prelude

After one month of research I came down to 3 models
my need was around 40 inch at around Rs 30000 with best possible PQ
I narrowed my choice to 3 tvs

1 LG 42 pn 4500 plasma
LG 42PN4500 42 Inches PDP HD Plasma Television - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
Pros
its LG
( I dont care plasma vs LED as i didn't see much difference between this and the next 2 LED TVs)
Cons
No FHD ...hence I miss in Full HD ext vedio quality although DTH cable PQ wont matter

No PC in and only one HDMI ....its very important to me as I am planning to watch movies as well

2 Toshiba 39P2305 39

Pros
3 years warranty
cons
39 inch looks quite smaller ....it looks like a big brother of 32 inch ....I am bit more inclined to 42 inch

3 AOC LE 42 A3320/61
AOC LE 42 A3320/61 42 Inches Full HD LED SNB Television - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Presently I am inclined towards this TV bcoz
1 42 inch
2 PC in
3 most importantly stunning looks ...its external looks are far superior to the LG and Toshiba

cons
only 1 year warranty
AOC is a relatively unknown brand

I have seen both the 3 in showroom and the picture quality in HD DTH is almost same in the 3 TVs ( black levels etc )
LG wins in SD channels among the 3
AOC and Toshiba draws in FHD external video(blue ray ) but scores over LG

My mind says I should get Toshiba ( as it offers 3 yrs warranty ) while my heart has fallen in love with the little known AOC for its stunning looks and 42 inch size

shall I listen to mind or heart ....please suggest

Don't know about plasmas but the upscaling in my LG 47LA6910 is brilliant, even with downloaded movies via USB, PQ is awesome.

Look at VU brand too. They some good TVs, you can check them at croma, but if you buying, buy online as the price is cheaper.

My First preference would have been LG.. as its not a FULL HD and Plasma i would close my eyes and take AOC but then Toshiba is worth looking.

So forget about LG.. take AOC or TOSHIBA.. see if you could demo these two models somewhere.. or contact someone who are using these models.

I believe Toshiba has better brand value than AOC..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back