mixed feedback about Edifier DA5000 Pro

ShutterX

i just bought the Edifier DA5000 Pro 5.1 speakers from nehru place in delhi. recent price hikes forced me to spend 10k on them.

i set up the system at my place. the components feel great in quality, the units are heavy and have that well-built feel. i am listing down some positives and negatives that i noticed with this unit. please not that the unit is not run in yet and all observations are prima facie.

+ve - unit id well built
+ve - all satellites have tweeters (add lot of detail to the sound)
+ve - the mids are clear from the 4 surround channels (and sound louder that the 12/6wrms that they are rated)
+ve - remote allow on the fly gain adjustments for all channels

there are some bads that stuck out like thorns

-ve - bass is clear but starts distorting at only about 80% volume and you have to keep tuning bass gain to control distortion
-ve - center channel is only rated at 12wrms and sounds HORRIBLE. (vocals sound very recessed... like someone speaking to you over the phone)
-ve - front channel are 12wrms but surround is only 6wrms (seriously? 6wrms in a 10k system???). had to boost surround gain to get a decent effect (but sound did not distort)

over all, i like the system. but the center channel audio is just not acceptable. (frankly, the predecessor, the creative t6200 had better dialogue delivery) and bass is very tacky having requiring to increase to decrease bass to control distortion.

but the satellites are great and can make LOT of noise with the right source.

the only reason i bought this system is because there is NOTHING else in the market with similar price and spec.

are there any other DA5000 pro users here? would you concur with my initial review?

cheers

my edifier doesnt sound good

I am only getting music & bass & very little vocals its difficult to hear dialog
I have paired them with My computer which has 5.1 realtek soundcard plz suggest me
what should i do
plz let me Know which media player,drivers,software,or sound card u r using.
do i required to upgrade sound card ???
plz help urgent

my edifier doesnt sound good

I am only getting music & bass & very little vocals its difficult to hear dialog
I have paired them with My computer which has 5.1 realtek soundcard plz suggest me
what should i do
plz let me Know which media player,drivers,software,or sound card u r using.
do i required to upgrade sound card ???
plz help urgent

i had a similar problem. i got a sound card (asus Xonar DX). it helped a little but not very much. but the difference is noticeable.

as for good sounding media player, for movies, i love VLC. for music, i use foobar2000.

Nice post.. But not many have shared their views here.

Even I have owned a DA5000 Pro version and I really trust the brand for the quality products they produce.

These speakers can produce good sound even with on board sound card and excels with decent sound cards like Xonar DX or higher versions. I can say these speakers are really good for 10k. I do accept that the bass is weak but details are good enough for a 10K speakers.

I also bought F&D 6000 for one of my friends and after listening to it I felt only the bass is good in F&D and DA5000 Pro excels in the rest. My speakers capacity is 60W + 12W*4+ 12(6+6)

This is the aspect why you feel center is weak. But the details are good. These speakers not only have individual speakers sound adjustment but also mids, highs and lows adjustment.

So, increase Mids to improve the vocal sounds.

I do agree with Shubha, Edifier C2 produces soft and detailed sound, this is because of the external amplifier used in it. However, it is a 2.1 system and total output is around 30 which is not even 25% of DA5000 pro.

@NJJ, you should definitely upgrade your sound card to drive DA5000 Pro. I suggest you to go for Asus than Creative. Either Asus Xonar DX or D1 or higher versions. If you are on a tight budget go for Xonar DG.

Try JRiver Media Center and let me know the difference you felt. You can check my blog, mentioned below, for my experiences with JRiver.

Message me if you have any questions.

Regards
Harsha
foraudiophiles.blogspot.in

Hello Guys,

I am going to buy a new 5.1 speaker for my pc. My budget is max 11k. I am thinking of Edifier DA5000 Pro and F&D F6000U.
My room size is 11'x13' and my usage will be 40% movies , 30% gaming and 30% music, also please note that I dont have any external sound card I use my onboard realtek audio.
Please help me.

Regards,
Somantak

over all, i like the system. but the center channel audio is just not acceptable. (frankly, the predecessor, the creative t6200 had better dialogue delivery) and bass is very tacky having requiring to increase to decrease bass to control distortion.
If you read the specifications-
5.1 Multimedia Home Theater Speaker - DA5000 Pro | Edifier
Total power output:
RMS 12W x 3 + 6W x 2 + 60W x 1
THD + N (testing level): 10%
Signal to noise ratio:?85dBA
Distortion:?0.5%
then they are sounding accordingly.
Again it also depends on the cable connecting from source.

Hello Guys,

I am going to buy a new 5.1 speaker for my pc. My budget is max 11k. I am thinking of Edifier DA5000 Pro and F&D F6000U.
My room size is 11'x13' and my usage will be 40% movies , 30% gaming and 30% music, also please note that I dont have any external sound card I use my onboard realtek audio.
Please help me.

Regards,
Somantak

Hello Somantak,
If you want to choose between the two I would suggest you to go for F6000U. This is because the mids are more open and forward in F&D compared to edifier and it also has the thumping bass.

It also includes an FM with mp3 player using USB or Memory Card. Size is half compared to the F6000U and I feel it produces better sound than DA5000 Pro.
I have own both the pieces and need to tweak the DA's a lot (both software and hardware) to produce a decent sound but my F&D never troubled me with the sources or with tweaking. It is producing a decent sound with any source and with any settings.

Consider getting a wire upgrade.
And also increasing the centre channel sound level from remote. Set others to Level 0 and centre to Level 9 and instead increase the overall volume.

I have heard both Edifier and F&D. I think F&D is better (they have been around for some time now). Another option is Altec Lansing. I once suggested to a friend to buy MX5021 2.1 system and it was impressive. Altec Lansing FX5051 seems good but I wonder if it's that easily available.

Hello Guys,

I am planning on buying a5.1 speaker to connect to my 42" LED TV For watching movies as well as listening to music. My budget is around 15k. I am thinking of Edifier DA5000 Pro.

I also have heard the sound of the Klipsch 2.1 system and liked its sound too.

Kindly Advise.

Thanks
Troy

Which file type/audio HD or 2 channel did you test it with? You gotta do some tweaking in the software you use to "throw" 5.1 sound from DX to these speakers. :p
i just bought the Edifier DA5000 Pro 5.1 speakers from nehru place in delhi. recent price hikes forced me to spend 10k on them.

i set up the system at my place. the components feel great in quality, the units are heavy and have that well-built feel. i am listing down some positives and negatives that i noticed with this unit. please not that the unit is not run in yet and all observations are prima facie.

+ve - unit id well built
+ve - all satellites have tweeters (add lot of detail to the sound)
+ve - the mids are clear from the 4 surround channels (and sound louder that the 12/6wrms that they are rated)
+ve - remote allow on the fly gain adjustments for all channels

there are some bads that stuck out like thorns

-ve - bass is clear but starts distorting at only about 80% volume and you have to keep tuning bass gain to control distortion
-ve - center channel is only rated at 12wrms and sounds HORRIBLE. (vocals sound very recessed... like someone speaking to you over the phone)
-ve - front channel are 12wrms but surround is only 6wrms (seriously? 6wrms in a 10k system???). had to boost surround gain to get a decent effect (but sound did not distort)

but the satellites are great and can make LOT of noise with the right source.

the only reason i bought this system is because there is NOTHING else in the market with similar price and spec.

are there any other DA5000 pro users here? would you concur with my initial review?

cheers

OK. I tried everything. The center is indeed weak and in some movies sound is unacceptable. Design/model flaw. Again there is nothing out there for this price.

Finally i found a concurring view on DA5000 Pro. For 5.1 audio the center speaker is weak , does not deliver the dialogues that well ( i had a 4k Home theater which had a more clearer dialogue delivery). The surround speakers sound around 60% of that of front speakers ( although technically they are rated same). I have never owned or listened to a speaker with a tigher bass then DA5000 Pro so i cannot really comment and i am very happy with the bass

Having said all this the speakers are totally worth for 10k, even I do the sme thing as written above by Rockfella when watching proper 5.1 movies. Sudden blasts , music all sound awesome on these speakers and the volume can really sound loud and clear in a large room as well .

Finally i found a concurring view on DA5000 Pro. For 5.1 audio the center speaker is weak , does not deliver the dialogues that well ( i had a 4k Home theater which had a more clearer dialogue delivery). The surround speakers sound around 60% of that of front speakers ( although technically they are rated same). I have never owned or listened to a speaker with a tigher bass then DA5000 Pro so i cannot really comment and i am very happy with the bass

Having said all this the speakers are totally worth for 10k, even I do the sme thing as written above by Rockfella when watching proper 5.1 movies. Sudden blasts , music all sound awesome on these speakers and the volume can really sound loud and clear in a large room as well .

Power it up with Asus Xonar DG or DX. In the Asus control panel there are settings to manually control volume of all speakers. I have kept center speaker at max. Results are good. Overall I am happy. Movies sound amazing. Bass is good, sometimes over powering but can be reduced and there are 3 different settings to choose from easily. I helped my brother zero down to the Onkyo HTS3500 so i am comparing it with it. Keeping all factors in mind I don't feel the need to upgrade to Onkyo for 33k specially because music on it sounds crap.

Power it up with Asus Xonar DG or DX. In the Asus control panel there are settings to manually control volume of all speakers. I have kept center speaker at max. Results are good. Overall I am happy. Movies sound amazing. Bass is good, sometimes over powering but can be reduced and there are 3 different settings to choose from easily. I helped my brother zero down to the Onkyo HTS3500 so i am comparing it with it. Keeping all factors in mind I don't feel the need to upgrade to Onkyo for 33k specially because music on it sounds crap.

I wouldnt say so. I still have it with me and its only been what its been always... average. the bass is distorts and the center channel is still annoying as ever. I would have upgraded had this system been priority. Now its used just for watching TV by the wife.

Well I know a site who have both f6000 and da5000pro and reviewed.
Copy paste the URL. Open in chrome (android) as it translates in English.

http://forum.chip.co.id/forum/hardw...4-tes-singkat-f-d-fenda-f6000-5-1-lfe-monster

Also look at this picture and plz explain me the graph as I am a learning sound stuffs.
628ad1a81a23203f6eaeabbf9d8ec7ba.jpg

Hello Sarith,
I own a DA 5000 Pro since 1 year. Due to my house construction it was in the boxed condition since I bought it. Some how the remote got damaged and I am searching for a new remote. However, no Edifier Service is helping to get a remote. More over I am using a Digital converter box so that I can plug in the Optic out from my LED TV and play through the DA5000 pro. Since, remote is not functioning, I am unable to operate. I tried a IR blaster using the Mobile phone but no success. Is there a way I can get some advice in this regard. I am thinking of using a Universal remote and if one of the owner can help me to teach the remote and working out the logistic part, I think it will be of great help. Can anyone help me?.......thanks in advance....I am form Kochi, Kerala

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back