Matching Center Speaker for Pioneer SP FS52

mzone1510

Hi guys, I am relatively new to the field of HT and about to start investing in my first HT setup with usage 60% movies, 40% music.

Have been doing some research for a couple of months and was considering starting off with the highly rated Andrew Jones SP FS52 as my Front LR, however the only thing holding me back are the negative reviews regarding the matching center speaker (SP C22). Quite a few reviews say it is muddy and lacks clarity and from all I have read regarding 'timbre matching', it is always recommended to go with the same series for LCR. Hence my question is, since wouldn't want a degraded center channel experience, would it be wise to go with another brand center like Elac Debut C5.2 instead? Or any other suggestions that would best timbre match with the Pioneer towers without disrupting the Front LCR soundstage?

Timbre matching is always good ... recommended but that doesn't mean you have to only go for timbre matching.
I think according to your Pioneer Andrew Jones speaker, I would suggest Whaferdale/Polk since few of my friends hve used this combination and are satisfied with the results (Not the best though...). These are also available in wide markets and have pretty good budget centers.

Timbre matching is always good ... recommended but that doesn't mean you have to only go for timbre matching.
I think according to your Pioneer Andrew Jones speaker, I would suggest Whaferdale/Polk since few of my friends hve used this combination and are satisfied with the results (Not the best though...). These are also available in wide markets and have pretty good budget centers.

Thank you for your suggestions, I was wondering how many here use the Pioneer center speaker and how they feel about it? I was thinking more of the Elac since they are both A Jones designs but obviously there will be a big difference between the two...

Which center did you end up pairing with the FS52s? I have the CP22 matching center but I'm considering moving up to the Elac UC52 center.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back