Marantz SR6300

ruimoutinho

I have a multi-channel amplifier Marantz SR6300.
At the rear of the amplifier we can read: speaker impedance 6-16 ohms.
This means that i can connect two pairs of speakers (on the same channel) of 8 ohms each pair, without damaging the amplifier or lose sound quality of each pair?

Thank U

1z3qm81.gif

Thank you elangoas:

I will use the speaker systems A and B simultaneously. Only on the front speakers.
With my original idea i change the impedance from 8 to 4 ohms and this is dangerous ;)

But if you want to use 2 sets of 8 Ohms speaker, then try using it with higher sensitive speakers....

I hope this truly means that accepts two pairs with 6 or 8 each :)

But if you want to use 2 sets of 8 Ohms speaker, then try using it with higher sensitive speakers....

Sensitivity is not impedance.

sensitivity is how much db it will produce with 1 watt measured @ 1 meter.
Impedance is the resistance+inductance+capacitance it presents to the amplifier.
Cool.
Srinath.

I had used a 6 Ohm speaker with a stereo amplifier mentioned 8 ohms - 16 Ohms only... But only in moderate volumes.... It didn't clip... So guess is, it should work...

If you have 2 pairs of speakers with 8 Ohms & higher sensitivity, try experimenting it... Listen @ moderate volumes & then increase it...

May i use speakers A + speakers B to bi-amp only one set of Mission 782SE with my Marantz SR6300?

What you are saying is technically "bi-amp" in AVR, in the newer AVR's too, this is referred as "Bi-Amp".... In your AVR Manual, there is no mention abt it thought it refers to the same...

"Don't try it" as it may cause damage to speakers..

Btw Marantz & Mission make very good synergy... I had paired Marantz SR5200 with Mission M35i and it was very good..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back