Marantz UD7007 universal Bluray/SACD player

mandeep

Please share positive views and information regarding the Marantz UD 7007 universal bluray player, I need to know more about this player.

This model received 5 star rating on What HiFi, but the review is very short, your views will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I just heard the player through an audition and it's quite nice.

Guess a few FMs would be using the same.

Most use Pioneer / Sony / OPPO / LG

After reading through many reviews on amazon.com , this players network capabilities are questionable, but audio video capabilities are commendable .

Still want a lengthy expert user review from members here

Hi

You may need to check in Threads and posts which may be uploaded......else you may depend on google searches which would have mixed reviews.....

IMHO......Technically nothing beats an OPPO.....since I did not have the budget...settled for Pioneer BDP LX 55 which is top of its class....the other Pioneer BDP 450 is there with my bro....so we have the best top line BD players which are great for audio and video....

I have a Marantz CD6003.But typically Marantz Players will not recognise all the CD's ..(same issue with the new SA8005 which I am using now)

Hence I purchased UD7007 which I have been using for the past 1.5 yrs to play all the audio cd's which have been badly abused - Sound quality is good .. Plays all cd's ..did not skip any cd ...recognises all ... its a universal player

Sound Quality is Comparable to budget CD's Players ..like CD6005 .. but not as good as SA8005 .

One drawback is you will require the TV screen to play MP3 and other formats .

I don't have a AVR ...so never used it as a BLU RAY player. So cant comment on that

Last edited:
I have a Marantz CD6003.But typically Marantz Players will not recognise all the CD's ..(same issue with the new SA8005 which I am using now)

Hence I purchased UD7007 which I have been using for the past 1.5 yrs to play all the audio cd's which have been badly abused - Sound quality is good .. Plays all cd's ..did not skip any cd ...recognises all ... its a universal player

Sound Quality is Comparable to budget CD's Players ..like CD6005 .. but not as good as SA8005 .

One drawback is you will require the TV screen to play MP3 and other formats .

I don't have a AVR ...so never used it as a BLU RAY player. So cant comment on that

Thanks dear, can you elaborate more like in comparison to other bluray players in the market. If it's 2 channel sound is comparable to marantz cd6005 then this player must be very good then.

I have not used the video part of it ...so cant comment on it ...also not auditioned any other AVR or Blu Ray player ...completely a audio guy .... I watch movies in the big screen or my laptop

My primary purpose of buying this was to play all those cd's which my dedicated Marantz CD6003 & SA8005 will not recognise .

I have heard Rotel and Cambridge CD Players ..and to my ears it was like that computer / synthesiser sound when you compare that to Marantz ...which is more natural .. I found that same natural sound in UD7007 and its not a bright player ...but produces a decent amount of bass

Back