Marantz SACD Player - Sa11 S1 - NOT WORKING

jaisinghdelhi

Hi all,
This is my first post. I need some advice about fixing my SACD player. It powers on , the tray comes out but it just doesn't read the CDs.

A competent guy went through it and suggested that most probably, the PCB just below the transport needs to be changed and or the Mecha loader too.

Marantz doesn't support this model anymore. Please suggest how do I get this fixed ? It's a pian to watch a fantastic audiophile grade player dead just because parts are not available.

Thanks,
-Jai Singh

Hi all,
This is my first post. I need some advice about fixing my SACD player. It powers on , the tray comes out but it just doesn't read the CDs.

A competent guy went through it and suggested that most probably, the PCB just below the transport needs to be changed and or the Mecha loader too.

Marantz doesn't support this model anymore. Please suggest how do I get this fixed ? It's a pian to watch a fantastic audiophile grade player dead just because parts are not available.

Thanks,
-Jai Singh
Have you resolved. My too having same complaint. Pl revert if any way out

I speculate the Laser (which reads the cd ) is weak. Its not putting out enough light to get strong enough reflections to read the CD.

It can probably be resurrected by increasing the laser current by very slightly turning the preset on a little PCB usually located directly below the lens. Needs to be done carefully, a nudge of a few degrees only, or the current will increase too much, blowing the laser.

Even after this adjustment, the CD player may work a few weeks n ultimately die.

The long term solution is to replace the laser. You need a good tecnician n ofcourse the replacement laser.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back