Micro Seiki MB-14 arrived today

sachu888

Hi,

Just got the delivery of Micro Seiki MB-14 in perfect condition.It has never been used new in a box.I haven't plugged it though.It has a voltage rating of 120v 60hz.I have bought Maxcon voltage converter socket, which converts 22v to 110 V and model no is M75A-50 watts.Will this work with this?Please advice.I will add pics later.

Regards,

Sachin

It has a voltage rating of 120v 60hz.I have bought Maxcon voltage converter socket, which converts 22v to 110 V and model no is M75A-50 watts.Will this work with this?Please advice.

Sachin,
Does the Maxcon say anything about converting from 50 to 60 Hz? If it is only voltage downconversion, speed may be wrong when you play. Why don't you try it out? The only hitch I can think of is the speed issue if freq remains 50Hz.
Joshua

Sachin,
Does the Maxcon say anything about converting from 50 to 60 Hz? If it is only voltage downconversion, speed may be wrong when you play. Why don't you try it out? The only hitch I can think of is the speed issue if freq remains 50Hz.
Joshua

No it will have 50hz only,seller sent me a 50hz pulley which I have installed on tt.

Regards,

Sachin

No it will have 50hz only,seller sent me a 50hz pulley which I have installed on tt.

So freq is taken care of. Are you apprehensive that the voltage from the Maxcon will really be 110V? If that's your worry, please check the voltage using a DMM. I have used a 40W rated (IIRC) Maxcon 220V-to-110V converter and it worked fine on US voltage equipment.
Joshua

So freq is taken care of. Are you apprehensive that the voltage from the Maxcon will really be 110V? If that's your worry, please check the voltage using a DMM. I have used a 40W rated (IIRC) Maxcon 220V-to-110V converter and it worked fine on US voltage equipment.
Joshua

This is written on the switch :
Input: 220/240AC - 50/60hz
Output: 110/120v AC
50 watts

For telephone,calculators,Cassette players,Razors,Camras,battery rechargers,strobes etc.

Regards,

Sachin

Congrats! how did you pay for it?

Micro Seiki quite possibly could be called the king or turn table manufacturers, it looks very good in those pics you posted.

Its almost INR 20k including custom duty.

Regards,

Sachin

That is a reasonable price for the Japanese made piece of art, although this particular turn table is rather very affordable to buy in the second hand turn table market.

That is a reasonable price for the Japanese made piece of art, although this particular turn table is rather very affordable to buy in the second hand turn table market.

Its a very reasonable price for new in a box TT, considering shipping,duty,octroi etc. and its certainly better than current entry level players of similar prices.

Regards,

Sachin

Hi Sachin,

WOW, the Micro Seiki looks Gorgeous :licklips: Congrats :)
Please do keep us posted on the TT as the hours are put into it playing your choice of music. The Rosewood Plinth looks beautiful. Hope its sounds as good as it looks.
Please provide the details of the Phono/Amp/Speakers you are going to pair it with. What about the Cart/Tonearm? Lots of questions but request you to answer them as the TT bug is biting me very badly :D

Best Wishes

Hi Sachin,

WOW, the Micro Seiki looks Gorgeous :licklips: Congrats :)
Please do keep us posted on the TT as the hours are put into it playing your choice of music. The Rosewood Plinth looks beautiful. Hope its sounds as good as it looks.
Please provide the details of the Phono/Amp/Speakers you are going to pair it with. What about the Cart/Tonearm? Lots of questions but request you to answer them as the TT bug is biting me very badly :D

Best Wishes
Hi ,
Yes it sounds as good as it look.Here are details of my system
Cartridge : Shure M55E
Tonearm: stock arm
Phono stage: DIY CNC phono
Amp: Technics Su-8022

Few more pics :

Regards,

Sachin

Attachments

• DSC04607.jpg
    DSC04607.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC04609.jpg
    DSC04609.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 111
Congrats on your Micro Seiki Sachu. Read good things about your TT. I would recommend your using a proper stepdown transformer than a Maxcon. I have seen a Maxcon and it does not inspire confidence.

The Rosewood Plinth looks beautiful. Hope its sounds as good as it looks.
Yup looks superb. Wood grain pattern reminds me of Shaizada's Omegas.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back