Marantz SR6012 Unboxing & First Impressions

Arjun4

Hello FM's

I got my Marantz SR6012 from HTstore Bangalore this weekend.

Noticed few things on new AVR, thought of updating you guys in case if this helps someone.

You can select the speaker impedance - 4ohm to 8 ohm and the AVR supports upto 16 ohm speakers

http://us.marantz.com/DocumentMaster/US/mz_SR6012_om_u_en_v00.pdf --- Page 37

Use speakers with an impedance of 4 – 16 Ω/ohms.

Carry out the following settings when using a speaker with an impedance of 4 – 6 Ω/ohms.

1. Press and hold the main unit’s ZONE2 SOURCE and STATUS at the same
time for at least 3 seconds.
“Video Format < NTSC>” appears on the display.
2. Press DIMMER on the main unit three times.
“Sp.Imp. <8ohms>” appears on the display.
3. Press TUNER PRESET CH + or TUNER PRESET CH- on the main unit to select the impedance.

8ohms(Default) :
Select when the impedance for all of the
connected speakers is 8 Ω/ohms or over.

6ohms:
Select when the impedance for any of the
connected speakers is 6 Ω/ohms.

4ohms:
connected speakers is 4 Ω/ohms.

4. Press the main unit’s STATUS to complete the setting

Mine is Dali Zensor 7 and it is 6 Ohm speakers

Audyssey even force you to adjust the Sub woofer volume to below 75dB before running the calibration

Overall build quality and materials are better than previous SR6008
IMG-20180225-WA0013.jpgIMG-20180225-WA0014.jpgIMG-20180225-WA0015.jpgIMG-20180225-WA0016.jpg

Nice sharing.....

Perhaps you can update the same post in the Marantz Owners thread which will help new potential owners and existing ones....

Hello FM's

Noticed few things on new AVR, thought of updating you guys in case if this helps someone.

You can select the speaker impedance - 4ohm to 8 ohm and the AVR supports upto 16 ohm speakers

Carry out the following settings when using a speaker with an impedance of 4 – 6 Ω/ohms.

3. Press TUNER PRESET CH + or TUNER PRESET CH- on the main unit to select the impedance.

8ohms(Default) :

6ohms:

4ohms:

Audyssey even force you to adjust the Sub woofer volume to below 75dB before running the calibration

View attachment 25984View attachment 25985View attachment 25986View attachment 25987
Congrats! Enjoy.

The back looks so similar to my Denon...not surprising!

Hello FM's

8ohms(Default) :

6ohms:

4ohms:

View attachment 25984View attachment 25985View attachment 25986View attachment 25987
I too own the same. Very happy with it's performance. Have been using it since Sept 2017! Enjoy your music!

Thanks Guys !

It looks like Audyssey is doing pretty good job for the receiver calibration.

Crossover settings for Front L&R on my AVR after calibration is preciously 40hz :)

Dali Zensor 7
Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) [Hz] 40 - 26,500

From Owners Manual -

"The default crossover frequency is “80 Hz”, which will work best with the
widest variety of speakers. We recommend setting to a higher frequency that
the crossover frequency when small speakers are used. For example, set to
“250 Hz” when the frequency range of the speakers is 250 Hz – 20 kHz"

Thanks Guys !

It looks like Audyssey is doing pretty good job for the receiver calibration.

Crossover settings for Front L&R on my AVR after calibration is preciously 40hz :)

Dali Zensor 7
Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) [Hz] 40 - 26,500

From Owners Manual -

"The default crossover frequency is “80 Hz”, which will work best with the
widest variety of speakers. We recommend setting to a higher frequency that
the crossover frequency when small speakers are used. For example, set to
“250 Hz” when the frequency range of the speakers is 250 Hz – 20 kHz"
It shouldn't be set that low, you will stress out the speakers. Set it to 80hz.

Mine is Zensor 7, those are floor standers
Setting it higher will free up additional headroom in the AV Receiver and utilize the sub better. I think the SVS Merlin sub matching tool recommends the cross over to be 60Hz for Dali Zensor 7.
Btw, for my bookshelf speakers also calibration set it up as 40Hz, but I have upped it to 60Hz initially and later to 80Hz.

Mine is Zensor 7, those are floor standers
well been reading up lately as i m planning to buy a hifi amp now for my b&w speakers.
The thing is all these hifi amps dont have a setting to change the speaker size etc & they play the audio on Full Range.
Will try & see how it goes & if its good then might just do what you say & keep my fronts as Large in the avr settings.

Lets see..

Hi, I am buying myself SR6012 from Auditro systems, Kolkatta as well, price quoted is 90k with warranty (without taxes I suppose), is it a good deal? Btw your SR6012 updates automatically or not recommended to update by the dealer? there was a update for DTS Virtual:X for Sr6012 which was scheduled in spring 2018(march-june) so was wondering if we will be able to get it.
also I have wharfedale 225 fronts which I want to keep apart from this any suggestions about speaker that will go well with Marantz interested in 5.1 for now.
thanks

Hi, I am buying myself SR6012 from Auditro systems, Kolkatta as well, price quoted is 90k with warranty (without taxes I suppose), is it a good deal? Btw your SR6012 updates automatically or not recommended to update by the dealer? there was a update for DTS Virtual:X for Sr6012 which was scheduled in spring 2018(march-june) so was wondering if we will be able to get it.
also I have wharfedale 225 fronts which I want to keep apart from this any suggestions about speaker that will go well with Marantz interested in 5.1 for now.
thanks

Is the Seller giving GST paid invoice? If no it's a Seller warranty and not Manfacturer warranty. The price of seller warranty pieces hovers between 75 - 80k, bargain accordingly.

Budget for Speakers matters a lot, you can buy other speakers from Wharfedale as well, check hifimart.com. Dali Matches Marantz very well, check prices of Dali Zensor 3/Vokal and let's know.

Is the Seller giving GST paid invoice? If no it's a Seller warranty and not Manfacturer warranty. The price of seller warranty pieces hovers between 75 - 80k, bargain accordingly.

Budget for Speakers matters a lot, you can buy other speakers from Wharfedale as well, check hifimart.com. Dali Matches Marantz very well, check prices of Dali Zensor 3/Vokal and let's know.
I am not sure but I am paying directly to MZ Audio and it will be shipped directly by them from Mumbai, they have assured full services at all dealer and will send me a invoice with GST Breakup.

For speaker which I will be buying in a month or 2 my budget is arnd 50k for center/ fronts. can be strectehed a little if needed.

Just confirmed the price of Dali Zensor3 is Rs36500 and Vokal is Rs 22500 with 10% discount so translates to 33k and 20k roughly.

I am not sure but I am paying directly to MZ Audio and it will be shipped directly by them from Mumbai, they have assured full services at all dealer and will send me a invoice with GST Breakup.

For speaker which I will be buying in a month or 2 my budget is arnd 50k for center/ fronts. can be strectehed a little if needed.

Just confirmed the price of Dali Zensor3 is Rs36500 and Vokal is Rs 22500 with 10% discount so translates to 33k and 20k roughly.

Has the MRP for Zensor 3 revised?

Think u can get it well under 30K and around 18.5K for Vocal. Please negotiate hard.

Has the MRP for Zensor 3 revised?

Think u can get it well under 30K and around 18.5K for Vocal. Please negotiate hard.
thanks will try and let everyone know. btw is it the best suited combination with SR6012? and wharfedale 225 as surrounds?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back