matching speakers for Harman AVR 255

trapdoor

Dear all,

I am seriously inclied towards the AVR 255 from Harman Kardon. I like the looks of it and i am getting a good deal thru a known friend.

However, i do not want to go for JBL floor standing speakers as they are quite expensive.

If i purchase a sub woofer, Would Wharfedale 9.5 or Mission M34i or Mordaunt Short 906 be a good match as front speakers ? Budget about 25K.

Do post your views..

Will decide by tomorrow..

best..
trapdoor

With only 50wpc, your best bet would be M34i followed by 906i.

@unleash_me - Wow the thread and your count along with mine was nuked.

@all - "unleash_me" too on the 1000th mark of posts and I was just thanking him for the gyan he has shared with us all. Let's all join in and wish that he will carry on for evermore.

Well thanx mate! Its a lotta fun here and i don't think a day has passed with out me checking out the posts :)

This is my outlet to breath from work every 15 minutes or so!

Cheers.

PS: No intention to take a break for detox. Thoroughly enjoying the addiction.

I think HK/ JBL shops have attitude (and pricing to some extent) similar to bo$e. Therefore people don't like it. On the other hand, I think the quality of HK amps is superb.

Hi,

Unleash_me - Congratulations on crossing 1000 posts. It speaks volumes for your ( and Moser's ) enthu for this site and your interest in hi-fi.

Apart from Mission M34i ( which many people consider out dated ) and MS906i, would Polk TSi 300 match with the Harman Kardon AVR 255 ? I plan to get a sub woofer too and the TSi series is quite economical. How would they be for say 3 hours of listening session to classic rock and indian vocals etc..

Polks are 8 ohm speakers and the others are 8 ohm compatible speakers. I think the HK AVR is easy sounding and it may gell with the Poks "a bit bright" sound.

what say ?

best..
trapdoor

Dear all,

I am seriously inclied towards the AVR 255 from Harman Kardon. I like the looks of it and i am getting a good deal thru a known friend.

However, i do not want to go for JBL floor standing speakers as they are quite expensive.

If i purchase a sub woofer, Would Wharfedale 9.5 or Mission M34i or Mordaunt Short 906 be a good match as front speakers ? Budget about 25K.

Do post your views..

Will decide by tomorrow..

best..
trapdoor

Hi,

I would audition the speakers in the particular order Mission > KeF > MS > Wharfedale for pairing with the HK.

Thanks mate.

Coming to Polk and HK. Please do audition. I've not heard them together but have heard them separately many times and I would feel they would be a bit bright though I might be wrong too. But if bright then would certainly fatiguing for 3 hours or more of rock music.

Based on the reviews/views on this forum I believe Mission would be a good choice.

I've personally heard and set up quite a few systems with Wharfies and they are sort of my personal favorites in the budget segment. But I've not yet heard the 10 series from the Wharfies.

Hi,

Unleash_me - Congratulations on crossing 1000 posts. It speaks volumes for your ( and Moser's ) enthu for this site and your interest in hi-fi.

Apart from Mission M34i ( which many people consider out dated ) and MS906i, would Polk TSi 300 match with the Harman Kardon AVR 255 ? I plan to get a sub woofer too and the TSi series is quite economical. How would they be for say 3 hours of listening session to classic rock and indian vocals etc..

Polks are 8 ohm speakers and the others are 8 ohm compatible speakers. I think the HK AVR is easy sounding and it may gell with the Poks "a bit bright" sound.

what say ?

best..
trapdoor

Trapdoor, thanx for the encouragement. Really appreciate it.

TBH, i've never been a fan of Polk. No offense to the existing or potential polk owners. There is something aggressive about the big and the bold impression they gave while playing that puts me off. To me, they lacked intimacy. May be a plus for movies but I'm more of a music fan and polk just doesn't cut it. The only polks I liked were the LSi range but the last time I heard them was few years ago. Only you can make the call here as moserw mentioned.

If I were you, I would to go with marsilians' suggestion for your amp.

..I would audition the speakers in the particular order Mission > KeF > MS > Wharfedale for pairing with the HK.

Happy auditioning.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back