Mogami 2549, what's with it

I have kind of a stupid question. In a Pre-Power setup, do all ICs need to be identical? I mean sources to pre and pre to power?

I have kind of a stupid question. In a Pre-Power setup, do all ICs need to be identical? I mean sources to pre and pre to power?
Ideally yes! Imo always good to stick to the same brand /model nbr. If you mix n match different cables you'll end up with a potpourri of colours/flavours metaphorically and sonically!

Here is the usb cable i made out of mogami 2549. Sounds natural warm and takes little digital haze away from sound. Good stuff. Do try to make one if you can.

View attachment 49409
This is interesting. Could you help build one for me? If yes, I could contact you separately. I am based in Delhi. Perhaps, if I could loan it and try, that will be awesome. Thanks.

This is interesting. Could you help build one for me? If yes, I could contact you separately. I am based in Delhi. Perhaps, if I could loan it and try, that will be awesome. Thanks.

If you can take effort to pick it and drop to my place in noida you can test it on your system. you will like it if you like little warm sound and rolled off highs, not so resolving though, exactly with same characteristics how its rca sounds.

If you can take effort to pick it and drop to my place in noida you can test it on your system. you will like it if you like little warm sound and rolled off highs, not so resolving though, exactly with same characteristics how its rca sounds.
Thanks for considering letting me try it. I would say rather you try it for a couple of weeks to observe if there is any break-in which causes the highs to come through a bit more prominently. If you do find that change, I would definitely want to try it. And if we reach to that situation, we could use a courier to do the transfer. Much easier than me picking and dropping it back. Needless to say, I will pickup the courier charges for both ways.
Edit:
Can any of you recommend other cables (from Mogami, Belden, Euroclear, Gotham, etc.) which we can get to make a DIY USB cable?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can any of you recommend other cables (from Mogami, Belden, Euroclear, Gotham, etc.) which we can get to make a DIY USB cable?
Kartick.. just a clarification... you want recommendations from Mogami, Belden etc. Or other than these makes?

Kartick.. just a clarification... you want recommendations from Mogami, Belden etc. Or other than these makes?
Hey, thanks for replying. I welcome suggestions for any good cable makes, whether Belden, Mogami or any other brands.

Hey, thanks for replying. I welcome suggestions for any good cable makes, whether Belden, Mogami or any other brands.

I think any cable can be used to make a usb cable just that it should fit into tiny slots for soldering. According to my exprience it would have same traits as when used as rcas cable. My suggestion is to use a cable which you have used and liked in system.

Haven’t tried many cables as such, since for the longest time I have lived with cables by Mr. Murthy and Lyrita Audio. Hence the request for suggestions...

Have the Mogami W2497 Neglex.. Love them over my Audio-quest evergreen.. I tend to agree Mogami sound a tad warm. Am quite sure but audio-quest sound more detailed on the top end. Also have Supra interconnects which I love the most but sadly cannot find more of them in India anymore. Anyhow I use the Mogami's in one of my setups. I am no expert and honestly don't know and wouldn't speculate by using fancy audio terms but mogami's sound good to me and thats it.. I am inclined to buy the Mogami 2803 and am trying to understand many in this thread have written that it sounds HIGH_RES.. What do you guys mean when you say it sounds HIGH RES.. Thanks

Has anyone compared 2497 and 2549? I have 2803 and there are also posts describing 2549 along with 2803. Want to know how does 2497 stack up against the other two, as far as price goes it seems to be placed in between them.

Has anyone compared 2497 and 2549? I have 2803 and there are also posts describing 2549 along with 2803. Want to know how does 2497 stack up against the other two, as far as price goes it seems to be placed in between them.
Isn't Mogami's 2803 their reference grade interconnects? And then comes 2497 followed by 2549, price wise.
Have not heard any of these personally, but I'm curious as a "cable refresh project" is underway in my rig, hopefully soon enough.

Cheers,
Raghu

Any lovers of this cheap cable for rca, I found that whatever cable I tried, I have gone back to this cable over any other, I always tried to move to some more high resolution cable, but this cable's fat and little grainy sound always attracted me back. Am I crazy or what. Does this mean I don't need any expensive amps and speakers also.

Cables I tried:-

Vdh d102 mkiii
Mogami 2803
Furutech alpha line 2
Sound foundation z1
Audiogd rca cables
Price of your cable please

Recently I added Mogami 2803 to stereo rig (RME DAC to Rotel PA)...
I am not an audiophile & before this buy I was never a fan of expensive cables, but from last 2 weeks of listening, I can say it is on the warmer side and added lot of depth to the music. It had lot more dynamics and different layers of music can be easily separated. I got so excited that I planned to upgrade all my cables to Mogami ones (interconnects & speakers). All thanks to @magma :)

I have used 2803 and 2549. 2803 is high in resolution and more attacking, very good analytical cable. 2549 has the better musical flow and that thick mids that 2803 doesnt have. though its not high in resolution. 2549 has very low capacitance than 2803 and suited my naim amp more than 2803.

Wow

I just chanced upon this thread
Didn't know there was a threaded dedicated to the 2549!!

One of the most underrated budget interconnects from the house of mogami - japan

Glad to see so many fans

The cable is truly lovely
Inexpensive and comes with mogami's lifetime warranty ( which we abide by)

I don't think there is actually a better Ic
For its price bracket

Good to see a fanclub

Mogami Would love to get feedback on how it can do better
And so would us ( Soundfoundations )

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back