Matching amp for Jamo speakes & powered sub

InderbirSingh

Please suggest matching amp for Jamo speakers & powered sub

Hi,

My ratio for music ( mostly r & b / rap) and movies is 90:10

Presently using :
Technics SU-X860, Class AA
DOD 830 series II equaliser,
3 way woodstock speakers with 12" woofer.
Pioneer dvd 373.

Recently purchased (up gradation started) :-
Jamo E 660
Jamo sub 550
Pioneer DV420.

I want to upgrade to next level but confused whether to go for 2.1 / 5.1 /7.1
Please suggest me 1 value for money 2.1 & 1 avr with 1080p, 196/24 etc features

I have shortlisted :-
Onkyo = TX 8555 / SR 608 (good reviews for both of them)
Pioneer 820 / 920 after seeing my friend's pioneer vsx 519

My friend is also selling his (used) marantz SR4400 for Rs.12,000.

Please suggest if I missed any good avr / amp under $ 400.

My budget is $ 400 as I would be making my purchase in USA.

Regards..........Inder

Last edited:
Hi,
Did i asked something wrong that i haven't received any replies.
Yesterday i heard nakamichi av 1 paired with technics SB8 at my friend's place and it sounded so pleasant.
Would Nakamichi AV 1 sound good if paired with Jamo - E660 & sub 550, which are arriving soon

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions
Regards........Inder

Thank you very my much for the reply
407 are better than 660, any time but i would be pairing them with sub 550 and think that sound would do reasonably well.
Confusion :-
1. As far as amps / avr are concerned......... my friends say, for music pleasure, 2.1 is any day better than 5.1 and so on.................and if at all i buy 5.1 / 6.1, i can do the sound enhancements from my DOD 830 series II equalizer, though not much.
2. Any good 2.1 is costing almost same as a decent 5.1 or 6.1 for eg Onkyo TX 8555 is costing $ 260 and Pioneer VSX 920 is around $300.
3. I 'm getting used NAK AV1, for 9K and the user says that one has the option of using it as 2.1 also and it sounds better as compared to the amps available in the market today.Is it value for money at this price and features?

My budget, for new avr / amp is 18k and Rs. 12K for used one.

Thanks for replying.
Rgds.....Inder

3. I 'm getting used NAK AV1, for 9K and the user says that one has the option of using it as 2.1 also and it sounds better as compared to the amps available in the market today.Is it value for money at this price and features?

Nakamchi used to make the world's best cassette players. Unfortunately they have not been able to make a mark in the AV market.

If you are looking for an AVR, choose from Denon, Onkyo, or Yamaha. At the budget level, Onkyo seems to be leading this year, followed by Yamaha, then Denon. Price is very much dependent on features and power. At the very least, I would choose an AVR that can handle HD Audio.

Cheers

Thanks Sirs for your valuable inputs.
I should rather forget Nak.
Pioneer 1020, onkyo 608 and Marantz 1601 are ok but have one thing or the other missing.
Denon 791 sound interesting to me, since I've just purchase SONY EX 500 LCD and would like a good AVR to do justice over all for sound and video.
DENON 791 is value for money.......any suggestions ?

Thanks and regards,
Inder

Thanks Sirs for your valuable inputs.
I should rather forget Nak.
Pioneer 1020, onkyo 608 and Marantz 1601 are ok but have one thing or the other missing.
Denon 791 sound interesting to me, since I've just purchase SONY EX 500 LCD and would like a good AVR to do justice over all for sound and video.
DENON 791 is value for money.......any suggestions ?

Thanks and regards,
Inder

Last edited:
Back