Micromax 40T2820FHD 101 cm (40) LED TV - My story

RMCWS

WHY MICROMAX?
Mostly because of the cost factor. I was looking for a second TV exclusively for daily soaps in SD for my family. Budget was around Rs.20-25000. Size requirement was minimum 32 as I was about to replace a 25 CRT. And suddenly I noticed the super attractive price in flipkart for a 40.

EXPERIENCE WITH FLIPKART

I was a bit hesitant to order something such big (in terms of volume) from flipkart but I couldnt resist the lucrative offer. I got the Micromax 40T2820FHD 101 cm (40) LED TV for Rs.19391. The price includes general discount + Rs.1500 for old tv + 10% on HDFC. I ordered the TV on 4th February at around 10PM and the TV was delivered to me (Kolkata) on 6th February at 12:30 noon. They delivered it from their Dankuni Warehouse and it was super fast. The delivery personnel opened the packet and asked me to check if there is any physical damage/ usage etc. And then the took the old TV with them.

INSTALLATION
After getting the tv, I called up micromax customer care in order to fix an appointment for installation. Though it was unnecessary as flipkart itself has arranged/ fixed the installation appointment for me with micromax. The tv was installed (just the base installation as I didnt want it on the wall) on 7th February at 5PM, within a day from the delivery of the TV as promised.

EXPERIENCE WITH THE TV
It is a well built, decent looking tv. I am not going into specs as they are available online. The picture quality in SD is as usual. I have a SONY 40 but could not really differentiate between the quality. My source is a SD-Set top box connected via AV cable and I think the quality might increase if a HD box/ hdmi is used. Since I do not have subscription to HD channels I cannot comment on its quality.

I attached a 16GB pen drive and tried to play few movies. Some skips and some do not produce sound but they work perfectly in my HT set up (HTPC). So I guess, micromax is unable to support all formats played through usb. However, I faced the same problem with format when I tried to play them on my sony TV directly.

However the files which played looked decent. The picture quality / color is vibrant and black IS black. I am yet to play any bluray and hope to do that over weekends.

Sound quality is good when you compare to any LEDs. My room size is 17x12x 11(H) and the viewing distance is around 14-15 and with 35%-50% of volume, the entire room is very filled up. It sounds a lot better (or louder) than my existing Sony TV.

I am not sure whether extended warranty is available or not but if available it is better to get for peace of mind. Electronic goods cannot be trusted irrespective of brands and any product can go wrong any time. This TV is good for casual tv viewing/ secondary tv. The PQ may not be as good as Sony or Samsung, but comparing the 3x lesser price, it is worth buying.

That is a good feedback, even though it is a new product and one can not comment on reliability at this point. Thank you for sharing.
If their phones are anything to go by then while them not being stellar at least they can be termed as decent. An average phone now a days has an average lifespan of a couple of years, a Micromax would last about the same and so no gripe their. If it is the same for their TV then people can not complain given the price they pay.

UPDATES:

I got some time today so decided to try playing HD content.

Source - Sony BDP
Content - Paa bluray.

The picture was crystal clear. As good as any tv (at least my Sony). If we do a comparison side by side, then one might can find a difference but that will be very negligible considering the huge price difference. The font size of sub was okay, similar size to other tv.

Played the entire movie with 50% volume of the TV and it was sufficient. (Now don't compare with any HT sounds). Even the sound of drizzling at the end of the movie (if you remember it) when Abhishek and Vidya Balan was talking was very clear.

I mentioned in my first post that I was unable to play many movies from the USB directly but when I connected the USB to my BDP it acted as a good media player and the movies which earlier created trouble playing, played well via BDP.

I don't know how long this TV will perform, but right now I am very satisfied and it is really a value for money product.

Even the sound of drizzling at the end of the movie when Abhishek and Vidya Balan was talking was very clear.

Got this tv a month back . For this price this is a great buy. . But has some issues . Eg. Picture has some blue tinge , remote is not ergonomic , on screen menu sucks. But when ever i find some bad about the tv , price comes to my mind and i console myself . Overall this tv is awesome

Hey!
Just got a micromax 40inch (2810) delivered from amazon. Loved the piece, but its not recognising any file from the USB/hard drive. It shows the main folders but i can't see any file inside.
Can anyone help regarding this?
Thanks in advance.

Koushik

What's your feedback Dada? I'm also tempted a bit to upgrade my old 37 inch with the 50 inch Micromax.

George - I can share my experience with you as well if that's okay. I upgraded from a 32" Videocon 3D LED TV to the 50" Micromax. I definitely couldn't see much of a difference from the two, however the 50incher stood out when playing HD content. I was in awe with the picture quality and I dint even have to change any picture settings. SD viewing is alright and mostly depends from channel to channel. Sound is not bad at all. I mostly use my HT. I really don't get bothered on how the TV menu looks etc and the remote is also just fine. USB and Hard drives work just fine however does not play DTS. The TV is huge and very stylish. I got this wall mounted. I would reckon, buy with confidence unless you are very very picky about big brands and want top quality of everything which comes with a huge price tag. At this 34k price point, this 50incher is a clear winner to me!

Last edited:
Koushik

What's your feedback Dada? I'm also tempted a bit to upgrade my old 37 inch with the 50 inch Micromax.

Very very positive. The picture quality to price ratio is very high. It is certainly a great buy for person on budget. Go for it if you want to. Highly recommended.

I have a review thread on this TV and also there is a micromax TV owners' thread. You will get our feedback there, which is positive all the way.

The TV is huge and very stylish.

Agree on this completely. The TV doesn't reflect its cheap price in any way. The panel looks good. Plastic material is also very good. Connectors on the back and side panels also look very good. The power cord is thick and of quality. Not like those hard & brittle plastics that takes scratches easily.

Micromax TV threads have started to intrigue me. I am not a fan of their phones but then many many people are using it and are not too unhappy about it. I thought I should try a comparison.

Newegg is as we all know are one of the most popular online retailer in US.
Now a Samsung Full HD smart TV in the US costs $377 - Samsung UN40H5203 40" Class 1080p 60Hz Smart LED HDTV - Newegg.com

A principle gripe against Micromax is the quality of the components used in their products, same doubts persist with their TVs now as well. They are justified in their own way, but a Samsung FHD 40" smart TV at around 23000? Do we debate about the quality here? Probably not as it is from Samsung we pretty much take it for granted.

Now here on Flipkart a Micromax FHD 40" : Buy Micromax 40T2810FHD 101 cm (40) LED TV Online at best Prices In India

Again at 23000, why then should we complain and nag about quality?

Hope they offer paid additional warranty for 2 to three years. many fence sitters including me would be tempted to take the leap. For Rs 35000 also i require an assurance of three years ;after all it is not free. Hope Micromax listens.

Back