Metrum Acoustics™ India - Introduction

Hello

I am auditioning onyx. I am into headphone audio. This is my first audition with a NOS R2R DAC. I am really impressed by it. Onyx offers a different sound signature as compared to my Chord Hugo 2. It has a relaxed , musical , detailed sound with no harshness, no shrill. It is quite comparable to my friend's 2 channel analogue setup in terms of tonality & sheer analogue sound.
It performs better than my other DACs. It pairs well with Violectric V281 headphone amp by Lake People.
Mr. Sunder is really helpful & cleared all my doubts.

Thanks

View attachment 31395

View attachment 31401

View attachment 31397
Onyx Rear Side with Audioquest Water RCA cables

View attachment 31398

View attachment 31400

Violectric V281 Headphone Amp
Thanks for your feedback :)) We are very glad that you liked it better than other high end dacs

Some pricing and availability details would be helpful :)

After auditioning Metrum onyx, I was very impressed by their sound signature i.e. close to analogue.
So I went ahead and got Pavane L3 i2s + Ambre. Decided to sacrifice usb altogether.
Last 24 hours has completely changed my perception of music. The tonality is simply outstanding. The pitch black background, deep & tall soundstage is a treat for ears. The sound is so natural.No coloration. On vocal jazz tracks, the mids are lush, bodied, natural, emotional & textured. There is an excellent imaging & layering of instruments, vocals in a three dimensional space.

A special word on the black background/noise floor. Pavane has a very low noise floor -155db at 2v rms. This helps in presenting the subtle background sounds which gets drowned in noise (RF,EMI,ground loops).The microdetails are so evident, one does not require extra effort to focus on these sounds, They are just there in front of you. Now I can easily enjoy music in peace without any sort of fatigue.

I had auditioned Chord Dave alongside my hugo2 a month back. I didn't experienced the same level of enjoyment or eargasm.
The sound from pavane is just effortless, no harshness/edginess/sibilance.Some may feel as HF roll off, that's not the matter at all.
I don't miss Chord Dave at all tbh.

The built quality is awesome. It weighs around 10 kgs. The black glass top adds class to its body.

Metrum recommends 3-4 weeks of burn in for pavane. Will report back.

Thank you Mr. Anjo @Spinning & Mr. Sunder @Metrum Acoustics for helping me out with the purchase & clearing all my queries.

Pavane is the best DAC I have ever heard in my short audiophile journey. Metrum have hit the bulls eye with pavane.

Cheers

20181102_145359 -2.jpg

20181102_145433.jpg

20181102_150118.jpg

20181102_145953.jpg

just a small feedback for Metrum Audio..

the metrum audio website i find if stuffed with too much information and too many choices..

there are 13 products under the products category... and its not categorised - work wise-

there is a chat pop up that pops up too soon..

would be better if the site is rationalised in a way to load fast and for easy visibility and quick availability of information..

somehow the simplicity is missing..

i went looking for a simple USB DAC and i came out confused with too much jargon.

Maybe i am not too much of a computer sudio guy here but..

Hope you will take constructive feedback..

this is just what i feel..

i put this feedback here as i wish you well.

regards and a happy new year..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back