Matching equipment with Klipsch Forte III Speakers

Self pick up is best

Go morning... Return next day

Audition yourself

Likely no customs issues since personal baggage

Regards
May work out or may not depending on your luck.
Customs rules require a person to stay for a minimum of 3 days to avail of duty free allowance.

Cary is a more traditional tube sound. It’s fairly lush sounding. Prima Luna is more extended and more modern sounding. You need to decide what floats your boat.

Spot on. Couldn’t have said it better. They sound quite different. Tried both these on my HERESY iii.
But ended up with the Primaluna

Spot on. Couldn’t have said it better. They sound quite different. Tried both these on my HERESY iii.
But ended up with the Primaluna
Oops didnt see your signature before posting. Howz your experience with Primaluna? I see Technics in your signature as well. Is it sold in India by any dealer or distributor?

Oops didnt see your signature before posting. Howz your experience with Primaluna? I see Technics in your signature as well. Is it sold in India by any dealer or distributor?

Hi Vivek ,
The Primaluna Prologue 4 which I imported via Technology Factory in all honesty sounded very solid state even after a few days of burn in. Eventually did quite a bit of tube rolling with Genalex Gold Lions KT88 12AU7 and 12AX7 , JJ MG Gold Pins12AX7, Tungsrams, and GE. All over 100 hours individually.

Finally this is what I settled on
Quad Genalex Gold Lion KT88, Pair Tungsrams 12AU7 and finally a pair of Genalex 12AX7. All these are Platinum Grade matched tubes from Upscale Audio. Had someone carry them down for me. Now it sounds glorious to my liking.

Have a fair bit of an issue with high frequencies so chose the warmest of the lot.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dr. Pavan

Hi Vivek ,
The Primaluna Prologue 4 which I imported via Technology Factory in all honesty sounded very solid state even after a few days of burn in. Eventually did quite a bit of tube rolling with Genalex Gold Lions KT88 12AU7 and 12AX7 , JJ MG Gold Pins12AX7, Tungsrams, and GE. All over 100 hours individually.

Finally this is what I settled on
Quad Genalex Gold Lion KT88, Pair Tungsrams 12AU7 and finally a pair of Genalex 12AX7. All these are Platinum Grade matched tubes from Upscale Audio. Had someone carry them down for me. Now it sounds glorious to my liking.

Have a fair bit of an issue with high frequencies so chose the warmest of the lot.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dr. Pavan
Hi Dr Pavan

Thanks for your feedback on Primaluna. I am also considering EVO 400 i. I am glad to hear that you got this from Technology Factory (Antwerp Belgium I believe). I am also in talk with them.

Could you please give me some pointers on importing from TF Belgium? I believe you placed online order with Technology Factory and the order was shipped via TNT or FedEx? My only worry is custom clearance. How did you do that? How much custom duty did you pay in terms of % age on the cost price? Was the import smooth? I mean was it delivered at your door step without going through the customs hassles?

Thanks.

+1 for Lyrita
Recently acquired a tube preamp. Must say it is a lovely piece of audio gear.
The DHT uses 4P1L tubes that are quite "lively".
You may pair with a power amp, say from the Lyrita stable itself.
Delhi is not too far away from Chandigarh.
It may be worth making a trip there, taking your speakers along and have a proper listen.
Do give it a consideration.

Cheers,
Raghu

Will the lyrita pre/power amplifier be free of "hum" on this speaker?

Hi Dr Pavan

Thanks for your feedback on Primaluna. I am also considering EVO 400 i. I am glad to hear that you got this from Technology Factory (Antwerp Belgium I believe). I am also in talk with them.

Could you please give me some pointers on importing from TF Belgium? I believe you placed online order with Technology Factory and the order was shipped via TNT or FedEx? My only worry is custom clearance. How did you do that? How much custom duty did you pay in terms of % age on the cost price? Was the import smooth? I mean was it delivered at your door step without going through the customs hassles?

Thanks.
Hey Vivek,

What amplifier did you end up with finally?!

EDIT: Sorry, just saw your post on another thread. Happy Listening!

I am quite happy with the combo. :) what are you looking for?

Good to hear that you are loving your setup! - I have so many questions for you haha!

So does your system have a warm sound signature?
Is it fatiguing? could it be be less fatiguing?
what made you pick Class A over tubes? Just the maintenance issue?

Good to hear that you are loving your setup! - I have so many questions for you haha!

So does your system have a warm sound signature?
Is it fatiguing? could it be be less fatiguing?
what made you pick Class A over tubes? Just the maintenance issue?
Hi

Though its been just a week that I set up everything. I'll try to give you my early impressions of the system. I am not well versed in audio jargon so bear with me :)

I am not new to Klipsch, I owned Klipsch RP-8000F earlier and I tried to fit those in for stereo application along with a Denon AVR. The results were not good. System was too screeching, thin,bright, fatiguing and not intereting at all. I guess wrong choice of equipment for my taste otherwise nothing wrong with the speakers and the AVR. Just the combo was not right for me.

Hence the inspiration to move away from AV equipment to proper stereo equipment. I always had Fortes in my mind due to their looks,build and heritage DNA, and they proved their worth.

How my system sounds now: Its very detailed, crisp,warm no sign of fatige at all, can reproduce finer nuances Its been just around less than 10 hours that I booted up everything, but still first impressions tell a lot about the things to come in future. My cables are less than optimal but still I have no complains. May be if I change all of my cables (already working on it) my system may sound better but do not how much more but lets see.

Soundstage is wide and loud and it gives concert like feeling.My main requirment was to listen at low volumes and I guess Luxman with its "Loudness" setting doing the job for me. It has tone and bass controls as well but I was never short of of mids and lows so hardly need to tweak these settings. I leve them to defaults.

Your are right about tube maintenance, I just wanted a hassel free system and the next best thing about tubes specially with Klipsch is Class A so I picked up one.

General preception about Kipsch is that they are too bright but I would say thats is only for HT series speakers not holds for Heritage series.

So in the end I got what I was looking for.

Hope this helps.

BTW, are you going to setup from scratch or upgrading?

Regards
Vivek

Hi

Though its been just a week that I set up everything. I'll try to give you my early impressions of the system. I am not well versed in audio jargon so bear with me :)

I am not new to Klipsch, I owned Klipsch RP-8000F earlier and I tried to fit those in for stereo application along with a Denon AVR. The results were not good. System was too screeching, thin,bright, fatiguing and not intereting at all. I guess wrong choice of equipment for my taste otherwise nothing wrong with the speakers and the AVR. Just the combo was not right for me.

Hence the inspiration to move away from AV equipment to proper stereo equipment. I always had Fortes in my mind due to their looks,build and heritage DNA, and they proved their worth.

How my system sounds now: Its very detailed, crisp,warm no sign of fatige at all, can reproduce finer nuances Its been just around less than 10 hours that I booted up everything, but still first impressions tell a lot about the things to come in future. My cables are less than optimal but still I have no complains. May be if I change all of my cables (already working on it) my system may sound better but do not how much more but lets see.

Soundstage is wide and loud and it gives concert like feeling.My main requirment was to listen at low volumes and I guess Luxman with its "Loudness" setting doing the job for me. It has tone and bass controls as well but I was never short of of mids and lows so hardly need to tweak these settings. I leve them to defaults.

Your are right about tube maintenance, I just wanted a hassel free system and the next best thing about tubes specially with Klipsch is Class A so I picked up one.

General preception about Kipsch is that they are too bright but I would say thats is only for HT series speakers not holds for Heritage series.

So in the end I got what I was looking for.

Hope this helps.

BTW, are you going to setup from scratch or upgrading?

Regards
Vivek

Thank you for that detailed response.

I think you & I have similar requirements - so your post was especially helpful.

I am just moving into a new place so I'm looking to build a system from scratch with something from the Klipsch heritage line. I am also looking at bookshelf speakers to replace the existing speakers at my office - but thats another conversation.

Your Amplifier is wayyy out of my budget so I think I should be looking at a locally sourced cheapish tube/class a amplifier. I have been looking at the Schiit Aegir Power Amp. Unfortunately - I doubt I will be able to audition the Klipschs with the Schiit. So I just have to take the plunge based on what I read.

Would love to hear from you on the cables as and when you upgrade!

Hi FMs

One of our fellow member @jayantadak was interested to listen to a track "Autumn Leaves by Pat Boone" on Fortes. So just recorded few videos along with that one to share with all of you.

So here are few songs played/recorded from my system

1. Speedy Gonzales by Pat Boone - Source Tidal

2. Long After You Are Gone - Chris Jones - Source Tidal

3. Autumn Leaves - Pat Boone - Source You Tube Couldn't find this one on Spotift/Tidal

4. Lyin Eyes - Eagles - Source Tidal

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers.

Hi FMs

One of our fellow member @jayantadak was interested to listen to a track "Autumn Leaves by Pat Boone" on Fortes. So just recorded few videos along with that one to share with all of you.

3. Autumn Leaves - Pat Boone - Source You Tube Couldn't find this one on Spotift/Tidal

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers.
Speedy Gonzales makes you smile.

Hi FMs

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers.
Sub not hooked up with the system.

Some people have problem accessing the links. So sharing almum link. In case some one is interested

Will try to export to YouTube.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back