• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Mogami 2549, what's with it

Wharfedale Speakers

shuv

I have kind of a stupid question. In a Pre-Power setup, do all ICs need to be identical? I mean sources to pre and pre to power?

SEANDSILVA

I have kind of a stupid question. In a Pre-Power setup, do all ICs need to be identical? I mean sources to pre and pre to power?
Ideally yes! Imo always good to stick to the same brand /model nbr. If you mix n match different cables you'll end up with a potpourri of colours/flavours metaphorically and sonically!

kartick

Here is the usb cable i made out of mogami 2549. Sounds natural warm and takes little digital haze away from sound. Good stuff. Do try to make one if you can.

View attachment 49409
This is interesting. Could you help build one for me? If yes, I could contact you separately. I am based in Delhi. Perhaps, if I could loan it and try, that will be awesome. Thanks.

firearm12

This is interesting. Could you help build one for me? If yes, I could contact you separately. I am based in Delhi. Perhaps, if I could loan it and try, that will be awesome. Thanks.
If you can take effort to pick it and drop to my place in noida you can test it on your system. you will like it if you like little warm sound and rolled off highs, not so resolving though, exactly with same characteristics how its rca sounds.

kartick

If you can take effort to pick it and drop to my place in noida you can test it on your system. you will like it if you like little warm sound and rolled off highs, not so resolving though, exactly with same characteristics how its rca sounds.
Thanks for considering letting me try it. I would say rather you try it for a couple of weeks to observe if there is any break-in which causes the highs to come through a bit more prominently. If you do find that change, I would definitely want to try it. And if we reach to that situation, we could use a courier to do the transfer. Much easier than me picking and dropping it back. Needless to say, I will pickup the courier charges for both ways.
Edit:
Can any of you recommend other cables (from Mogami, Belden, Euroclear, Gotham, etc.) which we can get to make a DIY USB cable?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nippy

Can any of you recommend other cables (from Mogami, Belden, Euroclear, Gotham, etc.) which we can get to make a DIY USB cable?
Kartick.. just a clarification... you want recommendations from Mogami, Belden etc. Or other than these makes?

kartick

Kartick.. just a clarification... you want recommendations from Mogami, Belden etc. Or other than these makes?
Hey, thanks for replying. I welcome suggestions for any good cable makes, whether Belden, Mogami or any other brands.

firearm12

Hey, thanks for replying. I welcome suggestions for any good cable makes, whether Belden, Mogami or any other brands.
I think any cable can be used to make a usb cable just that it should fit into tiny slots for soldering. According to my exprience it would have same traits as when used as rcas cable. My suggestion is to use a cable which you have used and liked in system.

kartick

Haven’t tried many cables as such, since for the longest time I have lived with cables by Mr. Murthy and Lyrita Audio. Hence the request for suggestions...