Mogami Speaker Cable

If you want, you can get 1mm Polycab cables. Should not cost more than Rs.10 per meter. And if you are at it, get a 2mm also. Try those and see how the sound changes.

Ok will try do on next Sunday.
One forum member said give it a weeks try...
I have given detailed reply to another member called Audiopro from Mumbai.
Thanks

Hi You said had...so what cable are you using now and why did you change Mogami.
thanks

Because I changed my amp to Naim and had to use Naim cable for Naim sound :p. Mogami to me is an airy cable with bloated bass. It would only seem bright if your previous cable was pretty dull

Hi At low volume only went upto mid volume , it seems my Jamo 426 speakers are behaving funny...how can the sound signature change completely by just a cable change... going from decent/ warm in old cable to neutral /bright in new Mogami 3103 cable, my son and I am are totally astonished - that a cheap normal thin cable was sounding good, I can see Mogami is a very good professional quality thick cable...so what are we missing.

Cheers

Cable changes are always pretty astonishing to me. Mogami is a good cable, maybe you were not used to clarity in your previous cable, but it's definitely not bright.

Speakers cable do need some time to break-in. Their optimum performance can be evaluated only after burn-in say may be 40 to 50 Hrs . Initially some cable behaviour may be unexpected but with time that improves and largely dependent on associated equipment. Some cable come with arrows marks showing the current flow from amplifier to speaker. You may request one for the FM near by you to lend his speaker cable for testing purposes. Some time some speakers cables are so transparent that neither add nor deduct anything and hence show the exact sound signature of setup. Check with different combinations of amplifier, speaker and cables and get the result for peace of mind else you will have sleep less nights.

Hi At low volume only went upto mid volume , it seems my Jamo 426 speakers are behaving funny...how can the sound signature change completely by just a cable change... going from decent/ warm in old cable to neutral /bright in new Mogami 3103 cable, my son and I am are totally astonished - that a cheap normal thin cable was sounding good, I can see Mogami is a very good professional quality thick cable...so what are we missing.

Request Engineers to have a look at my posts and give a solution/option- cables impedance value is playing a role, {as in general amps are designed to have low output impedance so that loud speaker impedance is higher however the impedance of the connecting cable can have an audible effect- just now read on internet web site Sound on Sound} .

The Mogami 3103 cable I have put is unterminated just wire, should I try again and this time put treminated Mogami 3103 cable and hope an ordinary interconnect solves the complete change in sound issue.

Also I will change /put the other Enbee Designer speakers instead of Jamo 426 speakers and check the sound quality.
Then after this I will change the Amps from Marantz to Enbee amp and pre amp to check the sound quality.

Instead of improving sound quality a good cable change can expose defects in Speakers I feel as of now.
So I should not try to improve things too much if they are decent ...and loose sleep....however must say enjoying the journey and am amused at the confusion.

Will post an update after doing all the above. Meanwhile any suggestions are welcome from members in forum... any New Delhi based member or Engineer can also visit my place to help I will try to arrange transport and surely buy beer or lunch.

Cheers

Cheers
Do not conclude anything very early, wait till cable burn in. Atleast give it 30 to 50 hours to settle down.

Cable changes are always pretty astonishing to me. Mogami is a good cable, maybe you were not used to clarity in your previous cable, but it's definitely not bright.

Right, point noted. I will give the new Mogami cables a run in time to break in as advised by a forum member.
Just learnt from the internet search that some cables have a longer run in time, was under the impression that only speakers need break in time not cables.

Thanks

Cables are very system specific. By and large, mogamis are not known for brightness. They are very popular in the studio circles. Many high end studios are wired with the 2804. Your amp, speaker wire and speakers form one circuit and play as one component when you hit play. So the key thing to watch out for is synergy. If your speaker is already bright, a transparent cable will make the problem even worse.

I have played around with some mogamis in the past. I seriously doubt the problem is with the cable.

It would only seem bright if your previous cable was pretty dull

I agree with this assessment.

I have used Mogami 3103 in the past and IMO it isn't a bright cable by any metrics. In fact its a bit rolled off in the highs.

Please try out my earlier advice of sticking one or two, or even three layers of regular tissue in front of the tweeters. Use masking tape to stick as it is easily removable. Just ensure that you don't poke the tweeter cone. If you don't like it, simply take it off. It's completely reversible and does not involve any destructive mod.

This was how a friend and myself made his S426 bearable to listen. As I said it has a hot treble. Of course his amp at that time (Yamaha A497 or A498, IIRC) was also inherently on the brighter side and didn't help either.

Do not conclude anything very early, wait till cable burn in. Atleast give it 30 to 50 hours to settle down.

Ok will do.
I am going to try one more thing will test one speaker Enbee and One Speaker Jamo at the same time to feel the difference.

Last edited:
Happy with mogami 3103 speaker cable and 2497 interconnects. Drastically improved sound from my previous cables. And as many other said, its not bright at all but neither did i find it dull or with bloated bass. Its just right.

Happy with mogami 3103 speaker cable and 2497 interconnects. Drastically improved sound from my previous cables. And as many other said, its not bright at all but neither did i find it dull or with bloated bass. Its just right.

Right Thanks

I have a pair of inakustik interconnects. Very nice indeed. Available in BOM. Don't know if the speaker cables are available though. Thanks for the info.
I discovered that total home theatres used to sell inakustik cable but when I recently contacted Mr. Kotwal he said they're out of stock and suggested AQ instead.

The culprit could be the amp or speakers itself
This is possible as Marantz PM amps can sound edgy in pure direct mode with some speakers.Also his amp is not very powerful .
If speaker tweeter is said to be sharp in nature ,then what can a good speaker cable will do :).

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back