Mark alpair 10 gen 2 vented box speakers

right now breaking them in as per the recommendations. so operating at low volume levels, which is still sufficiently louder given the small living room of mine. despite being in small volume box, they are producing lows quite remarkably as they are claimed. in pencils i believe they are going to sound much better. these drivers i am finding very well detailed. i am hearing never before heard minute details and background music from ARRs songs. these details are normally inaudible in other speakers and even fostex fe126en failed to produce them in such high resolution.

thanks Trittyaji :)
currently running them with T-amp (T2021B). this new t-amp takes more voltage and gives out bit more power than the previous versions.
box design is as per the drawing published on Mark Audio website.
Alpair 10 Gold | Markaudio
its Eric Hartmann's vented box design.

thanks Trittyaji :)
currently running them with T-amp (T2021B). this new t-amp takes more voltage and gives out bit more power than the previous versions.
box design is as per the drawing published on Mark Audio website.
Alpair 10 Gold | Markaudio
its Eric Hartmann's vented box design.
So glad that you have "made your MARK":yahoo::lol:
Do try these on OB before you go for the pensil option.
How much did the driver pair cost, all inclusive?

Cheerio

No Trittyaji...cant go for OB with these babies!
their sensitivity is 87dB, which is quite low for OB application. moreover they will need bass support below 300hz in OB. the cones are very light weight...so cant take much stress either at lower bass frequencies. but paper cone based alpair 12p (8") are more suitable for OB. they can take more power and can move more amount of air suitable for OBs. but none of these can beat Betsy's for the cost (you know that!)
driver pair costed me 13k shipped+ around 1.8k customs, so total 14.8k/pair.

Congratulations Soundnovice.
87 dB is good for OB if other T/S parameters suit and you go for low frequencies with another driver having SPL nearing or more than 93 dB. Your speakers will ultimately have 87 dB effectively.
Speakers look wonderful!!!

Congratulations Soundnovice.
87 dB is good for OB if other T/S parameters suit and you go for low frequencies with another driver having SPL nearing or more than 93 dB. Your speakers will ultimately have 87 dB effectively.
Speakers look wonderful!!!

TSPs wont matter if low bass is augmented and only sensitivity will be taken into account. due to absence of damping (provided by closed/vented box), the effective sensitivity will fall even further. so all in all to get the required volume levels, more power needs to be supplied to drivers which inturn stresses the cone which inturn results in distortion! however many ppl have used alpair 10s and 7s in FAST OB augmented by 15" woofers in H-frame. going 2way ruines the very purpose of these drivers for which they were designed first of all...i.e. to produce full-range

Did a mark audio 10.2 pencil DIY with forum member manish .. they are brilliant drivers with purity of full ranger sound and very comportable bass .
other xyz qualities also shine as well.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back