Mission QX2

nilesh pathania

Dear all,

My present setup is Marantz pm6005 with Boston acoustics A26 speakers. What to upgrade the speakers. What according to you is the best pair for amp.
Interested in QX2 due to Bass response as per online reviews. But problem is only a few reviews are available online. Want to finalise any following speakers mostly for bollywood new music.

Mission QX2
Q acoustic 3030i
Elac 6.2

Regards,
Nilesh

Hi, I'm not sure you will get that substantial difference between BA A26 to the speakers mentioned by you, (I've auditioned all of them)
not sure if you want to add a SW to your current setup and see

Hi, I'm not sure you will get that substantial difference between BA A26 to the speakers mentioned by you, (I've auditioned all of them)
Curious...What was your best find after the auditions?

The difference is substantial, very substantial.

The QX-2 wipes the floor with them. Its akin to comparing an Alto to a Mercedes, may it be sound/looks/build quality.

I know because i have a BA A26 and the Mission QX-2 back home. And while i have the BA A26 powered by a decent stereo amp (Marantz PM6006), the QX-2 outshines it, nay trounces it, while being powered by a feeble Marantz NR1509.

Dear all,

My present setup is Marantz pm6005 with Boston acoustics A26 speakers. What to upgrade the speakers. What according to you is the best pair for amp.
Interested in QX2 due to Bass response as per online reviews. But problem is only a few reviews are available online. Want to finalise any following speakers mostly for bollywood new music.

Mission QX2
Q acoustic 3030i
Elac 6.2

Regards,
Nilesh
The Missions QX-2s bass response is stellar, even while powered by weak amps. Fantastic sound all round. Haven't heard the Elac but handily trounces the 3030i. I'd say the overall sound quality (not sound signature which is subjective) is comparable, if not better, to my Wharfedale Evo 4.2 and KEF Q350 while their build quality is much superior to them.

All of the above, while being less than half the price. And they look stunning!

Which one is better , qx2 or newer lx3 mkii when compared with the sound quality?
Haven't heard the LX3 but i hope you do get how good the sound quality of the QX-2 is when i compare it to the likes of the KEF Q350 and the Wharfedale Evo 4.2 which i own and have heard extensively?

FYI, the LX is lower in the lineup of Mission than the QX series. Does not necessarily mean that a higher rung model of an item is better than its lower priced brethren but in most cases, it is the rule. Even the build quality of the QX-2 seems to be leagues ahead of the LX. I don't see any reason why anybody would prefer the LX3. None. Zilch.

I am interested for this.
Where you auditioned mission lx3 mkii? Could you please share your experience about the sound signature of this? How is the low end and vocals?
How much it costs?

My experience with LX3 MKII was very good , first thing I noticed is the instant sound stage and was quite prominent compared to other BS speakers. A bit shy on the high ,the mid and the base was very good for my liking.
I auditioned it in Bangalore, I don’t remember the price as I was looking for LX6 MKII

Last edited:
I have QX2's big brother, QX5. They are still new, probably less than 20 hours of play time on them. Mids and lows come out very nice. Vocals sound sweet. They present a nice and wide soundstage. But the centre imaging isn't as sharp compared to KEF Q or Polk Signature series. It could be due to speaker placement in my room as they are placed quite far apart due to a giant screen between them.

Also highs sound veiled quite a bit. I don't know if they would open up. But I think those who expect their speakers to sound livelier with lot of treble energy, resolution and details may get disappointed.

Please note that my observations are based on brand new pair of speakers. They might improve further after many more hours break-in.

I also listened to pairs of previous gen LX4 and LX5. I had each of the pairs for about a month before returning them due to either damage sustained in shipment or faulty woofers. I can't recall exact differences in sound quality between LX and QX series. But I quite liked what I heard and they had much of the sound characteristics of QX range. I remember LX being more warmer sounding than QX.

Also note that QX5 seem to exibit low sensitivity despite their 90db sensitivity claims, I don't know how smaller QXs behave. I can see why their peak SPL rating is only 96db. For example, when I do A/B switching between Polk S60 and QX5, I have to increase volume by about 10db to bring them to same level as S60. I didn't face that problem with LX series though. May be the 12" woofers in QX5s suck all the power fed to them. I don't know, I am just speculating.

BTW, I was referring to only highs when I said "But I think those who expect their speakers to sound livelier with lot of treble energy, resolution and details may get disappointed" above. They do good in Mid and Low frequencies.

BTW, I was referring to only highs when I said "But I think those who expect their speakers to sound livelier with lot of treble energy, resolution and details may get disappointed" above. They do good in Mid and Low frequencies.
Expect them to open up. I heard QX2s which had already been run in and they had "shimmering highs" though not quite at the same level as my KEF Q350s. BTW, did you get them on sale when they were going for 69k at hifimart?

Expect them to open up. I heard QX2s which had already been run in and they had "shimmering highs" though not quite at the same level as my KEF Q350s. BTW, did you get them on sale when they were going for 69k at hifimart?
I hope so.

How I ended up with QX5s is a long story. I initially bought LX4 for my Gym room from Amazon as they were available for a great discount. After receiving them I realized that one of the speakers sustained damage to the bottom of the front baffle, i.e. broken bottom corner. It took more than a month to return them and get refund from Amazon. Since I liked LX4s I then bought LX5's from Hifimart for 60k. They arrived unbroken but unfortunately bass woofers of one of the speakers were causing terrible noise. They were faulty. Mission distributor sent technician to take the woofers back and promised to deliver new replacement woofers. They took about a month and at the end the sent same woofers back after repairing them as they didn't have fresh stock. There were visible dents in the cone. I refused to accept and Mr.Anil from HifMart then ensured that I got a brand new QX5 pair as replacement at no extra cost.

QX5s were going for Rs.85k when I got them as replacement for LX5s. So finally it worked out well for me :). At some point, QX5s were going for 59k on hifimart and I was quite tempted to buy them but held back as I never heard Missions before. Finally made up my mind and went to hifimart to place order one day but they were gone. I kind of regretted for delaying. But in the end I think I was destined to end up with QX5s.

Last edited:
I hope so.

How I ended up with QX5s is a long story. I initially bought LX4 for my Gym room from Amazon as they were available for a great discount. After receiving them I realized that one of the speakers sustained damage to the bottom of the front baffle, i.e. broken bottom corner. It took more than a month to return them and get refund from Amazon. Since I liked LX4s I then bought LX5's from Hifimart for 60k. They arrived unbroken but unfortunately bass woofers of one of the speakers were causing terrible noise. They were faulty. Mission distributor sent technician to take the woofers back and promised to deliver new replacement woofers. They took about a month and at the end the sent same woofers back after repairing them as they didn't have fresh stock. There were visible dents in the cone. I refused to accept and Mr.Anil from HifMart then ensured that I got a brand new QX5 pair as replacement at no extra cost.

QX5s were going for Rs.85k when I got them as replacement for LX5s. So finally it worked out well for me :). At some point, QX5s were going for 59k on hifimart and I was quite tempted to buy them but held back as I never heard Missions before. Finally made up my mind and went to hifimart to place order one day but they were gone. I kind of regretted for delaying. But in the end I think I was destined to end up with QX5s.
Great twist of fate! :D

My experience with LX3 MKII was very good , first thing I noticed is the instant sound stage and was quite prominent compared to other BS speakers. A bit shy on the high ,the mid and the base was very good for my liking.
I auditioned it in Bangalore, I don’t remember the price as I was looking for LX6 MKII
If I'm not mistaken, the LX3 mkii uses a different tweeter than the ones used in higher models of Mission's line up including the QX-2s.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back