Media Player 3D support

SarveshMathur

Hi,

Bought a P42ST30 and have been playing HS stuff from laptop via HDMI cable on the TV.

Looking for a good media player. Though not a big 3D buff, would prefer to have a media player with 3D support.

Also, is there a difference in PQ/effects when playing 3D from a media player as opposed to when played from the laptop?

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

Bought a P42ST30 and have been playing HS stuff from laptop via HDMI cable on the TV.

Looking for a good media player. Though not a big 3D buff, would prefer to have a media player with 3D support.

Also, is there a difference in PQ/effects when playing 3D from a media player as opposed to when played from the laptop?

Thanks and Regards,

HS=HD?

How are you planning to play 3D Stuff from laptop? Does your laptop support 3D? Any specific reason why you would want to go for Media Player as opposed to Blu Ray Player?

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Check out the new Asus Oplay TV Pro .I have bought it in Mumbai at Rs. 11500.00.The only problem the unit has the DVB-T which is available in India but lacks content e.g DD Plus ( i cant even get that at my home )

Hi,
Based on my knowledge, as of now only Himedia HD900B & Xtreamer Prodigy can play all current types of 3D content (including 3D BD ISO).

I own HD900B but have not tried 3D as do not have 3d tv yet. In 2d mode, have tried 3d iso like Cora line, Rio & This is it etc, all around 45gb on and off the network.
Apart from that have tried every feature of the media player (A/V formats, DVD/BD iso, Android apps & online content like utube, internet radio, facebook, picassa etc and it works flawlessly). Have even flashed custom firmware which includes additional apps and movie jukebox.

Just thought of sharing....

Thanks

Hi,
Based on my knowledge, as of now only Himedia HD900B & Xtreamer Prodigy can play all current types of 3D content (including 3D BD ISO).

I own HD900B but have not tried 3D as do not have 3d tv yet. In 2d mode, have tried 3d iso like Cora line, Rio & This is it etc, all around 45gb on and off the network.
Apart from that have tried every feature of the media player (A/V formats, DVD/BD iso, Android apps & online content like utube, internet radio, facebook, picassa etc and it works flawlessly). Have even flashed custom firmware which includes additional apps and movie jukebox.

Just thought of sharing....

Thanks
How much did you buy that for? Also can you PM me the details on the 3D content that you have got from?

Bought the TV for 65k.

Laptop probably does not 'support' 3D. It just plays the file via VLC player and the TV recognizes that it is a 3D format file and plays it accordingly. Borrowed the 3D movie file from a friend.

At this point I am not considering a Blu Ray player due to cost constraints. Will definitely go for it in a few months. Have plans to buy a decent A/V receiver too for which I will bug all you experts again :D

I am told that Xtreamer sidewinder3 supports 3D. is that a good media player?

Where can I check and order the Asus Oplay TV pro? When I check for media player online I get a lot of info for WD and Iomega which have not impressed me so far.

Forgive me for being naive. Am an absolute Newbie!!:)

How much did you buy that for? Also can you PM me the details on the 3D content that you have got from?

I got it for 199 US$ about 5 months back. My friend got it along with him while returning from US. No point talking about 3d source, everything is blocked as per HC order.

Regards,

Amit

Does it make sense to get a media player without 3D support and get a Blu Ray player that supports 3D? I do not intend to play 3D stuff all that frequently. A good 3D Blu Ray player would easily cost 15k which is not what I intend to spend at this point.

I use Micca EP600 g2. It costs $120 from amazon.com. its a himedia clone.

If ur 3d interest is just fleeting, imho 3d sbs is the least expensive way to get quality 3d! 3d sbs movies can give pretty good 3d effects, which u can get from the net for free & can play on ur 3d tv out of the box or any HD media player like the PCH can do that,as my pch does! ...just get a good 3d googles & 3d sbs content.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back