Mission 34i or Mordaunt short Aviano 2

sentinel

I have Norge concerto gold 1000 Amp.

what should i choose between Mission 34i or Mordaunt short Aviano 2.

Can Monitor Audio M2 be connected to my amp (100W@6ohm).

Is Aviano2 worth the 5K more then MA M2.

Aviano s are awesome... very good bass response and sound clarity..
and BTW Your Norge amp can drive the Missions and avianos easily.. Wats d quote u r getting for MA M2s and Avaiano 2..

Last edited:
Aviano s are awesome... very good bass response and sound clarity..
and BTW Your Norge amp can drive the Missions and avianos easily.. Wats d quote u r getting for MA M2s and Avaiano 2..

Bhaiti
I beg to differ only in that with the norge-mission combo, the amp tends to run out of breath at less than 1 o'clock, though I must, in all fairness, add that it sounds very nice till it begins to clip. IMHO, a more powerful amp is what the missions need. I sold the amp as I want to retain the spkrs, although they have a small -ve due to being rear ported, whereby they need 15'' space behind to avoid boomy resonant & residual bass. So, if the MSs are front ported(cant recall) and have lesser power handling capacity and you intend to hang onto the norge, go for MS. However, if the ans to any of the three is No, then the missions offer better value.
Now, the MA M2 or even tannoy mercury v1 pr is more suited with the norge 1000. Better to buy these if you want to retain the norge for long. Neither should cost more than 13k. Maybe 500 more for the tannoys.
HTH
Regards

Last edited:
I beg to differ only in that with the norge-mission combo, the amp tends to run out of breath at less than 1 o'clock, though I must, in all fairness, add that it sounds very nice till it begins to clip. IMHO, a more powerful amp is what the missions need. I sold the amp as I want to retain the spkrs, although they have a small -ve due to being rear ported, whereby they need 15'' space behind to avoid boomy resonant & residual bass. So, if the MSs are front ported(cant recall) and have lesser power handling capacity and you intend to hang onto the norge, go for MS. However, if the ans to any of the three is No, then the missions offer better value.

I used both Mission M32i and Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 2 speakers. M-S Mezzo 2 are easy on the amp than Mission M32i speakers. I believe Mission M34i would be even tough for an amp like Norge to drive them.
M-S Aviano and Mezzo 1 are rear ported where as M-S Mezzo 2 are front ported.

I was skeptical about the MA M2 because they are rated at 100W@6ohm
and if someone keeps the knob in right position the speakers might blow because i think the Norge 1000 is 125W@4ohm per channel.

I was considering MA M2 because of less budget , 6 1/2 " mid bass driver, it's front ported and would be less finicky for placement. I would not be buying speaker stands so keeping a bookshelf away from wall would be a problem.

I intend to keep the Norge 1000 Amp and wont be upgrading speakers after I buy them for atleast another 5 years and i am not buying a sub for these.

I ll be going by your word since there is no much auditioning possible here.
Combination sounding slightly bright is ok but mellow is strict no-no .

I was skeptical about the MA M2 because they are rated at 100W@6ohm
and if someone keeps the knob in right position the speakers might blow because i think the Norge 1000 is 125W@4ohm per channel.

I was considering MA M2 because of less budget , 6 1/2 " mid bass driver, it's front ported and would be less finicky for placement. I would not be buying speaker stands so keeping a bookshelf away from wall would be a problem.

I intend to keep the Norge 1000 Amp and wont be upgrading speakers after I buy them for atleast another 5 years and i am not buying a sub for these.

I ll be going by your word since there is no much auditioning possible here.
Combination sounding slightly bright is ok but mellow is strict no-no .

One, If someone can carry these for you from the US of A, nothing like it at this price-performance ratio, IMHO.

HSU HB-1 Horn Bookshelf Speaker

Two, rest assured that the Norge 1000 (or any similarly rated amp) is not capable of blowing up any bookshelf speaker worth its existence. The 125 w @ 4 ohm rating (of the 1000) barely translates to 60-65 w @ 8 ohms, at most. The M2 is a great buy, too, but nowhere near the above HSUs. Also consider the Tannoy mercury V1s at abt the same price. There is a world of good bookshelves from the likes of mission, wharfedale, mordaunt short, kef, psb, q-acoustics etc. i suggest you carry your amp along for auditions and after detailed auditioning (with your favourite Nos in your own CDs), choose and then pick what you like best within the budget that you have in mind. Just make sure you go for a front-ported speaker for more flexible placement close to the wall.
HTH
Regards

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back