Mogami 2549, what's with it

@manniraj & @hydrovac or others: count me in for a meter pair if any of you are ordering.

Sure Captain, but I had a doubt like the bare cable sale description says "Ortofon 8NX OCC Hifi RCA XLR Bulk Cable For Diy High Pure Copper Audio Interconnect Bulk Cable" and costs around Rs.850/mtr whereas the finished cable the description says "Hifi A55 Ortofon RCA Cable Hi-end CD Amplifier Interconnect 2RCA to 2RCA Male Audio Cable" and costs around Rs. 2,057. Finished cable does not say anywhere its 8NX OCC which makes it different :) Also cost wise Rs. 1200/- for a pair of fancy bullet type RCA connectors and soldering cost I got a doubt.

thanks

To my mind better not import from China for next 6-8 months .

Better enjoy with what we have..

If we don't have then we don't need.

As far as possible...get local.

Anyways..our hobby is "non essential "

IMO

To my mind better not import from China for next 6-8 months .

Better enjoy with what we have..

If we don't have then we don't need.

As far as possible...get local.

Anyways..our hobby is "non essential "

IMO

Hey even our hobby should be deemed essential. Look at these guys...

Sure Captain, but I had a doubt like the bare cable sale description says "Ortofon 8NX OCC Hifi RCA XLR Bulk Cable For Diy High Pure Copper Audio Interconnect Bulk Cable" and costs around Rs.850/mtr whereas the finished cable the description says "Hifi A55 Ortofon RCA Cable Hi-end CD Amplifier Interconnect 2RCA to 2RCA Male Audio Cable" and costs around Rs. 2,057. Finished cable does not say anywhere its 8NX OCC which makes it different :) Also cost wise Rs. 1200/- for a pair of fancy bullet type RCA connectors and soldering cost I got a doubt.

thanks
Imo better go for bare cable and rca connectors seperately.. specially considering that the connectors are screw based you dont really need to solder them. The total cost for the pair of interconnects would be around INR1,800.

Having said that I would agree with @mpw its better to avoid importing anything from China right now.. better safe than sorry!

Also in case a meetup is scheduled post this lock down and you are in and around NCR I would be more than happy to bring them along for auditioning.

@firearm12 Thanks to your thread and in my quest to narrow down my choice to the mogami 2549 as an IC, i discovered these two sites where this sound engineer has uploaded 4 short audio clips comparing the 2549 to a 'common' cable but he hasn't stated the brand of the other cable or whether this is some cheap generic IC. For some reason the clips are difficult to play especially the test samples for the 2549. Somehow i managed to hear all 8 samples and to me, first impression was that the other cable sounded brighter and sharper whereas the 2549 felt more balanced, warmer and seemed to perhaps mildly round off the highs a bit..I quite like what I heard of the 2549! What are your thoughts?

@firearm12 Thanks to your thread and in my quest to narrow down my choice to the mogami 2549 as an IC, i discovered these two sites where this sound engineer has uploaded 4 short audio clips comparing the 2549 to a 'common' cable but he hasn't stated the brand of the other cable or whether this is some cheap generic IC. For some reason the clips are difficult to play especially the test samples for the 2549. Somehow i managed to hear all 8 samples and to me, first impression was that the other cable sounded brighter and sharper whereas the 2549 felt more balanced, warmer and seemed to perhaps mildly round off the highs a bit..I quite like what I heard of the 2549! What are your thoughts?

Yes 2549 is exactly as you mentioned. Little low on resolution but high on mids and musicality, mogami are warm cables. I enjoyed it truly on my naim system, it tamed the harsheness amd treble. I could not like any other cable on that system.

Hey Sean
Those are good cables
Enjoy

P.s
I need to make some edits on my website

All mogami cables sold will hence forth be directional
Mogami japan
Has adviced

The direction will simply be the direction of the text printed on the cable

All users are adviced the same
In case the authorised mogami termination units in each country dont sufficiently advertise this fact

I have tried Mogami, tchernov, couple Beldens (yet to get hand on 8402), MPS, chord, QED, audioquest and some others. What has moved my boat so far is the Belden LC1 and the 1694A. The connectors of my choice are the Canare RCap and the Neutrik nf2c-b/2.
Another absolutely surprisingly good cable is the MX Reference 2576/77 and 78. Can be used for both analogue and digital (coaxial) duty, same as the 1694A

Hey Sean
Those are good cables
Enjoy

P.s
I need to make some edits on my website

All mogami cables sold will hence forth be directional
Mogami japan
Has adviced

The direction will simply be the direction of the text printed on the cable

All users are adviced the same
In case the authorised mogami termination units in each country dont sufficiently advertise this fact

Thanks a ton. I will enjoy them for sure.

Yeah that's a good idea to mention the direction of use considering the shield being soldered to ground at the source end ( cd player/ tt) thus creating a floating ground. Even hifimart should consider doing likewise.

Thanks a ton. I will enjoy them for sure.

Yeah that's a good idea to mention the direction of use considering the shield being soldered to ground at the source end ( cd player/ tt) thus creating a floating ground. Even hifimart should consider doing likewise.
Yes, that is the only need for mentioning direction from source to output. It is better to mark than follow the print pattern...just incase the shield gets shorted at the other end while making

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back