Metro Music Hall - Kolkata

I wish I am there in Kolkata.
Anyway, enjoy your time together.
We will meet some other day.
MMH might be close that day, will it not be better to call them for confirmation about their shop opening on 18th?

If 18th is the only option, then I suggest meeting at one's place.

Election will be almost over by 4PM and MMH is easily reachable by metro from both south and north of Kolkata. But I don't think MMH will remain open on 18th and so other LP sellers in that area.

Can't we make it on 11th April?
On bigger and brighter note, can't we meet once a month and discuss about AV gears and music & movies?

What is your take on?

On bigger and brighter note, can't we meet once a month and discuss about AV gears and music & movies?

What is your take on?

Monthly meet is a great idea. I am quite surprised why we (the Calcuttans) already don't have a HFV club here. Given so many active members from the city. It will be helpful for all to share & grow that way. And at least we will get to know some long time friends in real world rather than this virtual place.

Regards,
Bhaskar

Can't we make it on 11th April?

What is your take on?

I am boarding train on 10th and only reach Kolkata on 11th after 6pm if train is on time. Not possible for me. How about 17th (Friday). I have some work in the morning and I shall be free by 4 pm to join all.

Monthly meet is great idea and every month you can meet at a different member's house. I will not be able to make it but can get to see pics and others' observation.

Last edited:
18th being the Election day is not advisable to meet. 17th is alright with me, or 14th as the original plan was. I know it is in the middle of the week, but is it possible to meet toward the evening?

Monthly meet is a great idea. I am quite surprised why we (the Calcuttans) already don't have a HFV club here. Given so many active members from the city. It will be helpful for all to share & grow that way. And at least we will get to know some long time friends in real world rather than this virtual place.

Regards,
Bhaskar

This is a great idea Bhaskar da. We can meet monthly.

Friends,
I think if we start checking the availability of all people in Kolkata then it will be difficult to finalise the date. So lets check and finalise a date which most of us is comfortable with. For me, I don't think i can make it on 17th but still if most of us can, then please lets go ahead.

As I am in the city for few days only, so sorry for selecting the meeting date on my term. Please let this happen with all the FMs who can make it on that day, I am sure all of you together will make a meetup another day in the weekends or public holiday.

Please lets share our mobile/whatspp numbers so that we can contact each other on that day. Please PM me your numbers, I will sms/whatsapp back.

Thanks,
Koushik.

I have Pm-ed Koushik with my contact details. Hope to meet you guys on 17th.

Thanks.

As things stand this will be a nice audio meet, although not all of us Kolkata members will be able to make it, still this can be a precursor for future meets. MMH is just a nice excuse! :)

An update: I picked up an old Marantz PM151 from MMH yesterday for 7k, it is in working order and the sound is good while not extraordinary. By its looks and designs it seems to be an entry level offering from early 90s, still marginally better than my Sonodyne Sia 320!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back