equipments.. also I have a rather small sized room (or spacious by a metro city standard) of 13x11, so the vloume knob has never been more than 9 o'clock.. yes on some days (2/360) I have urge to go nuts.. but even that case I donot exceed 12'oclock mark. The sound does not become bloated or harsh.. or muddy.

One word.. Satisfied. It has slight warm sound but detailed enough you to enjoy the music.. the presentation is wide and imaging is good at its pricepoint.. one thing I have noted is that the in-between components do matter.. be it interconnects, source or be it DAC as I did note difference in sound signature basis which dac or interconnect that is connected. Now to be clear.. I have not heard ton of equipments so cannot comment how they are relative to other equipments.. also I have a rather small sized room (or spacious by a metro city standard) of 13x11, so the vloume knob has never been more than 9 o'clock.. yes on some days (2/360) I have urge to go nuts.. but even that case I donot exceed 12'oclock mark. The sound does not become bloated or harsh.. or muddy.
Hi
Thanks for the details. Can you suggest a good DAC for this combo from your experience and which cables and interconnects have u found to be good?

Thank you for sharing your experience in detail. It's helpful. Which TT are you using?
Regards.
Audiotechnica LP 60 for marantz wharefedal diamond combo and Philips hi q international for enjoying ceramic cart ( with a pair of local made speakers).
Regards

Hi
Thanks for the details. Can you suggest a good DAC for this combo from your experience and which cables and interconnects have u found to be good?
Depends on the budget... but if u are going for an affordable rig, then go for topping e30 or schiit modi 3. Reason I have mentioned these two is because I dont kbow what ur listening tastes/preferences are. Cables/interconnects.. you can never go wrong with Mogami. Having said all this, I think we have quite a good amount of threads which you can search and get the answers from already shared collective knowledge.. Trust me it has benefitted me quite a lot.. one just needs to do a little digging :)

one just needs to do a little digging :)
Have been doing that for quite a while now....
Tried modi 3. It was good. Now looking for an upgrade. Since you have the same combo Marantz+Wharfedale as mine (mine is 220 not 225) I thought your findings would be very helpful. I am using DAC speaker wires and interconnects. Listen to Bollywood and Malayalam devotional songs mostly from YouTube music (subscribed).

guys so have ordered a PM6007.dealer said it wud take 7 days for him to get it.i need a streamer with airplay and bluetooth.dont need a dac.he talked abt some model of 13k.any ideas for good ones

guys so have ordered a PM6007.dealer said it wud take 7 days for him to get it.i need a streamer with airplay and bluetooth.dont need a dac.he talked abt some model of 13k.any ideas for good ones

Don't get entry level streamers they sound terrible. Go for a Denon DNP 800NE, I know it's a bit expensive but it's worth the money.

Yes Auralic is expensive compared to the Japanese brands as Pioneer Denon and some others.

Yes Auralic is expensive compared to the Japanese brands as Pioneer Denon and some others.
ok.i guess in my case a proper streamer only option with airplay and bluetooth 5 aptx will do.i will use the dac in my amp for the heavy lifting.in this case wat are my options?not so pricey

I would suggest to use something like a Fiio BTR3/5/Signature Acoustics Phoenix (supports LDAC, Aptx, SBC) for bluetooth streaming.

If you want a dedicated wireless streamer, you might need something like the Allo- Digione Player if you stick to a budget under 15k. I am not sure if it supports airplay though.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back