Mixing 5.1 speakers with different brands

neeraj.panday

Champs,

I have almost decided on my AVR (DENON 1613), but have few questions on speakers setup:

Due to acoustic limitation in my living room, it will be difficult for me to go with Bookshelve surround/rear speakers. But some of you advised me not to go with satellite due to sound locality issue. So i am thinking of going with front bookshelve speakers and rear satellite surround speakers.

Not sure if this is advisable and considered as normal practice. Please suggest. As usual, relying on you guys for expert feedbacks.. :clapping:

Also, can you guys advice me with some names?

suggest to go for either BS or satellites, not a mix of both. what is the acoustic limitation, is there a space limitation. If you have the budget then you can have BS for 2 fronts as well as for surrounds. This will sound a lot better than satellites. Satellites work great if you have a budget and space constraint.

Hi,
I would suggest to choose the 2 fronts, center and sub (if possible) of the same make / brand as this is where most of your movie stuff would sound. Polk (profx.com) offers a 5.1 package. May be you can think about that if that suits your need and budget.
Regards,
Amit

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back