Need help with Record Player repair

indy70

I bought a GPO Suitcase model turntable (Don't judge me) from Starmark Chennai about 2 years back. Now it is not turning on anymore, may be because I just left it for a month without playing it as I was busy. Now, I have a dead Record player and a ton of handed down old records from a relative with no means. Anyway I can either get this fixed in Chennai or get them sold out to ? Please do let me know. I may prefer the later, considering It is getting busy these days to get into elaborate music listening.

You can put up your records for sale in this forum (in the For Sale By Owner section) if you wish to let go of them, and are sure you won't dive into records again.

My personal, and unsolicited advice :) would be, however, to hold on to the records for some more time (store them carefully). Who knows - you might want to start enjoying the vinyl sound sometime again in the future. And given the price of good, old vinyl nowadays, it's not easy to come get hold of them. Of course, it's completely your call.

I fully support skroderider . You can store the records very carefully . In future if you want to walk along the vinyl route, you may not find those at a cheaper rate. Even getting records in mint or near mint condition is very difficult these days. Now the decision is yours.
Regards

Exactly, finding records these days is very difficult and very expensive. Better to hold on to what you have. You may want to revisit your hobby at a later point and they will come in handy. Only next time, don't guy a suitcase record-player :)

Last edited:
Hi there

Like the others here have suggested, keep the records. Why not get the player repaired in Channai? The joy some old music/records can bring is simply priceless!

Cheers!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back