speaker and amp upgrade for my car

anirudh panwar

please suggest a component and coaxial speaker combo or a component and simple speaker combo for my maruti scross car where i am presently using OEM speakers but have now added a JVC KWM 150 BT digital media reciever HU which is rated for 4x45 W max power and has 3 preouts..im looking for new speakers and matching amp.budget is about 10K for the speakers and 15K ?for the amp..which can be reviewed if felt. also can i simply use the new speakers without a amp initally.please advice

Last edited:

bobbyprajan

Steg Leo 650C is in your budget and as per one of the sellers, it can be used without an external amplifier. I heard it briefly in a car where it was powered by an entry level amplifier and it was good

balavignesh002

please suggest a component and coaxial speaker combo or a component and simple speaker combo for my maruti scross car where i am presently using OEM speakers but have now added a JVC KWM 150 BT digital media reciever HU which is rated for 4x45 W max power and has 3 preouts..im looking for new speakers and matching amp.budget is about 10K for the speakers and 15K ?for the amp..which can be reviewed if felt. also can i simply use the new speakers without a amp initally.please advice

Get a bi-ampable component speaker to avoid external amp. Use amplifed front for tweeters and rear for woofers. Your hu puts 14w power and 2v preouts only, refer the below.

Screenshot_20220919-060937_Chrome.jpg
If you couldn't get a bi-ampable component speaker get the normal one and use that xover for midbass only and buy a poly propylene capacitor for Tweeter additionally

anirudh panwar

Steg Leo 650C is in your budget and as per one of the sellers, it can be used without an external amplifier. I heard it briefly in a car where it was powered by an entry level amplifier and it was good

Get a bi-ampable component speaker to avoid external amp. Use amplifed front for tweeters and rear for woofers. Your hu puts 14w power and 2v preouts only, refer the below.

View attachment 72003
If you couldn't get a bi-ampable component speaker get the normal one and use that xover for midbass only and buy a poly propylene capacitor for Tweeter additionally

Expandability:​

• inputs: rear USB input; backup camera input; rear A/V input (RCA)
  • outputs: rear video output; 5-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, mono sub)
see the crutchfield review ..3 pre outs ie 2 volt front,rear and mono sub

Last edited:

bobbyprajan

The Steg Leo 650C does not have an external crossover, the midbass is directly connected to HU/Amp and the capacitor to protect tweeter is integrated in the cables of tweeter. When you bi-amp this type of component speakers from HU, where do we set the crossover and gain settings ?

balavignesh002

The Steg Leo 650C does not have an external crossover, the midbass is directly connected to HU/Amp and the capacitor to protect tweeter is integrated in the cables of tweeter. When you bi-amp this type of component speakers from HU, where do we set the crossover and gain settings ?
It becomes easy in that case. Can deploy midbass connected to rear amplifed output of head unit and Tweeter on the front amplified output. This way power output of hu can be optimally used and Time Alignment can be done for better staging.

Gain adjustment can be done using fader function of front and Rear.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer