Metrum Acoustics India

This would continue to happen till our Consumer protection laws are not sufficiently tightened - in word and enforcement. A manufacturer cannot not provide local service support for goods sold through their local distributor - current or past. If the distributor has left them and new one isn’t appointed yet, they should pay for the shipment customer bears to send it to the nearest service center overseas. Unless this becomes a law and is enforced, customers would be left high and dry.

I don’t think it’s about small or big companies. Also, there are notable exceptions. Someone mentioned Lyrita, I am experiencing their committed support - it’s in a different league. But here we are talking of international manufactures who are present in the Indian market through their distributors. Can we list our positive experiences with such companies also here so others know which brands stand by their promise? It can help some of us make future purchase decisions.

There are few good large companies that are not afraid to promptly reply to customers queries and not just redirect to the dealers, one's that in my experience have provided exemplary response are SVS, Primaluna, KEF. Other members can chime in with their experiences with other manufacturers. Although promptness of reply and eagerness to resolve issues/provide support are two different parameters, if possible we should quantify both.

Speaking of support (as distinct from servicing/repair), I have similarly found Cambridge Audio being very responsive whenever I have written to them for help/with suggestions

I feel that manufacturers are more at fault. Ultimately it's between customer and manufacturer.
They also know they are not making any mass market product.
So if such issue arises they have to take care of their customers.

Why should it be any different even if it’s a product made for mass market? Terms and conditions during sale should be binding, without caveats for all products. If someone can afford only a Rs 10k mass product, the 10k loss pinches that person as much as a 2 lac loss will pinch the person who can afford a premium product.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is actually disappointing. They made some great stuff. I loved their amethyst dac when I was offered one for home audition. That was something no other manufacturer or dealer in India offered. Me and my friends in hyderabad all took turns trying it out for almost 20 days. Besides I also use their metrum Ambre as a roon end point, which by the way sounds lovely too. Sad to see them exit from our market.

I am using Metrum Acoustics's DAC (Jade) and streamer (Amber) since last , products are very good but very sad to know they are not present in India since last 9 months.

I have been using the metrum octave mk2 for quite some time now. Sad to know that Cees has left metrum.somehow the octave (for the money) served the right cocktail of tonal density and detail that I have not heard in that price class of dacs.

A number of Indian audio guys offer excellent service. Pulz Mumbai is one example. Have heard very good service reviews on Ahuja, also
Hi
I would agree on the service provided by Pulz.
I purchased a used Pulz system on OLX and after a few months it started giving issues .
I approached Pulz office@ Andheri and they serviced my Amplifiers and made it to Factory specs.
Delivery came in under a week once I agreed to the quotation.
Service and support by Pulz is hugely appreciated which made me decide to go for their higher options when I go for my next upgrade.
Such service gives you peace of mind and brings a smile to the customers.
Regards
Manoj

Metrum Acoustics/All Engineering B.V. is now bankrupt.(26thFeb'20)

Sorry for being absent here for long time. As a matter of fact I was an employee of the Metrum acoustics and not a dealer and I am no longer employed by the company. The company is closed now. However for those people who own metrum products if they face any issue can contact me I will help regarding the service. As a matter of fact all the people who own Metrum DAC has my contact detail and are in contact with me for any support so nothing to worry. Continue to enjoy the product

Sorry for being absent here for long time. As a matter of fact I was an employee of the Metrum acoustics and not a dealer and I am no longer employed by the company. The company is closed now. However for those people who own metrum products if they face any issue can contact me I will help regarding the service. As a matter of fact all the people who own Metrum DAC has my contact detail and are in contact with me for any support so nothing to worry. Continue to enjoy the product

Good to know you are willing to honor the warranty on all dacs sold in india and so all the owners are in safe hands.

I agree his support is exemplary , in addition to being passionate about music, and its reproduction. One of a peer group of knowledgeable audiophiles , with the genuine intent to serve .
The other thing is that he NEVER trashes a brand he does’nt distribute.
Never holds back on praise if he thinks the sound is very good .
I‘m sure all of us have our taste of certain “ personalities” who don’t hold back on trashing a brand he/she doesn’t sell !
Even worse - God help you if you mention that you like/ own that competing brand . They’ll bring the wrath of their self-professed God - down on you .
Last are those who wax eloquent on the Brands they’re now selling (Naturally) only to either trash that very brand the day they jettison it, and/or disown support .
These latter types are so self absorbed, they complain about the shrunk client base and wonder why ?

Hi
I would agree on the service provided by Pulz.
I purchased a used Pulz system on OLX and after a few months it started giving issues .
I approached Pulz office@ Andheri and they serviced my Amplifiers and made it to Factory specs.
Delivery came in under a week once I agreed to the quotation.
Service and support by Pulz is hugely appreciated which made me decide to go for their higher options when I go for my next upgrade.
Such service gives you peace of mind and brings a smile to the customers.
Regards
Manoj
Hi
Upgraded my Power Amp to Pulz HA 440 finally this year 2021.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back