Mecca for audiophiles = where?

suri

Every devout muslim, after having reached a certain age, and after having looked after his family, and after having done his bit by the poor, is expected to head towards Mecca for the final pilgrimage.

I, after having reached this age (48 years), and after having fulfilled my obligations towards my family and society, wish to go on a pilgrimage to the holy locations of sound reproduction to hear and experience the best the world has to offer.

Anywhere in the world, except Japan and China.

Please, forum members, spare a little of your time to think and suggest an ITINERARY that would help me fulfill this objective:)

P.S. i am willing to travel extensively in india, but chary of going abroad:sad:

lol suri,..now this sure is passion!!!i only wish i can do the same sometime in my life.ihe journey has just begun for me and i sincerely hope u find what ur lookin for bro.btw its good to know u stay in kannur,am from kanhangad myself.practically neighbours!!best wishes

Hi,

wish to go on a pilgrimage to the holy locations of sound reproduction to hear and experience the best the world has to offer.

Whoa Man thats some passion you got :clapping:!!

Hmm my two bits, In India the one and only place (taking the availability of brands into account ) Mumbai where practically all the brands are available ;)!! so thats where you should head !

Besides that Bangalore now as Sridhar has some of the most envied brands to offer,next comes Delhi to Audition Mr Viren's creations in its full glory ! Off course on the way to Delhi you can make a pit stop to Audition Cadence in Pune !

Now thats all I can think of in India which is worthwhile the effort that you are planning to put :eek:hyeah:!!

On the other hand if you wish to experience the true mecca there's no place like US ! If Life and Money permits "YOU MUST VIST" Karma Acoustics and Kipnis Studio Standard ! there cannot be any better thing in life to visit then these :p!!

Hope this is of some use to you :p!!

Regards.

CES - Las Vegas. Conducted every year and all the major brands in the world display their current and upcoming products.

Hometech exhibition, happens in many parts of the world. not specific to AV or Hi Fi, but these play a major part. not as big as CES but worth a visit if you are in town.

From my side, I highly recommend a visit to Audissey Showroom in Dubai. They have 21 of the world's finest brands including Wilson Audio, Kharma, Burmester, Lamm, Audio Research, Jolida, Wadia, Anthem, Paradigm and many more.

Recently visited their showroom and was stunned by the performance of Wilson Watt puppy and Kharma Ceramique, never heard anything like these. Unfortuantely the bigger systems didnt impress me....guess wrong set-up.

Even Hindus are supposed to go to theerth yatra, and finally to a jungle - vanprastha ! And it is not just one place - it is all over India. So go around, listen to every teerth, and come back to your lonely music room - the vanprastha and enjoy the bliss forever.

Every devout muslim, after having reached a certain age, and after having looked after his family, and after having done his bit by the poor, is expected to head towards Mecca for the final pilgrimage.

CES - Las Vegas. Conducted every year and all the major brands in the world display their current and upcoming products.

I would say Hong Kong is the best place to visit as an audiophile..it has all brands across all price ranges and much more competitive prices thatn any other place. their Audio show is highly rated..so is the taiwan audio show.

US is the best but the problem is the distance to travel for each brand...

How about Rockey Mountain Audio Fest, held yearly. Is that a good place to go?

Well is it only audio or electronic goods in general? If the latter then nothing like Akihabara in Tokyo, Japan.

Otherwise CES was good, but it's been downscaled the last couple of years and not much of a joy to listen and audition. The U.S. has all the premier companies showcasing their stuff since the market there is huge. Otherwise our very good neighbor Honk Hong is a great option too. But you have to travel all over the place as all will not be housed in one centralized location.

The Rocky Mountain Audio Fest is the place to go. And consider this - there are a lot of brands/products [excellent but sometimes little known] that are not sold in stores but only directly online - they all come to showoff there. Mecca is right.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back