Metro Music Hall - Kolkata

The Kolkata community is thriving and it is all great!
Today forum members joysen2002 and S. Basu visited my place to pickup my Sonodyne Sia 320. I sold it.

More importantly we had a good time exploring music and listening to things together. I discovered that my old Marantz pm151 is quite a gem of an amp. :D

Thanks Shuv, RMCWS and Saheb to come to my place. It was a wonderful afternoon. It doesn't seemed like we met for the first time.

I am very impressed with your knowledge and deployment indeed. I had a feeling that I do not have discerning ears and you proved me correct even I feel I had a demotion by a few notch after listening to your quick opinions.

What a well judged ears you have - mind blowing man. Hence I have decided to stay on my compartment i.e. listen to music and don't take a foray in audiophile world.

I have the pre-owned stuff and carefully re-capped and maintained by our technician mentor in Kolkata Ashoke Mondal. And I consider myself lucky to achieve entry/ mid level hifi gears at very low price.

Regarding my collection, I have spent like anything to get on hold mint or near mint vinyls and EMI Made in UK/ USA ACDs of Pancham da. I know a sedan could wait in future but not the mint condition vinyls.

Let's take this opportunity to meet very soon.

Jai Pancham da,

Sourav

Thanks @shuv da and @RMCWS da, I didn't think you would like it so much, thanks for the complimentary words, some coming time I would like for you to listen to my setup.

And if only we had access to a better dac or passive pre.

--------------------------

Please, don't forget to invite me. I lost the opportunity to be at Sourav's place, because of earthquake and rain. Next time, hopefully, I won't miss

Had a great time at the place of Shibasish...went there to take his Amp, spent wonderful time discussing music...and I must say that I love his Usher BS.. :D ...what an amazing pair of BS it is...

@Shibashis you can try new generation Rotel amps with Usher V-601. I have got good results with Rotel Ra-01 after trying couple of Nads and vintage Rotel and Marantz . :)

Had a great time yesterday visiting lp shops in Kolkata with Bhaskar and Sourav. Afternoon was spent buying lps, discussing music. Ended with great biryani at Arsalan. Thanks Bhaskar and Sourav for your great hospitality

Fantastic! Lots happening in Kolkata lately. Great to know. Kolkata should be like this owing to her musical history :)

Not just that Koushik da, it is great to see FMs from other places chip in and appreciate it. Perhaps in a small way just goes to show and reiterate the fact that Music is an universal language and the one passion which binds us all.

Precisely for this reason when us 5 met on the excuse of MMH we could meet, greet and share without inhibition, without pretension and there was a general feeling of camaraderie and belonging even when none of us really knew each other. It was the same when FM joysen2002 came to my place audition the Sonodyne amp and went home feeling love struck by the Ushers! :eek:hyeah::lol:

Still a big number of music+audio lovers from Kolkata are missing and our mission is to unite them in a gang.

I think audiophile and music lovers are complementary and supplementary to each other. Knowledge sharing is the key to success for all of us and that is happening also in our whatsapp thread. I came to know of borderlinx, DAC etc from the forum only. A breeze to my analogue journey also.

Still a big number of music+audio lovers from Kolkata are missing and our mission is to unite them in a gang.

I think audiophile and music lovers are complementary and supplementary to each other. Knowledge sharing is the key to success for all of us and that is happening also in our whatsapp thread. I came to know of borderlinx, DAC etc from the forum only. A breeze to my analogue journey also.

Yes, I also discovered the thread later.... It is really interesting have a meet.

Dear friends,

Can u add me 9439044238. I work in Rourkela Orissa but home is in Barasat Kolkata.

I miss my vinyls so much, I go after every 2 -3 months then no coming out my ht room till i am sufficed.

Would love to invite you to get suggestions from you all .

Regards,

Dipayan Ghosh

Dear friends,

Can u add me 9439044238. I work in Rourkela Orissa but home is in Barasat Kolkata.

I miss my vinyls so much, I go after every 2 -3 months then no coming out my ht room till i am sufficed.

Would love to invite you to get suggestions from you all .

Regards,

Dipayan Ghosh

Dada,
You're already here :eek:hyeah::D

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back